Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 12 - Collingwood vs Richmond at Morwell Rec Reserve

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MB, sounds like Gault got involved.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:41 pm

jackcass wrote:
Thanks MB, sounds like Gault got involved.

He was reasonable, yes.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Martin tipped to be joining ceglar at hawthorn
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Big T wrote:

Dickhead
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Big T wrote:

I would Trade Martin for Ceglar

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:07 am

Thanks for the commentary MB! Outstanding job as usual!

Just wondering how did Grundy perform in this game and who were the standouts of this match! Anyone pushing for senior selection for next week's game against the Gold Coast?

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:56 am

Jezza wrote:

Just wondering how did Grundy perform in this game and who were the standouts of this match! Anyone pushing for senior selection for next week's game against the Gold Coast?

Cheers Jezza, your compliments are much appreciated. Smile

Glad I can be of service around these parts.

In answer to your questions, here are my player reviews...

4. Brodie Grundy
Bounced back from last week's towelling up at the hands of Tom Campbell and put in a much better performance. Probably broke even with Stephenson in the ruck, while Hampson's influence was limited when he went head-to-head with Grundy in the middle. Kicked two goals, which is fantastic in a primary ruckman taking the bulk of the ruck minutes. And, best of all, no stupid frees or 50s! Very Happy

This certainly wasn't a repeat of Wangaratta...

It will be interesting to see if Buckley opts to go tall next week, in which case Grundy comes into the senior side owing to a lack of big blokes. Which would deny us the opportunity to see Grundy kick Cameron Wood's arse, but you can't always get what you want... Wink

9. Martin Clarke
Had a run-with role on Tiger goal sneak Sam Lloyd. Did reasonably well and had a fair bit of ball himself, but conceded 2 goals. Wasn't a bad game, on balance, but he's in no danger of troubling the selectors any time soon. But then, you lot already knew that...

27. Tony Armstrong
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I didn't mind Armstrong's game today, not at all. Played across half back this time, a break from the previous few weeks as a small forward, and was left by the Tigers to pretty much do as he pleased. Still doesn't attack as often as he should and continues to give way too much space on his man, but he had a few moments when I thought to myself 'yes, more of that.'

Needs to back it up from hereon in, though, particularly with Broomhead and Sinclair back (or coming back) into the side...

29. Timothy Broomhead
HUGE game from The Sweeper. Gathered a heap of the footy and provided fantastic run down the wings and through the corridor. Certainly, he seemed intent on attacking a lot more. Some of his kicks just lacked that last pinch of polish going inside 50 (he missed Karnezis and Gault inside 50 a couple of times when he otherwise shouldn't of).

As I said during the call, he looks like a young man who has had a taste of senior footy and is hungry for a lot more. Kicked a goal at the end, after the siren, a nice little cherry on top of a good day's hard work. 2nd best on for mine, behind Martin.

Well and truly put his hand up.

31. Jackson Ramsay
First game for a fortnight. Collected a fair bit of the football across half back. Had Todd Banfield as his opponent. Banfield kicked 3 and collected a fair amount of the football himself, so I'm going to give the points in this little matchup to Banfield. Ramsay used the ball decently enough when he had it, though he was far from our most damaging user.

As I've alluded to before, I'm a fan of this kid, and I think he could eventually replace Sinclair as that quick rebounding small defender, especially if the club decides Williams' future lies in the midfield. Out of contract this year, so it will be interesting to see how the club has rated his progress and future scope for improvement...

33. Patrick Karnezis
Boy, did we need this kid back! First game in a month, and it did show at times. Dropped a couple of marks he really should have gobbled up. Only kicked the 1 goal, from a mark in the square in the opening term, but just having him back out there made our forward structure work so much better. Him and Gault made for an unlikely, yet somewhat effective, forward pairing despite returning just the 3 goals between them.

He'll need a few more weeks down at this level to make up lost ground with his fitness. If he's still at reserve level in a month's time, then a VFL forward line with him and Reid in it will be something to see!

37. Kyle Martin
Best on the ground in any rational assessment of the game. The Tigers, for some insane reason, allowed him to run free in the first, where he duly accumulated possessions, often in dangerous positions. Jackson was moved onto him at quarter time, but Richmond also rotated McGough onto him as well, doubtless to manage Jackson's game time. They needn't have bothered, because Kyle just continued to rack up touches at will. One stat that I saw said that he had 33 disposals to three quarter time! Shocked Very Happy

He's obviously been working on those much-talked about defensive deficiencies (diligently stayed defensive side of the stoppage, for instance). I hope Buckley is true to his word and is prepared to give him a run sometime before the finals. On today's performance, he is in contention for one...

38. Peter Yagmoor
Another good game from Yagmoor in defence. I really liked some of his defensive efforts (spoils, going back with the flight a couple of times) and his silky left boot helped settle us down at times when coming out of the back half. Again, if he keeps producing at this rate, he'll more likely than not secure a 3rd year on the rookie list.

44. Corey Gault
First game back from a snapped collarbone. Was rather good, I thought. Kicked two goals and took a couple of good marks, one of which was through some very good use of his body in the first quarter. Went back with the flight on one or two occasions, which is desirable in any key forward, but for one just coming back from a bone injury, was particularly commendable.

I am still not his highest rater, but I've also maintained that he deserves an uninterrupted run this year to prove himself and put his case for another year. Hopefully he can get a clean run for the rest of the year and prove me wrong. Another tall forward or two would be good!

46. Jonathan Marsh
Another player who bounced back from a shellacking last week. Turned in another decent game to go with a 6 week run of form, this time on Liam McBean who he kept to 1 goal, but for the love of God, can someone PLEASE teach him how to kick?! Watching him clear from defence, switching to the other side of the ground or even acting as a link in the chain is like watching someone play Russian roulette. The suicidal kind...

48. Caolan Mooney
Spent the bulk of his time in attack, although he did find a bit if the ball defensive side of the centre. Finished with 3 majors as he slipped back into more familiar territory as a secondary avenue to goal. Much better game, especially when compared to last week when he was played as a de facto key forward(!). His particular little sub-plot is one to watch in the run up to the off-season list management period....

From our VFL boys...

- Jack Hellier was just superb, in tight and in transition. Well and truly deserved his spot in the bests. Really hope he can get a shot on an AFL list somewhere...

- Lachie Ferguson was dynamite, especially after half time. Dekka, if you happen to have a spare rookie list spot lying around, give this bloke a look!

- Cal Matheson had pretty good game on debut as 23rd man. The official reports credit him with a goal that it seems I gave to Williams. Will happily stand corrected on that one...

- Nick Riddle battled valiantly all day, taking the resting ruckman in either Hampson or Stephenson, conceding upwards of 10cm on both. Gives his all, but could certainly use a recognised key defender to help out.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 am

Great report MagpieBat and much appreciated, thank you
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks for the player report, MB. Very much appreciated. Good to see Armstrong lifting.

Am pleased that Gault did OK coming back, because he was showing a bit as a forward target before his injury.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:41 am

Martin isn't listed in our best on the clubs website.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:43 am

Very appreciative of the reports, MB, and the game updates.

We now have a game and a slight percentage advantage over North Ballarat.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:04 am

Rick wrote:
Martin isn't listed in our best on the clubs website.

Since when has the club got the best players right? I don't know who selects the best, but wait until the stats come out in the player reviews. It again will show how bad they are at it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:11 am

matheson kicked a goal. was also lucky enough to get the powerade (now gatorade) shower.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Cheers Jezza, your compliments are much appreciated. Smile

Glad I can be of service around these parts.

In answer to your questions, here are my player reviews...

4. Brodie Grundy
Bounced back from last week's towelling up at the hands of Tom Campbell and put in a much better performance. Probably broke even with Stephenson in the ruck, while Hampson's influence was limited when he went head-to-head with Grundy in the middle. Kicked two goals, which is fantastic in a primary ruckman taking the bulk of the ruck minutes. And, best of all, no stupid frees or 50s! Very Happy

This certainly wasn't a repeat of Wangaratta...

It will be interesting to see if Buckley opts to go tall next week, in which case Grundy comes into the senior side owing to a lack of big blokes. Which would deny us the opportunity to see Grundy kick Cameron Wood's arse, but you can't always get what you want... Wink

9. Martin Clarke
Had a run-with role on Tiger goal sneak Sam Lloyd. Did reasonably well and had a fair bit of ball himself, but conceded 2 goals. Wasn't a bad game, on balance, but he's in no danger of troubling the selectors any time soon. But then, you lot already knew that...

27. Tony Armstrong
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I didn't mind Armstrong's game today, not at all. Played across half back this time, a break from the previous few weeks as a small forward, and was left by the Tigers to pretty much do as he pleased. Still doesn't attack as often as he should and continues to give way too much space on his man, but he had a few moments when I thought to myself 'yes, more of that.'

Needs to back it up from hereon in, though, particularly with Broomhead and Sinclair back (or coming back) into the side...

29. Timothy Broomhead
HUGE game from The Sweeper. Gathered a heap of the footy and provided fantastic run down the wings and through the corridor. Certainly, he seemed intent on attacking a lot more. Some of his kicks just lacked that last pinch of polish going inside 50 (he missed Karnezis and Gault inside 50 a couple of times when he otherwise shouldn't of).

As I said during the call, he looks like a young man who has had a taste of senior footy and is hungry for a lot more. Kicked a goal at the end, after the siren, a nice little cherry on top of a good day's hard work. 2nd best on for mine, behind Martin.

Well and truly put his hand up.

31. Jackson Ramsay
First game for a fortnight. Collected a fair bit of the football across half back. Had Todd Banfield as his opponent. Banfield kicked 3 and collected a fair amount of the football himself, so I'm going to give the points in this little matchup to Banfield. Ramsay used the ball decently enough when he had it, though he was far from our most damaging user.

As I've alluded to before, I'm a fan of this kid, and I think he could eventually replace Sinclair as that quick rebounding small defender, especially if the club decides Williams' future lies in the midfield. Out of contract this year, so it will be interesting to see how the club has rated his progress and future scope for improvement...

33. Patrick Karnezis
Boy, did we need this kid back! First game in a month, and it did show at times. Dropped a couple of marks he really should have gobbled up. Only kicked the 1 goal, from a mark in the square in the opening term, but just having him back out there made our forward structure work so much better. Him and Gault made for an unlikely, yet somewhat effective, forward pairing despite returning just the 3 goals between them.

He'll need a few more weeks down at this level to make up lost ground with his fitness. If he's still at reserve level in a month's time, then a VFL forward line with him and Reid in it will be something to see!

37. Kyle Martin
Best on the ground in any rational assessment of the game. The Tigers, for some insane reason, allowed him to run free in the first, where he duly accumulated possessions, often in dangerous positions. Jackson was moved onto him at quarter time, but Richmond also rotated McGough onto him as well, doubtless to manage Jackson's game time. They needn't have bothered, because Kyle just continued to rack up touches at will. One stat that I saw said that he had 33 disposals to three quarter time! Shocked Very Happy

He's obviously been working on those much-talked about defensive deficiencies (diligently stayed defensive side of the stoppage, for instance). I hope Buckley is true to his word and is prepared to give him a run sometime before the finals. On today's performance, he is in contention for one...

38. Peter Yagmoor
Another good game from Yagmoor in defence. I really liked some of his defensive efforts (spoils, going back with the flight a couple of times) and his silky left boot helped settle us down at times when coming out of the back half. Again, if he keeps producing at this rate, he'll more likely than not secure a 3rd year on the rookie list.

44. Corey Gault
First game back from a snapped collarbone. Was rather good, I thought. Kicked two goals and took a couple of good marks, one of which was through some very good use of his body in the first quarter. Went back with the flight on one or two occasions, which is desirable in any key forward, but for one just coming back from a bone injury, was particularly commendable.

I am still not his highest rater, but I've also maintained that he deserves an uninterrupted run this year to prove himself and put his case for another year. Hopefully he can get a clean run for the rest of the year and prove me wrong. Another tall forward or two would be good!

46. Jonathan Marsh
Another player who bounced back from a shellacking last week. Turned in another decent game to go with a 6 week run of form, this time on Liam McBean who he kept to 1 goal, but for the love of God, can someone PLEASE teach him how to kick?! Watching him clear from defence, switching to the other side of the ground or even acting as a link in the chain is like watching someone play Russian roulette. The suicidal kind...

48. Caolan Mooney
Spent the bulk of his time in attack, although he did find a bit if the ball defensive side of the centre. Finished with 3 majors as he slipped back into more familiar territory as a secondary avenue to goal. Much better game, especially when compared to last week when he was played as a de facto key forward(!). His particular little sub-plot is one to watch in the run up to the off-season list management period....

From our VFL boys...

- Jack Hellier was just superb, in tight and in transition. Well and truly deserved his spot in the bests. Really hope he can get a shot on an AFL list somewhere...

- Lachie Ferguson was dynamite, especially after half time. Dekka, if you happen to have a spare rookie list spot lying around, give this bloke a look!

- Cal Matheson had pretty good game on debut as 23rd man. The official reports credit him with a goal that it seems I gave to Williams. Will happily stand corrected on that one...

- Nick Riddle battled valiantly all day, taking the resting ruckman in either Hampson or Stephenson, conceding upwards of 10cm on both. Gives his all, but could certainly use a recognised key defender to help out.

Brilliant report MB!

Really pleased to hear Grundy had a much improved game after an ordinary performance against Footscray last week. Broomhead is going to be a very good player for the club but it will take time for him to transition smoothly from reserves football to senior football.

Karnezis is an x-factor for mine that could prove to be very handy for the team if he does get selected for the senior side in the near future as we're crying out for forwards at the moment as Cloke and Elliott are our only formidible forwards at the present time. One thing that has been noted about Karnezis this season is his need for greater endurance which seems to be lacking somewhat this year but granted he did have a delayed start to the year with OP.

Overall excellent report and good to see the Collingwood boys beat the Tigers. Now let's hope the senior side rounds out a good weekend with a win over the Scum! Twisted Evil

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Quote:
46. Jonathan Marsh
Another player who bounced back from a shellacking last week. Turned in another decent game to go with a 6 week run of form, this time on Liam McBean who he kept to 1 goal, but for the love of God, can someone PLEASE teach him how to kick?! Watching him clear from defence, switching to the other side of the ground or even acting as a link in the chain is like watching someone play Russian roulette. The suicidal kind..

Kicks bit like Frost Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: