Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Conspiracy confirmed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 pm
Post subject: Conspiracy confirmedReply with quote

I took some time out today to look over the draw and actually calculate exactly the effect of the draw on the pies.
We only play 3 games at the G on a Saturday prime time Rd5, Rd14, Rd23
We have 6 Sunday games rounds 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 all 6 in the second half of the season
And finally we have played 7 times on a 6 day break the equal most of any team
Now the big game at seasons end is played at 240pm on Saturday at the G
The AFL have made sure firstly our players have limited experience of playing on a Saturday secondly at a time when the sun is above there heads and finally they wouldn't be used to having a 7 day break if we made it.
Yes this is a concerted conspiracy to ensure we are at long odds to make the big dance and if we do we won't remember firstly how to get to the G secondly how to prepare for a 240pm bounce did finally what to do with the extra day off.
As DTM said earlier crowds are down at the AFL and is it any coincidence that we have been shafted by the draw especially as the season has progressed.
Supporters have voted with there feet and the club knows this and should be kicking the door down to make sure this doesn't occur again.
The word "Blockbuster" and "Collingwood" go hand in hand so why not just play us at the G on a Saturday at 240pm every time we play a Victorian club and let the ground be full and the coffers swelled.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Conspiracy confirmedReply with quote

The Rd23 game is a Friday night match.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

what a load of claptrap.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Well you could learn to write in English sentences, but then again if you are only going to write absurd nonsense like this, what would be the point?

PS: what makes you think our current mob have got any sensible chance of playing at the MCG on a Saturday in late September? Or playing in September at all, if we can't beat the Woggles this week in WA? Now there is a home ground advantage worth mentioning.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:10 pm

500 more free kicks over the past dozen years.

Since you asked.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:45 pm

I only got a three game membership this season, precisely because the fixture times of our games are shithouse, and don't suit me or my fam at all. I did vote with my feet, like tens of thousands of other footy fans. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 am

We play all bottom 5 teams only once. We only play one of the current bottom 7 teams twice. Carlton.

The Age had us having the 4th toughest draw at the start of the year (despite finishing 8th). It was calculated off 2013 ladder positions 6 day breaks + interstate trips etc.

I don't think it significantly affects our premiership chances cos if your the best you just win everything anyway. But it does affect your chances of scraping into the 8 or top 4.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 am

melliot wrote:
We play all bottom 5 teams only once. We only play one of the current bottom 7 teams twice. Carlton.

The Age had us having the 4th toughest draw at the start of the year (despite finishing 8th). It was calculated off 2013 ladder positions 6 day breaks + interstate trips etc.

I don't think it significantly affects our premiership chances cos if your the best you just win everything anyway. But it does affect your chances of scraping into the 8 or top 4.

Baffling fixturing given that Carlton finished above us last year*. Why the hell do Sydney get to play GWS twice after winning a premiership yet we only play them once after bombing out in week 1 of finals?

*By default due to the druggies.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

The fixture is made to maximize crowd drawing games first and create an illusion of fairness second.

That said the thought that there's a conspiracy against Collingwood who have managed to win a premiership quite recently must mean there is also one against Footscray, St Kilda and Melbourne who haven't been able to win much of anything in the last 50 years or more.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

That doesn't make sense, in fact it's a dirty big red herring. A team's success, or lack thereof, in the pre-AFL era has nought to do with the intentionally unfair fixturing that is being inflicted upon teams in 2014.

The Kangaroos experience the worst bias against them by the AFL IMO. They get stitched up by the umps even more often than we do. And their fixturing is horrible too. In our case the excuse is our drawing power, in theirs it is lack thereof. Opposite excuses, same result. Fixed.

Cats are in the four off the back of biased umpiring performances in a number of games this year, the most recent being against the Roos.

To me the last statement is not the least bit speculative, it is a very reasonable conclusion to draw after assessing the available evidence. I challenge anyone to watch the Cats Roos game again, or the Cats Blues game, and conclude that the better team won and the umpiring did not influence the result.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 am

Stupied wrote:
melliot wrote:

Baffling fixturing given that Carlton finished above us last year*. Why the hell do Sydney get to play GWS twice after winning a premiership yet we only play them once after bombing out in week 1 of finals?

*By default due to the druggies.

i guess it has something to do with the cross-town rivalry they are trying to build and also promotion of the game in nsw. in a few years time no one will want to be playing gws twice a year.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 am

And that is when we will be. Lock it in.

As of right now, we have played expansion clubs the least possible number of times and I'm pretty sure we are the only club that can boast that.

This is just the luck of the draw. Trying to use it as a piece of evidence to throw in with the 'home' games against Dogs at Etihad, the four consecutive Sunday games and the lopsided free kick counts is a fool's errand best left to the delusional.

This is why I rarely bother these days but I am happy to see more and more people losing their minds and being prepared to entertain the possibility that something is rotten.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:32 pm

I bet ya next year we won't be closing out the season with 5 sunday games in a row before our round 23 friday. AFL would be spewing with a 30k crowd on a sunday arvo for us.. sat midday same game probably = 50-60.. Don't get me started on the carlton game crowd.. they messed up this year
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

The Kangaroos experience the worst bias against them by the AFL IMO. They get stitched up by the umps even more often than we do. And their fixturing is horrible too. In our case the excuse is our drawing power, in theirs it is lack thereof. Opposite excuses, same result. Fixed.

Yeah but they deserve it.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Geek wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

Yeah but they deserve it.

took the words out of my mouth. damn them for not relocating to the gold coast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: