Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 - Collingwood vs Werribee at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers peg one back.

67-34.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Sherlock misses.

67-35.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Siren.

FULL TIME.

Collingwood 8.19.67
Werribee 5.5.35

GOALS - Mooney 2, Reid 2, Allan, Hellier, Martin, Gault

Over to you!

Very Happy
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 pm

eight, eighteen, sheeeeesh!
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Anymore injuries? Any word on Karnezis? Possibly held over for tomorrow?
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Listening to the radio, both Reid and Fax didn't play the last Quarter. Will be difficult to pick best players from that grinding game.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Rick wrote:
Anymore injuries? Any word on Karnezis? Possibly held over for tomorrow?

Apparently has a hammie.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Karnezis apparently did his hammy yesterday (score another one to Friday training, that's 5 in a row now) while Marsh reportedly did a hammy at the end of the game... Evil or Very Mad
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Just got home, scrappy match but at least we won. We kicked 1.11 in the third term lol.

Short review;

1; Fasolo; Out there for the run, used the ball well when he did get it, didn't do much though. Went off at 3/4 time with a smile on his face.
2; Dwyer; Didn't play, held over as emergency for tomorrow.
4; Grundy; Copped a corked thigh early on and struggled through the game, did well in the ruck but not a lot around the ground. Should be in contention.
20; Reid; Played three quarters up forward and looked as good as he has all year. Ran hard a few times and kicked 2 goals from 3 shots. I'd bring him in.
23; Keeffe; Played on Daw when he went forward and was beaten a few times outside 50 by him. Smashed the other guy he played on though, decent game.
27; Armstrong; This is more like it, finally he's starting to play well at this level, showing that he is too good for VFL level. Won the ball, used it well and tackled today. Might even come into contention.
29; Broomhead; Very good once again, wins the hard ball and uses it, bar a few terrible kicks in the last quarter. Love the kid. 36 disposals apparently.
31; Ramsay; Once again played a defensive role and played it quite well. Doesn't get enough of the ball to really standout though.
33; Karnezis; Didn't play. Word from the man himself was a "tight hammy".
37; Martin; Dominated early, and kicked a few nice goals too. Once again puts his name in the best players.
38; Yagmoor; Did he even play? OK, he did, but he didn't do much from what I saw.
44; Gault; Not ideal conditions for the big guys but he didn't have a really good day today. Kicked an arsey goal off the ground in the second quarter though.
46; Marsh; All aboard the Marsh bandwagon. Yes he's still learning but he's improving every week. Takes defensive marks, punches and uses his pace when he gets the ball. Improving his ball use and thought too.
48; Mooney; Looked good up forward, kicked 2 goals. Best he's looked in a while.

Of the VFL listed players Moloney, Hellier, Allan, Turner and Ferguson were good.

Wet, windy conditions but out goal kicking was poor.

Now to warm up. Surprised
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks guys
it was a hard choice
stopping in melbourne or going to day dream island in
the great barrier reef
kidš are swimming and i am drinking xxxx beer
if it wasnt for you guys
i would be wondering how things went.
but still enjoying a beer and a tropical climate
keep freezing!
Im reálly enjoying the player review
keep going on this mattys123
and Thanks MB!

Kosh 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:17 pm
Post subject: Impressions of the GameReply with quote

Thank you MagpieBat for the commentary and the injury news. I had to leave just on the siren and have just got home. Sitting down with a lovely glass of malt whisky and now that I have thawed out.. thinking about the game.

It is hard to take anything out of a game played in those conditions, the best you can hope for generally is no injuries (fail) and a hard fought win.

Positives
Kyle Martin is a very, very good footballer, but this is not telling anyone anything that they don't know. He touch was clean on a day where everyone was slipping about. I wish he could have finished better because he should have had at least 3 despite having that Werribee leper hanging off him like dags on a sheep for the whole game.

Tim Broomhead will be OK. He was, for the most part, a one touch player today where most players were fumbling about withe ball.

Armstrong played the bets game I have seen him play and although that is not saying much, I have to give him credit for his performance. For those of you that are sceptical, which is all of you, I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen it myself. All jokes aside..good for him, I am not saying he will be picked in the firsts, but we are not exactly covering ourselves in glory in the seniors & Armstrong is clearly doing his best.

Grundy was having a Barry Crocker for most of the game. He must be injured as he looked to be struggling but to his credit he persisted and he was good in the last quarter.

Reid may have turned the corner. He didn't play the whole game but as the game progressed he started attacking the contest like a senior player who was getting a bit of confidence back into his body. He also got a couple of sausage rolls... which is always good for the confidence.

The Gault, as I call him, was very good for most of the day. I am a big fan of this kid as he just looks like a poised footballer. Apparently he started life as a mid sized player but suddenly put on a few inches and became key position sized. He had to learn a whole new way to play. That and his wretched luck with injuries has really held him back. I hope we keep him on the list.

Hellier was solid as always and Rammer Ramsay looked good.

On the negative side the goal kicking was just dreadful in the 3rd quarter. The game was not in doubt but we should have pounded this mob. After the first 5-8 minutes they literally could not get the ball past the centre square. I can only imagine what a classy finisher like PK would have done today.

Which leads me to my final comment regarding injuries. It is now beyond a joke and cannot be explained away as just bad luck. I was slightly cheered by the Gaffer's presser this week when he acknowledged that they had looked at some of the things that club could do better around player management but for goodness sake it is just not good enough. Enough said..nothing we can do about it, we just have to hope that the club gets its act together.

Stirling work from Magpie Bat today, as always...looking forward to the big game tomorrow. Hot Pies!!!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Quote:
Armstrong played the bets game I have seen him play and although that is not saying much, I have to give him credit for his performance. For those of you that are sceptical, which is all of you

ahem. not all of us get stuck into him and are sceptics. i like the lad. i hope he can make a go of his opportunity with us. he demonstrates excellent onfield and off field leadership and is universally liked.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Good win but god out Goal Kicking was Terrible.

1.11 in the 3rd Qtr. Not Good Enough

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Good to get up in the morning in sunny London and read the game from the Ressies. Thanks MB and others, you do good work !
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Good win but god out Goal Kicking was Terrible.

1.11 in the 3rd Qtr. Not Good Enough

Goal kicking wasn't great in the 3rd quarter Dave, but a few of them were rushed or punched through by the opposition defenders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: