Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pirates Beware

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Now that Dave has posted a video with his face and name, I can dob him in to BSA and just wait for the $$$$ to roll in.

Sweet.

Well, Then I dob you in

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Now that Dave has posted a video with his face and name, I can dob him in to BSA and just wait for the $$$$ to roll in.

Sweet.

Well, Then I dob you in

Dave, if you read the fine print, they offer $5,000 for businesses who are infringing. As far as I know, you're a person, not a business, so chill bro.

It's all sweet.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Sweet.

Well, Then I dob you in

Dave, if you read the fine print, they offer $5,000 for businesses who are infringing. As far as I know, you're a person, not a business, so chill bro.

It's all sweet.

Okay - I was thinking you where Joking. I was not being Serious.

Though you be low to Dob someone one in though

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:43 am

https://torrentfreak.com/iinet-loses-dallas-buyers-club-piracy-case-150407/
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Massive scare campaign and once again the media will never let the truth get in the way of a good story. They (The Studio) are going after the uploaders not the downloaders which there are over a million of. All I can say is good luck in trying to get blood out of a stone. The plaintiffs will cry poor and that will be that. Win the battle but lose the war.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Massive scare campaign and once again the media will never let the truth get in the way of a good story. They (The Studio) are going after the uploaders not the downloaders which there are over a million of. All I can say is good luck in trying to get blood out of a stone. The plaintiffs will cry poor and that will be that. Win the battle but lose the war.

They're not going after the uploaders, this is where the media have no clue. They're going after 'seeders' which generally means people who while downloading the movie allow others to download from them. Anyone who uses torrent programs on default settings is seeding.

The uploaders, those who rip the file from source material and put it up on the torrent sites are usually very, very hard to find (took the UFC years to catch a 50 year old guy from the UK who used zero protection, just uploaded from his home PC). These 'seeders' are just going to be average Joe who happens to download things without a VPN so is easy to catch.

Ironically the Dallas Buyer Club is a movie about a maverick going outside the established markets to source goods that are otherwise unavailable.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Yep your right Wokko.

I just read that Industry finalises scheme to give alleged downloaders 'three strikes' before legal action. No Wonder every smart person has a VPN these days. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Well with Torrents you also upload(Seeding) so that is Technically uploading then.

They be suing for so much money it’s stupid. How are Pensioners and low-income Earners pay for stupid and way over the top Fines?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Double Post
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Well with Torrents you also upload(Seeding) so that is Technically uploading then.

They be suing for so much money it’s stupid. How are Pensioners and low-income Earners pay for stupid and way over the top Fines?
It will never get there DTM, they have been saying this since I was downloading on dialup at 9600kbs Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

It will never get there DTM, they have been saying this since I was downloading on dialup at 9600kbs Laughing

Well it seems 1st Time Ever Australia Government has is putting in laws like this.

MPAA and the US Government has Bribed and Pressured Brandt and Turnball to do what they want and they Folded real easy.

Quote:
The uploaders, those who rip the file from source material and put it up on the torrent sites are usually very, very hard to find (took the UFC years to catch a 50 year old guy from the UK who used zero protection, just uploaded from his home PC). These 'seeders' are just going to be average Joe who happens to download things without a VPN so is easy to catch.

They would have a ton of Security stuff like VPN and a seed box’s. So they be quiet hard to pin down and find.

The Casual person who Downloads Torrents would not know of Protection and be very very easy to find and Prosecute them.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:52 pm

I was told they have to go after the person who downloaded it, not the account holder.

Obviously I don't know if that's true or not.

With that said, unsecure your wireless network and plead ignorance.

You will be fined no more than $20.

pfft, big deal.

Last edited by Brenny on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Not sure why anyone would bother paying for a VPN for torrents until they receive there first warning letter.

If you are wanting to obscure your browsing habits then just use TOR.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Not sure why anyone would bother paying for a VPN for torrents until they receive there first warning letter.

If you are wanting to obscure your browsing habits then just use TOR.

Well - Some people will get VPN’s straight away but some less Paranoid people will wait to see IF they get a Warning Letter.

Well you can use a VPN thru Firefox as well to hide your Browser Habbits but they could still tell when you are downloading a Torrent sadly Crying or Very sad

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Remember too, our laws in Australia don't allow for american style letter like the yanks got, upwards of US$7000.

In Aus, they can only come after you for potential lost money on what they would have received, had you gone to the movies or something to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21   

Jump to: