Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jarryd Blair's worth to the side

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

looked at his stats during the last quarter & he had only 1 contested possession, 1 tackle & 0 1%er's
If that is a pass mark no wonder we are going down the gurgler.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:16 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Blair's worth to the side? Sweet FA.

But doubtless his apologists will be telling us that we would have lost by 80 or 90 points if he weren't there...

BLAIR FOREVER!!!!!!!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Flashman wrote:
Great bloody swimmer. If those pampered smart arses who made up the swimming team at the 2012 Olympics had his dedication, professionalism and spirit then they may have lived up to their massive hype. But they didn't and they didn't.

A bit like our boys this year really.

Agreed, Yes we can digress under the circumstances today.
Don't start me on those dickheads and their college-fraternity prank door-knocking bullshit. Magnessun has to live with himself and his mate Silver for another two years, and we will see if he has the psychological fortitude to recover and claim Gold in 2016.
And leaving Emma Snowsill out of the womens triathalon was a disgrace too.
If only all our athletes had mental toughness and dedication of Sally Pearson, instead of Sam Stosur's fragility, then we might see some better results for our tax payer dollars.

Dyso
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm

I think the repeated average to poor performances of Blair must see him dropped. The team needs more.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:53 pm

My sad observation on Nicks is that every year some player seems to be singled out to be the scapegoat for any perceived underperformance by the team. Seems that this year it is Blair.

This is very sad and I am sure that it is a lot less than encouraging to anyone even if a bit down on form.

Blair is far from the reason the team is not performing.

Give it a rest. I

I come here to support the team.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:59 pm

magirl wrote:
My sad observation on Nicks is that every year some player seems to be singled out to be the scapegoat for any perceived underperformance by the team. Seems that this year it is Blair.

This is very sad and I am sure that it is a lot less than encouraging to anyone even if a bit down on form.

Blair is far from the reason the team is not performing.

Give it a rest. I

I come here to support the team.

He isn't the only one under performing, but he's playing in a position where we actually have some coverage impressing in the VFL or wearing the green vest for 3 quarters.

In my opinion Blair is played out of position, I bet the kid has played all his junior footy as a rover, all of a sudden he's a crumbing forward.

For me, it's a problem with out match committee and development not being brave and saying 'ok, isn't not working, lets give Jarryd some midfield minutes and try Martin, or Broomhead or Kennedy as a forward'

Last edited by Rick on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:01 pm

So are others who are having even less impact. Is it his height that makes his underperformance more vital than others?
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 pm

woftam wrote:
looked at his stats during the last quarter & he had only 1 contested possession, 1 tackle & 0 1%er's
If that is a pass mark no wonder we are going down the gurgler.

Sorry to say this mate but we aren't going we are already there.
And will remain there for as long as our supporter base is appeased by players like Blair trying hard and thinks our selection panel's shit doesn't stink.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:08 pm

magirl wrote:
So are others who are having even less impact. Is it his height that makes his underperformance more vital than others?

No darl, it's the fact that he has no redeeming features talent wise whatsoever. Some of our other players are prone to bad days and can have up and down games but they actually contribute in some meaningful ways every now and again. Blair does this once or twice a year.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Blair is a Collingwood immortal as a premiership player, but alas time to move on.

Too short to Mark and too slow to impact others. I feel that BK needs to replace Blair in the side as he can do what Blair does, but offers us leg speed, something we sadly lack.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:14 pm

magirl wrote:

Nope, its the fact that there are others who aren't injured and are making an impact in the VFL who play a similar role, but can hit the scoreboard and push up the ground or out to a wing.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Beast wrote:

And will remain there for as long as our supporter base is appeased by players like Blair trying hard and thinks our selection panel's shit doesn't stink.

Ah yes, the "Jack Spain" delusion Very Happy. If only supporters demanded more on bulletin boards across the internet, our team would be far more hungry and the coach would finally get the message and play that long list of stars we have in the VFL just waiting for a chance.

And the obsessing over Blair is just getting ridiculous. Sure he's no star player but nor have his performances been atrocious. We certainly could replace him with say, Kennedy. But is that what an already young team, struggling to run out games really needs? Martin's not much of an option as he really doesn't offer anything different.

I'd have little problem with Blair being dropped, as his performances have not been outstanding (Goldsack's in a similar boat). But, let's put it into perspective, he's playing forward pocket and replacing him wouldn't have a dramatic impact on our prospects.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Yes, I don't think Blair's been the problem (after all, we won a premiership with him in that position so it's hard to argue he's holding the side back), but the forward line obviously needs some new thinking and some class. I think Jarryd's been very solid, but he might have to make way so that we can experiment. Right now, we have lost the plot on 2014 so we might as well try things to understand how best to approach 2015. If that meant trying Martin for Blair for two or three weeks, I'd have no problem with it. I don't have great confidence it'll make any difference, but you never know til you try, and the confidence right now is not exactly throbbing.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:

Ah yes, the "Jack Spain" delusion Very Happy. If only supporters demanded more on bulletin boards across the internet, our team would be far more hungry and the coach would finally get the message and play that long list of stars we have in the VFL just waiting for a chance.

And the obsessing over Blair is just getting ridiculous. Sure he's no star player but nor have his performances been atrocious. We certainly could replace him with say, Kennedy. But is that what an already young team, struggling to run out games really needs? Martin's not much of an option as he really doesn't offer anything different.

I'd have little problem with Blair being dropped, as his performances have not been outstanding (Goldsack's in a similar boat). But, let's put it into perspective, he's playing forward pocket and replacing him wouldn't have a dramatic impact on our prospects.

Hiss is a piss extracting merchant I'm actually being serious.
Our powers that be recently have proven to be not much wiser than our typical fan, easily satisfied and not much chop bar sounding positive and sweet-talking.
And the sooner you realise most sides don't even have anyone playing Blair's role and even the ones that still have use far quicker and skillful players in it.
And while the Sack doesn't set the world on fire he gives us grunt and flexibility such as Bucks' hilarious move of sending Langdon forward and the Sack back. Blair doesn't even have these fairly questionably but still redeeming features nevertheless.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 pm

I hope we can make the deadline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: