Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Global warming and the zombie apocalypse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be involved in this, but anyone who has a BELIEF in divine creation is not going to be swayed by science, logic or rationalities. They may want to be swayed, because there is a huge siren going off in their rational mind that this is all fairy tale bullshit invented by crazy and drugged desert nomads a few thousand years ago, but they have been brainwashed, either unwillingly by religious parents, or willingly through self delusion and fear of the unknown.

Science is not afraid to be wrong, it craves being wrong. It is in these moments of failure that science leads to further knowledge and understanding. Religious belief on the other hand cannot allow itself to be wrong, because it is built on infallibility. So asking laypeople to prove evolution is an unfair and biased question, evolution has already been proven via the scientific method. What has been disproven, time and time again is the biblical account of creation. So unless YOU dear reader can disprove Evolution (which the scientific community would be happy for you to do) then that is the current model you need to accept.

Why you put your faith in the old testament Jewish myths from a few millennia ago but not for example the earlier ancient Greek or Egyptian mythos makes no sense at all. Before trying to tear down the science, why don't you have a crack at tearing down your own views? That's what science does, it tries to make its ideas fail. Time for the religionists to do the same.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 pm

On to the fourth page, and still no empirical evidence, but I'm not surprised, there isn't any.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
On to the fourth page, and still no empirical evidence, but I'm not surprised, there isn't any.

You're the one stating that evolution is not true. The burden of proof is with the negative. Disprove evolution.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Also the beginning of life from non-life, or the organic from non organic if you like is not part of, nor is implied by or from evolution. There is such a glut of evidence supporting evolutionary theory that it takes the actively ignorant to deny it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Read that.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:

to be fair mate, and not to trash on your beliefs, there's no empirical evidence of God or that he made things either.

The best explanation i've come across is that we're all living in a computer simulation (think Matrix) devised by some bored highly evolved human a few eons ago.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Wokko wrote:
Also the beginning of life from non-life, or the organic from non organic if you like is not part of, nor is implied by or from evolution. There is such a glut of evidence supporting evolutionary theory that it takes the actively ignorant to deny it.

Read that.
There sure is.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:

to be fair mate, and not to trash on your beliefs, there's no empirical evidence of God or that he made things either.

The best explanation i've come across is that we're all living in a computer simulation (think Matrix) devised by some bored highly evolved human a few eons ago.

What you're describing is Descarte's 'Evil Demon'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon

Pretty interesting stuff. If you've made the leap yourself into Cartesian philosophy then it's worth a look at the original. Laughing
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Wokko wrote:

Read that.

Your first sentence is garbage, it has always been part of the several different theories of evolution. Provide some of the glut of supporting evidence, if there is so much of it, and please, don't do a Davis and try using that rubbish 29 evidences, nearly all of it is out dated or disproved.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Read that.

Your first sentence is garbage, it has always been part of the several different theories of evolution. Provide some of the glut of supporting evidence, if there is so much of it, and please, don't do a Davis and try using that rubbish 29 evidences, nearly all of it is out dated or disproved.

Sorry, you're ignorant and delusional. Abiogeneis is a seperate theory. You don't want knowledge, you want a 'gotcha' moment so you can happily go on believing. Science isn't what you think it is. Again I say, if you can disprove Evolution then write a paper with your evidence disproving the theory (that nobody has been able to disprove in 150 years) and you will be rich, famous and respected for centuries.

Otherwise, just accept that you're happy in ignorance born of religious dogma and let it go.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:

?????
No empirical evidence?
So none of the data collected, investigations undertaken, experiments conducted or the comparisons made of the consistency of results between the fields of; molecular genetics, molecular proteomics, paleontology, biochemistry, histology, physiology, anatomy, embryology, ecology, botany, taxonomy, biogeography or morphology count as evidence?

Not one single shred of evidence has been found in any of the countless thousands of detailed scientific investigations undertaken in those fields that is inconsistent with evolution by natural selection.
Not one result indicates evolution to be false.
But countless thousands of results all conducted in rigorous scientific precision, peer reviewed and published, all assert evolution up be fact.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Don't feed the troll. He hasn't even tried to define what he means by "empirical proof" yet - and you can be pretty sure that whatever it is he has in mind when he says "empirical proof", it won't be anything sensible or reasonable.

(Hint: my guess is that he hasn't got a clue what empirical evidence is, for him it's just a catch-phrase picked up in some loopy Flat Earth Society meeting. But we shall see.)

PS: Wokko: Gold Star posting in this thread; nice work.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Tannin, Wokko and Sixpoints, I believe Romans 1:22 was written just for you.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Fail. It was written more than 1900 years before any of us were born.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Not sure what Idolatry has to do with anything we've posted here, but while we're on the Bible, I hope you've never eaten rare meat, worn anything other than single fabric cloth or ever shaved your beard or cut your hair. Gods laws are absolute and forever. Jesus said he was not there to change the Law.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:45 pm

When God inspired it, he knew an ignorant old bugger, who would deny the faith and truth, with a boastful mouth, full of pride and back biting, would come along, and you did. But oh so lucky for you, Gods mercy is boundless and his grace is great, and even you can be forgiven, though your arrogance may get in the way. I will continue to pray for your wretched lost soul, even though you believe you don't need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: