Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MM future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 pm
Post subject: MM futureReply with quote

With a new CEO & president at carlscum I wonder if they will take a complete broom to the place.
Now carlscum are a complete basket case and at best are 5yrs away from being a finals contender. Will the board decide that a younger coach in the style of a Hinkley or Cameron would be best suited for the rebuild ?
We all know MM won't stand down he has Jock's record in his sights and that is all that is important to him not the long term interests of the club.
For mine they would be best served by sourcing the best young long term coach who is up with the modern game and has the ability to inspire young players not berate them.
Time will tell but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they only won 1 or 2 more games for the year the board would have no choice but to push him and make a clean start.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Very hard to imagine him sticking around for next year, unless of course they manage to miraculously turn their season around and make the finals.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:20 pm

The new pres has already come out and supported him, so you know it's just a matter of time.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Skinny Lappin?
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

He's set himself up perfectly. Run them into the ground this year, all he needs to do it make them look half average next year and a 2 year extension will be handed to him by mid season 2015.

Shifty old bastard. It's all about him.

Not that I'm complaining. One of the worst decision ever (and they have made some doozies) by that shitful club.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 pm

I wouldn't be so sure that he'd wanna go on after next year. Surely he sees now what a monumental task he has ahead of him. Does he have the genuine desire and patience to rebuild now that the spite of why he took the job on in the first place has probably worn off?

They had 10 1st rd draft picks playing in last weeks loss to GWS and they've lost to the bottom 4 teams on the ladder this year. They have a pretty tough run home too.

Most of their new recruits are average at best. There's not a lot coming through. He's at the bottom of a very deep blue hole.

The quicker he gets out of there the better and the closer we'll be to welcoming him back into our fold as a club legend. Although I can't see that happening whilst Ed and Bucks are at the helm. He'll do a KB.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:06 am

I've said it before. MM is like the tradie who says he can deliver on time and on budget and the minute works begins the price and schedule go out the window because there's all this extra work that needs to be done.

MM loves coaching more than anything else and he'll do anything to do it forever.

Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I heard a rumour the Lions will hire him next year to get the $10k back from the federal government for hiring a pensioner
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:54 pm

And good old Robbo has done his best to fire him up before the Collingwood game in today's paper
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Damien wrote:
And good old Robbo has done his best to fire him up before the Collingwood game in today's paper

If Carlton come out and offer up a limp dick performance tomorrow night then I'd say he's completely lost the players.

They're coming off an embarrassing loss, they've copped it from the media all week and they're coming up against their arch enemy with the added MM/Daisy factor thrown in, so you'd expect them to be ferocious.

If they're not up for this then something is seriously wrong.

Personally I hope they do come out angry only to be met by an angrier Collingwood who should be fired up as much if not more after our last fortnight.

It would be wonderful to flog them and see the blowtorch really applied to those bastards and that old mongrel.

Stuff 'em.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:29 pm

I reckon the old fart is now a dead man walking, its pagan mark two, and aint it grand to see. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: