Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should we extend Bucks until 2020?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Buckley will survive and still coach next year but serious questions and a review needs to be conducted at the end of the season to determine where we're going with this team under him.

Our game plan hasn't improved whatsoever from last year despite the good signs early in the year and if we don't see any improvements next year it's hard to justify keeping him on from 2015 despite the fact that he's contracted until the end of 2016 which is probably premature in hindsight by the club but I can understand why they did it at the time though.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
flogs

Nathan, you really shouldn't come on and read these posts about yourself especially a few hours after another loss.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
I think Buckley will survive and still coach next year but serious questions and a review needs to be conducted at the end of the season to determine where we're going with this team under him.

Our game plan hasn't improved whatsoever from last year despite the good signs early in the year and if we don't see any improvements next year it's hard to justify keeping him on from 2015 despite the fact that he's contracted until the end of 2016 which is probably premature in hindsight by the club but I can understand why they did it at the time though.

I thought we were having a full review of everything including coaching staff & game plan after losing to Port in the elimination final last year. But every single one of the coaching staff survived the review & is still in place this season. Shows the review wasn't fair dinkum or the blame went 100% to the players, because they were the only one's who got the arse.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Let's be honest. Man for man we have the weakest coaching staff of any club - bar none. In what other club would Lappin get a gig? Harvey? Please, he was a good player but is a nuff nuff as a coach. Does Buckley have the ability to really develop players? I don't see it. All I see is a sharp decline in skills with players running around like headless chooks. That is because they are not given any direction for a game plan. They make it up as they go along, and if the coaches have NFI what hope have the players got?
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55 pm

And all I see is the same troll wearing out the same agendas

EAMBOD

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

At our Club the views of the fans don't matter. Who cares what we think. We have no say anymore. So lets stop going until these arrogant sods start listening. They don't deserve our loyalty or money. Our Club is run like a dysfunctional ALP faction. Funny about that. But Bucks is a decent human being and should not be held out as a scape goat here. He has got what it takes to win a flag. He just needs the players and support. I would not be replacing him.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:46 am

He will be coach in 2015 and deserves to be.

Next year if we don't show that there is a premiership coming by 2017, he's out quicker than the Brazilian national coach.

Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 am
Post subject: Hiss is almost thereReply with quote

I believe the goals Bucks has been pursuing for our players is the right one for prolonged success although he desperately needs a new forwards coach. The backline appears to be flavour of the month but when you consider the combined experience of the backline, Ben Hart is doing a great job building this group of Kids.

Lappin needs to go if for no other reason that he has done nothing to change our forward structure nor increase the skills of the players. Skinny is a good old boy that was unwanted at Carlton, and he has done nothing to prove his worth to Collingwood. He doesn't run screens to take advantage of the double plus teaming of Cloke, and White is so down on confidence and needs somebody that has to deal with size etc. and that is not a skinny hobbit. It's a pity Jolly couldn't be retained for mentoring our bigger players from an experience level.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Match won in coach's box.

Against a team higher than us on the ladder.

Players appeared committed to the coach and his game plan.

Selections proved masterful.

Many flogs proven wrong

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you the viewer a touch of reality - we've just fallen over the line against the side thats been in deplorable form as us and as a rule doesn't perform away from home anyway.
Buckley's selection and tactical nous had as much to do with this win as me bracing the elements and condemning myself to watered down piss just to support the boys.
It also does not override the post first bye debacle thats been our season.
As you were.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 am

I agree that the opposition, while above us on the ladder, is not in good form.

But there is no doubt that tactical nous provided the victory.

I am never going to get you to concede this but we were in no real danger of losing that game, even if the margin was small. It felt to me like the margin could have been 5-25 points and just happened to fall early in that range. We controlled the game. Armstrong comes into a tailor made role for his first game. You bitching whingers like to crap on about our woeful skills so he brings in 17 clean possessions with no fat. Keeffe gets a role he can sink his teeth into. Port made shit up because they couldn't do what they wanted to do and mostly thanks to Hartlett they made up some reasonable shit. But we looked way better and were coached better. We were well drilled and all playing together. The coach can coach

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am

Well, Robbo says the jury's in on Bucks: he can coach. Last week he wrote that the Pies are crap and not up to it. This week: Pies are still crap, but their coach is good which is why they might still make the finals. Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
flogs

Nathan, you really shouldn't come on and read these posts about yourself especially a few hours after another loss.

Nathan says hi

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 am

collie dog wrote:
Let's be honest. Man for man we have the weakest coaching staff of any club - bar none. In what other club would Lappin get a gig? Harvey? Please, he was a good player but is a nuff nuff as a coach. Does Buckley have the ability to really develop players? I don't see it. All I see is a sharp decline in skills with players running around like headless chooks. That is because they are not given any direction for a game plan. They make it up as they go along, and if the coaches have NFI what hope have the players got?

ironic it is that you, of all people, speak of people having nfi ... Rolling Eyes

we're sitting eighth in what many have described as a poor year. not unreasonably, i think we will be challenging for a flag within the next three years.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am

Well now, the "perceptive fellow" are back in their boxes, at least for one week thankfully. Let me see now, wasn't it the "perceptive fellow", several weeks ago, singing the praises of Ken Hinkley and his "brilliant " Port Adelaide on top of the Ladder ?? Well, Sacks, Bucks outcoached your man yesterday, got a gutsy win, with many senior guys out, against a nearly full strength Port. !

Egg on mooshes, eh Sad Sackers ?? LOL LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: