Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ceglar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ceglar's much, if any, better right now. Certainly not enough to be able to to be anything but a marginal selection in a team that's ready to challenge. He wouldn't have made a difference to our team, and I think, would have been behind both Grundy and Witts.

Ceglar's shown a bit around the ground today but Witts and White are on top in the ruck. Most of his around the ground work has been easy hit up passes because of the space the Hawks are able to create.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Was let go on attitude apparently, nothing to do with ability.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Grow up. Its not a question of who gets a kick in this game. The question is which ruckman to build your team around.

Yes, and we disagree with you, and believe Ceglar was not given a chance and that the hawks are showing we were probably wrong.

Grundy I believe will be a 200 game champion for us, but he is a second year tall and second year blues get most players.

Witts is really polarising and I can't see the total faith shown in him, I think he is slow and struggles to read the play, and does not punish teams when forward, he is not a natural footballer at all.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:30 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Big T wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Big T wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Ceglar was our third best ruck, not a terrible decision to move him on. Might have been a handy backup though.

He was far far far far far better than Witts.

Nah, Witts is a better option than Ceglar.

I hope in the end he is. But I am sure for this season, where we have a genuine chance, Ceglar would be picked before Witts. This year. When we need him.

I don't think Ceglar's much, if any, better right now. Certainly not enough to be able to to be anything but a marginal selection in a team that's ready to challenge. He wouldn't have made a difference to our team, and I think, would have been behind both Grundy and Witts.

Ceglar's shown a bit around the ground today but Witts and White are on top in the ruck. Most of his around the ground work has been easy hit up passes because of the space the Hawks are able to create.

His game last week was far better than any game Witts has played in my opinion. We will see in a year or two anyway.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

Spilt milk.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
AN_Inkling 

Witts isn't slow, he's a giant. A giant will rely on his strength. Witts, as a young player, doesn't have enough of that yet but will get there. Right now, he's outplaying Ceglar as a tap ruckman, but not quite doing as much around the ground. Ceglar though does have an easier task of it as the Hawks are getting more free ball than we are.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Big T wrote:
Haha u know Mcevoy is fully fit and playing reserves right? Ceglar is keeping him out.

yeh, but as if Ceglar is going to be chosen ahead of Big Boy in the Finals, or even in the season runup. ? I don't think Hawks are that stupid, and Big Boy was originally injured, was he not ? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
When Ceglar was at Collingwood, he did nothing to justify a seconds game, let alone a senior one. He may have turned into a decent player but if he has, it has exactly nil to do with what he showed while on our list.

I disagree. I saw him on a few occasions in the 2's & I thought he showed a bit with all due respect. Could mark & kick but couldn't quite put it all together consistently. Needed persevering with as young Ruckman do.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Big T wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Grow up. Its not a question of who gets a kick in this game. The question is which ruckman to build your team around.

Yes, and we disagree with you, and believe Ceglar was not given a chance and that the hawks are showing we were probably wrong.

Grundy I believe will be a 200 game champion for us, but he is a second year tall and second year blues get most players.

Witts is really polarising and I can't see the total faith shown in him, I think he is slow and struggles to read the play, and does not punish teams when forward, he is not a natural footballer at all.

I don't understand why you replied to my post- it was a response to the dog's smart comment about Grundy.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Big T wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I don't understand why you replied to my post- it was a response to the dog's smart comment about Grundy.

U r assuming I read your post properly. A poor assumption.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:06 pm

We're winning the hit outs and clearances against a team who usually smashes us in the latter. A team that averages 9 goals from clearances only has 2. So, what exactly is Ceglar doing well? Getting beat by Witts and White for mine.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Ceglar may turn out to be as good as Guy Richards yet. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:09 pm

We haven't developed a competitive ruckman since Monkey. No surprise that Ceglar has improved at another club. Witts may become a player, but not yet and Grundy is years away.

MONCO: Your life.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Double.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Ceglar 11 disposals, 8 hit outs.

Witts 9 disposals, 17 hit outs.

White 9 disposals, 11 hit outs.

By my reckoning both of our rucks are outperforming Ceglar. We are winning both hit outs and clearances, and that's what rucks are there for. Ceglar's two extra disposals don't mean much in that context.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: