Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swan (now out injured for 4 weeks)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
OMG. Do you ever say anything nice?

Bucks is not the medical staff, he just goes by what the player and them tell him.

Gees is he the reason your such a miserable old goat too?

I think he needs to take some of the blame but innate personality traits will always come to the fore Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Get him read for 2015.

At the Moment he is too injured to play.

He is more a Hindrance the a Help

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Defender wrote:
think positive wrote:
Defender wrote:
think positive wrote:
OMG. Do you ever say anything nice?

Bucks is not the medical staff, he just goes by what the player and them tell him.

Gees is he the reason your such a miserable old goat too?

I'm not a nice person TP.

Well at least your honest

And ridiculously good looking.

Which proves you can't judge a book by it's cover

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Since I have NFI what the effects of a bone spur actually are I did some research.
As follows
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bone-spur-topic-overview

A bone spur forms as the body tries to repair itself by building extra bone. It typically forms in response to pressure, rubbing, or stress that continues over a long period of time.

And
Bone spurs also form in the feet in response to tight ligaments, to activities such as dancing and running that put stress on the feet,

Hope having some facts may help in the debate on what Swan should do

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

I've no doubt that Dane is hampered by a few injuries and it's not surprising if the hunger has wained a tad after having achieved pretty much everything you can in the game.

However:

Outside the Bayswater Hotel right now is a big banner with the headline 'The Ratpack' advertising a night in July with Chris Tarrant and Dayne Swan.

I have no issue with Swanny earning an income outside of his job on the field but it's not exactly a good look is it. I trust Swanny's professionalism and maturity to be able to separate the two, but you'd reckon it would be a challenge for him after most of his best mates have now retired to the good life (and good on them too).

The problem is that perception is reality for most, and if Swanny is on a stage with Tazza talking about some of their antics in the larrikin days, plenty of people (journos included) will use this against him and cause distractions that frankly we don't need.

I'd prefer to see him put this stuff on hold til he hangs up the boots. I'd love to have a few beers and sit back and listen to Swanny, Tazza, Dids, BJ and Heater relive the glory days... After Swanny has retired. Just my opinion.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Niece & her girlfriends just got home from a Collingwood Club Night function in Ringwood tonight.

Swan was one of a dozen Collingwood players there

In his own words to the audience , he said that he is out for the next four weeks.

I guess we will see

Az 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:16 am

Damien wrote:
I've no doubt that Dane is hampered by a few injuries and it's not surprising if the hunger has wained a tad after having achieved pretty much everything you can in the game.

However:

Outside the Bayswater Hotel right now is a big banner with the headline 'The Ratpack' advertising a night in July with Chris Tarrant and Dayne Swan.

I have no issue with Swanny earning an income outside of his job on the field but it's not exactly a good look is it. I trust Swanny's professionalism and maturity to be able to separate the two, but you'd reckon it would be a challenge for him after most of his best mates have now retired to the good life (and good on them too).

The problem is that perception is reality for most, and if Swanny is on a stage with Tazza talking about some of their antics in the larrikin days, plenty of people (journos included) will use this against him and cause distractions that frankly we don't need.

I'd prefer to see him put this stuff on hold til he hangs up the boots. I'd love to have a few beers and sit back and listen to Swanny, Tazza, Dids, BJ and Heater relive the glory days... After Swanny has retired. Just my opinion.

The hierarchy at Collingwood don't seem to share your view. Hell even Bucks has joked about the Rat Pack on occasion before. It's really not an issue. If it's one thing we've learned over the journey is that journos, especially one old grumpy obsessed woman who works for The Age, is never going to give Swanny a break regardless of what he does. Never mind the endless charity work he has done over the years. If it's not a worry to Pert and the gang, it's certainly not a problem for myself or the brand of Collingwood. Anyone who is genuine gets what Swanny is about. The one thing I've found that everyone who doesn't support Collingwood is in agreement with is that Dane Swan is a champion footballer and a great personality, regardless of their pure hatred for us.
BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:47 am

If he does have bone spurs then it's understandable he is struggling. I had them when I was 18 on both feet at the top of my feet not under the heel. You are very limited with running and at times a sharp pain would generate through your foot and up the leg to have you in excruciating pain through out a game of football. The heel is much worse. The worst part is I struggled to walk and let alone train for the next few days. The operation and the end of the season was such a relief. I'm sure he will come back and play some of his best footy again next year
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Sen reporting that Swan will be out for 1 month
Az 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Sen reporting that Swan will be out for 1 month

Has been confirmed by the club. Plantar fascia injury in his foot. Will train off his feet for 10 days then resume training
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Foot injury sidelines Swan

Stephen Rielly July 17, 2014 2:00 PM

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-17/foot-injury-sidelines-swan

Quote:

Collingwood midfielder Dane Swan is likely to miss the next month of football due to a foot injury he sustained in last Sunday’s match against Essendon at the MCG.

A record of incredible durability owned by the 2011 Brownlow Medallist has been interrupted by a plantar fascia injury in his left foot which is expected to sideline him for up to a month.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Makes one wonder why he wasn't given the time to recuperate sooner, another feather in our all conquering medical teams cap? As it sits now we've had an injured star for the last 6 weeks having minimal impact (by his standards) and now we're going to lose him completely for the next 4 weeks, well done guys.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Out for a month "due to a foot injury he sustained in last Sunday’s match against Essendon at the MCG"......yeah sure.

FFS, I just wish the club would be fairer to Swanny and tell us the truth, that he's been carrying the injury most of the season and it has only got worse so he's now being rested, with the hope he'll be able to have an impact in September.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Defender wrote:
Makes one wonder why he wasn't given the time to recuperate sooner, another feather in our all conquering medical teams cap? As it sits now we've had an injured star for the last 6 weeks having minimal impact (by his standards) and now we're going to lose him completely for the next 4 weeks, well done guys.
confirmed that Swanny is carrying a heal and foot injury sits we've had an injured star for the last 6 weeks or so having minimal impact by his standards and we're going to lose him for the next 4 weeks well done guys?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Out for a month "due to a foot injury he sustained in last Sunday’s match against Essendon at the MCG"......yeah sure.

FFS, I just wish the club would be fairer to Swanny and tell us the truth, that he's been carrying the injury most of the season and it has only got worse so he's now being rested, with the hope he'll be able to have an impact in September.

Yep..

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: