Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jarryd Blair's worth to the side

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing - He offers nothing to the Team.

Running and Chasing does nothing else

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 am

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:
Why don't you see Martin being a realistic option???

A realistic option that is different to what Blair brings to the team.

He's got the potential to bring more goals, better disposal by foot and a more athletic package able to rotate through the midfield when required (he's tagged for a reason at VFL level).

I'd say that's a start.

Exactly. Inky's bizarre set against this player who gets possessions, doesn't waste the ball, and kicks goals is downright weird. Inky claims he doesn't perform at AFL level, which is correct insofar as there is one glaring fault in Martin's AFL skillset - he can't get selected in the damn side.

Face it, Inky, he couldn't possibly be worse than most of the rabble we sent out against Essendon, and is virtually certain to be better than six or eight virtual no-shows, notably that serial offender Blair, who could have spent the afternoon cutting up oranges and done more good.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:
Why don't you see Martin being a realistic option???

A realistic option that is different to what Blair brings to the team.

But you're having doubts in regards to relevancy of Blair's role in the side and the current game so wouldn't Martin be exactly that?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 am

Have a look ať ballantyne
now that is a small forward!
Blair was Good in 2010 shocking ever since
his 2011 gf was hopeless
wake up to the reality of his worth
it is becoming almost pathetic to watch the support
he gets from Bucks and some nicksters
He brings nothing nothing and nothing!

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Reading between the lines of Bucks' post-match conference, I reckon Blair has been 'supported around effort' and Martin needs to show that he is willing to sacrifice his game for the good of the team.

Possibly Buckley sees Martin as selfish and wants to improve that aspect of his on-field character. Even if he is an improvement on Blair as a individual player, if his inclusion compromises the 'one-for-all-and-all-for-one' team ethos that the coach is trying to instigate, then I can understand him leaving him out.

Like many other things that are happening at the moment, it is short term pain for long term gain.

I predict that Martin comes in after the bye and plays well, prompting folks to say 'see we were right, why did it take that idiot Buckley so long to give him a game', not realising that Bucks always knew what he could do but got more out of him by setting the bar higher and prioritising team ethos over individual stats.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Martin probably wont be a good afl footballer
but we certainly know blair isnt oné

rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Got to be worth a shot Martin in Blair out
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 pm

I used to stick up for Blair, but like many right now, he ain't offering us much. Pressure acts alone aren't enough. He needs to kick goals, and he doesn't.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Our Forward line is a circus
blair is the midget clown who isnt even funny.
8. Laughs (goals) in 16 ringsides appearences (matches)
Is the tally so far

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Our Forward line is a circus
blair is the midget clown who isnt even funny.
8. Laughs (goals) in 16 ringsides appearences (matches)
Is the tally so far

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Rick wrote:
magirl wrote:
My sad observation on Nicks is that every year some player seems to be singled out to be the scapegoat for any perceived underperformance by the team. Seems that this year it is Blair.

This is very sad and I am sure that it is a lot less than encouraging to anyone even if a bit down on form.

Blair is far from the reason the team is not performing.

Give it a rest. I

I come here to support the team.

He isn't the only one under performing, but he's playing in a position where we actually have some coverage impressing in the VFL or wearing the green vest for 3 quarters.

In my opinion Blair is played out of position, I bet the kid has played all his junior footy as a rover, all of a sudden he's a crumbing forward.

For me, it's a problem with out match committee and development not being brave and saying 'ok, isn't not working, lets give Jarryd some midfield minutes and try Martin, or Broomhead or Kennedy as a forward'

Sadly the squad for any game is restricted to 22 and the midfield rotations to 4 at any given time. Slot Macaffer in there as a tagger and you still need to find room for Pendles, Beams, Swan, Ball, Sidebottom, Adams, Thomas, Kennedy etc to have their rotations... I agree, Blair probably did play most of his junior footy on-ball but he's being asked to play small forward. Either he stays or he goes, can't see him forcing any of the other mids out for anything more than a token rotation.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Joel wrote:
I used to stick up for Blair, but like many right now, he ain't offering us much. Pressure acts alone aren't enough. He needs to kick goals, and he doesn't.

I'm heading into this territory too now.

Was a big fan previously but even his pressure acts have dropped off, time for a spell, and it could be a long one.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Beast wrote:
woftam wrote:
looked at his stats during the last quarter & he had only 1 contested possession, 1 tackle & 0 1%er's
If that is a pass mark no wonder we are going down the gurgler.

Sorry to say this mate but we aren't going we are already there.
And will remain there for as long as our supporter base is appeased by players like Blair trying hard and thinks our selection panel's shit doesn't stink.

Supporter base appeasment has absolutely zero to do with it unless you're planning a coup to oust the board. People can say whatever they want on here or other forums and it makes zip, nada, zero difference. But you carry on deluding yourself that you can bring about change with innesant whining on a forum.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Beast wrote:
woftam wrote:
looked at his stats during the last quarter & he had only 1 contested possession, 1 tackle & 0 1%er's
If that is a pass mark no wonder we are going down the gurgler.

Sorry to say this mate but we aren't going we are already there.
And will remain there for as long as our supporter base is appeased by players like Blair trying hard and thinks our selection panel's shit doesn't stink.

Supporter base appeasment has absolutely zero to do with it unless you're planning a coup to oust the board. People can say whatever they want on here or other forums and it makes zip, nada, zero difference. But you carry on deluding yourself that you can bring about change with innesant whining on a forum.

Bucks: "I was reading Nick's today...what, you don't read it Laps? It's quality mate, have a look, always good for a laugh! But anyway, seems the good people on there have had a gutfull of poor Blairy so looks like it's back to the 2's for him."

"For who you ask? Well, it seems Martin and Broomhead are getting some love on there, why not use one of them? As long as the chaps on the forum are satisfied for another week we'll be right"
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:

Ah yes, the "Jack Spain" delusion Very Happy. If only supporters demanded more on bulletin boards across the internet, our team would be far more hungry and the coach would finally get the message and play that long list of stars we have in the VFL just waiting for a chance.

And the obsessing over Blair is just getting ridiculous. Sure he's no star player but nor have his performances been atrocious. We certainly could replace him with say, Kennedy. But is that what an already young team, struggling to run out games really needs? Martin's not much of an option as he really doesn't offer anything different.

I'd have little problem with Blair being dropped, as his performances have not been outstanding (Goldsack's in a similar boat). But, let's put it into perspective, he's playing forward pocket and replacing him wouldn't have a dramatic impact on our prospects.

Hiss is a piss extracting merchant I'm actually being serious.
Our powers that be recently have proven to be not much wiser than our typical fan, easily satisfied and not much chop bar sounding positive and sweet-talking.
And the sooner you realise most sides don't even have anyone playing Blair's role and even the ones that still have use far quicker and skillful players in it.
And while the Sack doesn't set the world on fire he gives us grunt and flexibility such as Bucks' hilarious move of sending Langdon forward and the Sack back. Blair doesn't even have these fairly questionably but still redeeming features nevertheless.

The forward pocket at Hawthorn is very similar to Blair. And we did have him in the side in 2010 (played both Blair and Goldsack in the GF). Has he dropped off that badly, or has the game changed?

I mostly agree with your points though. Blair's not setting the world on fire and if I were to drop a defensive forward (which I would), it would be Blair not the more flexible Goldsack. With Elliott returning I'd probably make the move. If it was Blair or Martin though? I'd stick with Blair. Kennedy or Blair? A tough one, because I really don't want to make the side any younger but do like Kennedy, Blair may just get the nod.

With a full list, Blair is not in my 22. With the injuries we've had, I don't think there's been an option available that screams inept selectioneering. His selection in any game this season has been far from indefensible.

Exactly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: