Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Royal Commission into Trade Unions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Those things were going on at the exact same time, Stui. The massive ripoffs - vastly, vastly bigger and more and important than the (by comparison) trivial stuff you've wasted four pages on were right there in the headlines.

Well, probably not in the headlines of the garbage paper you read, but there for everyone elser to see. But you completely ignored them 'coz you'd rather bash piddly little unions.

Sorry knackers, I must have missed all the threads you made about these important issues Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:27 am

Get off your high horse. I barely posted anything at the time 'coz of time pressure keeping me off-line a lot. The point is, you have a daft obsession with this political trivia and a massive blind spot to the vastly larger, vastly worse behaviour of businesses and the Liberal Party government backing them and even removing what small safeguards we have against these scum. Why do you obsessively bash working people and utterly ignore the real problems?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 am

Tannin wrote:
It was her idea.

Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Tannin wrote:
Get off your high horse. I barely posted anything at the time 'coz of time pressure keeping me off-line a lot. The point is, you have a daft obsession with this political trivia and a massive blind spot to the vastly larger, vastly worse behaviour of businesses and the Liberal Party government backing them and even removing what small safeguards we have against these scum. Why do you obsessively bash working people and utterly ignore the real problems?

Simple, I don't do either of those things. It aint me with the blind spot. Smile

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Results are in

Quote:
A BOMBSHELL royal commission report recommends a string of charges against high-profile union officials.

Commissioner Dyson Heydons interim report, released on Friday, also demands investigations by corporate watchdog the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

And a secret part of the report, which deals with serious criminal matters, has been referred to a special police taskforce working alongside the commission.

That section was not released due to fears for the safety of witnesses.

The 1800-page report includes recommendations to charge officials from the CFMEU, HSU and the AWU.

The report also criticises former prime minister Julia Gillard for a conflict of interest when providing legal advice to her then boyfriend Bruce Wilson on how to set up a controversial union slush fund.

Quote:
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews, who has been criticised for his links with the CFMEU, said anyone involved in criminal behaviour should feel the full force of the law.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/royal-commission-interim-report-recommends-charges-against-cfmeu-awu-hsu-officials/story-fni0fit3-1227161747054

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Meanwhile, as you and your mate Rupert relentlessly bash the small fry, once again you determinedly ignore the big fish.

Today - yes, the very same day - senior Liberal Party heavyweight and Federal Assistant Treasurer in the Abbott Government Arthur Sinioinos is forced to resign in disgrace as one more of the many senior NSW Liberal Party ministers hauled up before ICAC (the NSW corruption commission). The charges hanging over Sinodinos the wake of the huge Sydney Water scandal are serious. We are talking a 20 million dollar payment to be extracted from the NSW taxpayer on top of huge illegal political "donations", also courtesy of the taxpayer, and Arfur was in charge of the company. Not just part of it, the Chairman, the Head Boy.

But carry on ignoring the big-time corruption on your own side and stick with your try-hard campaign to find a few small fry to distract attention from the real crooks. You know you want to.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:25 pm

FMD that response is so predictable it's not funny.

Scenario - throw a rock at a left sacred cow (eg Union)

Response - completely ignore all detail, throw rocks at a right wing target as deflection, claim moral high ground.
Rolling Eyes Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Stui, the whole RC was a bullshit exercise as well you know.

We need an RC into the Royal Commissioner.

This could have all been done through police & existing laws.

It actually confirms people's low Opinion of this government.

Unfortunately, the tragedies of the last week will only serve to improve the Mad Miners Misogynist Monks' vote. However the reality of his government with rising unemployment & lower Aussie dollar, rising utility bills, rising cost of living with reduced wage growth etc will keep him where he belongs.

The Royal Commissioner of handpicked conservative fame has belittled his own RC by doing & saying nothing on Cathy Jackson.

This will serve to unify the Union movement. The Libs in power invariably play a role in galvanising the Union movement & as usual they go too far.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

And I'll keep on with it every time for as long as it takes for you to learn to see even a tiny bit of the very serious corruption which is rife at the big end of town and stop obsessing about relatively minor, often trivial, items which happen to involve your pet hate, working people and the unions which protect and work for them.

Given your track record of massive blindness to business and Liberal Party corruption, which is rife, and which generally hurts all Australians who pay tax, and of inflated hyper-sensitivity to the (by comparison) very rare examples of union corruption, which in any case seldom harms the public purse, Hell will be a cold place before that happens, but I live in hope.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 pm

This is one of those discussions where the same organisational dynamics apply to sponsors of both sides of politics.

I hate grubby, intransparent, interfering organisations of all kinds myself, which can include companies, churches, lobby groups, unions, NGOs, political parties, and so forth.

Stui's obsession with unions is legendary. I don't doubt he's right on the operational menaces of unions, but he has never said what he thinks that means in the bigger picture. I am yet to hear him answer the "so what?" question.

The checks and balances approach says unions are needed; what is more, they're by far the less powerful of the organisational menaces out there, so they're essential counterweights, like them or not.

To think unions are not needed to modulate the arbitrary interference of capital in democracy is the equivalent of thinking commercial organisations are not needed to produce wealth. Both views are nonsense.

So what does this report recommend? Does it provide suggestions for the running of better unions? If it has nothing serious to contribute on that score it is a waste of time and a stunt.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:55 pm

^ Agree with this. Unlike some, I'm quite happy that this royal commission was called and that it's been successful in exposing corruption. Yes, it's a partisan political exercise, and yes, it's a distraction from the far more extensive crooked dealings of (and between) big business and government, but some progress is better than none. If this commission puts the fear of god into a few union thugs and their lackeys, who's complaining?

I support the historical and ongoing existence of unions. That's why I welcome this royal commissionit's a rare opportunity for reform.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 am

Tannin wrote:
And I'll keep on with it every time for as long as it takes for you to learn to see even a tiny bit of the very serious corruption which is rife at the big end of town and stop obsessing about relatively minor, often trivial, items which happen to involve your pet hate, working people and the unions which protect and work for them.

If you genuinely believe that, then you are a *&%%^&(*^$ beyond redemption.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: