Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Global warming and the zombie apocalypse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa Marmo wrote:
The pope isn't a Christian...

What the hell?

Quote:
The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church, with more than 1.2 billion members worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

Quote:
Catholicism (from Greek καθολικισμός, katholikismos, "according to the whole") is used as a broad term for describing specific traditions in the Christian churches in theology and doctrine, liturgy, ethics and spirituality.

In this sense, it is to be distinguished from the sense in which it denotes Christians and churches, western and eastern, that are in full communion with the Holy See, and that are commonly called the Catholic Church or Roman Catholic Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism

And you call ME uneducated. You may think the Pope and the Catholic church is heretical, well of course you do, just like every sect and denomination thinks THEY are special and real and true. But to say the Catholic Church isn't Christian just defies logic, rationality, EVERYTHING. I suppose the Orthodox churches aren't Christian either? Only your little band of special snowflakes are REAL Christians hey? Arrogance.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:19 pm

My sister was saying just the same thing the other night (except she was referring to people who don't follow the Old Testament literally): she doesn't actually consider them Christian. Even I was surprised to hear her say that.

For me, it's one thing to say that someone else has a wrong interpretation of Christianity; quite another to deny them the label altogether. Very sectarian. I guess it's just a good thing that these conflicts are (mostly) no longer militarised.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:49 pm

David wrote:
My sister was saying just the same thing the other night (except she was referring to people who don't follow the Old Testament literally): she doesn't actually consider them Christian. Even I was surprised to hear her say that.

For me, it's one thing to say that someone else has a wrong interpretation of Christianity; quite another to deny them the label altogether. Very sectarian. I guess it's just a good thing that these conflicts are (mostly) no longer militarised.

She literally believes the Old Testament? Have you asked her why she hasn't murdered the neighbours for gardening on the Sabath?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 pm

LOL. Of course like anyone she's rather selective with what she decides ought to be taken "literally", though my father would mount the argument that these prescribed "punishments" are only to be taken by the (theocratic) justice system, not the individual. Which gets him off the hook in a way, but rather more worryingly means that if such a government ever came into power, he would support it.

Kind of puts the Taliban into perspective, doesn't it?

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:25 pm

It does David. It is excellent though that having been brought up in a family where such beliefs are so strong, that you have been able to liberate yourself from it.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:
The pope isn't a Christian...

What the hell?

Quote:
The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church, with more than 1.2 billion members worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

Quote:
Catholicism (from Greek καθολικισμός, katholikismos, "according to the whole") is used as a broad term for describing specific traditions in the Christian churches in theology and doctrine, liturgy, ethics and spirituality.

In this sense, it is to be distinguished from the sense in which it denotes Christians and churches, western and eastern, that are in full communion with the Holy See, and that are commonly called the Catholic Church or Roman Catholic Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism

And you call ME uneducated. You may think the Pope and the Catholic church is heretical, well of course you do, just like every sect and denomination thinks THEY are special and real and true. But to say the Catholic Church isn't Christian just defies logic, rationality, EVERYTHING. I suppose the Orthodox churches aren't Christian either? Only your little band of special snowflakes are REAL Christians hey? Arrogance.

Catholicism is a cult, it's just a very large cult, it's a blending of Judaism, Christianity and paganism. You really aren't quite as smart as you think you Wokko, everyone knows the snowflakes no longer exist, and calling yourself a Christian doesn't mean you are one, just like sleeping in the carport doesn't make you are car.

Anyone who says he's a Christian and doesn't obey the scripture, by the scriptures definition, isn't a Christian. You can't follow this part or that part, you have to take all or nothing. Many in this thread keep harping back to Old Testament references for justification as to why we are wrong or why we aren't following scripture properly, you have no understanding of the scripture unless God has given your mind understanding.

I challenge any of you in here, to take a risk, and sincerely as God to reveal himself to you by his word, and then read the bible. Ask him to open your eyes to the truth, and prove to you he exists, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1corinthians 2:14

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Man there's nothing on telly, bring back the walking dead
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Don't bring em back, shoot em
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Cross bow , team ah **** forgot his name
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:27 pm

You're quick.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Daryl!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Bugger
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 pm

think positive wrote:
Daryl!
By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes I $£$%^%%$ do
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: