Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Royal Commission into Trade Unions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Not having that argument about Gina specifically or mining in general other than to say that the government of the day makes the laws and people buy stuff according to those laws, individual philosophical bent not withstanding.

Some people buy things according to those laws. Other people just don't have to - because their mates gift things to them. The gifting part is the most significant role of government in a capitalist robber-baron "democracy" of the kind we suffer from.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:53 pm

repeat, not having that argument.

Unless you have some objective facts you want to put up to ask me my comment on (for all that would be worth).

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm

I sat on norm gala gars knee at a Christmas party once. I was too scared not too, gees he's a fat bastard
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Isn't it amazing the Unions are on trial that cannot defend themselves whilst greedy Grocon who failed in their duty of care simply get away with killing innocent people when a wall collapses on them. No royal commission into the Commonwealth Bank yet they are allowed to have an internal investigation.

Stui, we have two sets of rules being applied.

Quite possibly we do. I'm not arguing that the royal commission isn't a set up, but I find it actually funny that no one is trying to say that the allegations against unions would be wrong or trumped up, the first line of defence is to argue why aren't others being reviewed too.

Stui, the way the RC has been set up prosecuted is that the allegers can't be challenged at the time the allegations are made. The RC determines when the so called cross examination or rebuttal can take place. Hence the lack of defence so to speak. In other words the moment is lost basically so the media can have a free for all & amplify accusations as though they are fact.

The other part of the equation here is, so what? So some unionists swear, so some union officials made threats.

Tell me about the workers who are cheated on by employers & have little recourse to use the system that is stacked against them. Most employers & most workers do get on & I suppose do the right thing but a hell of a lot don't. Try calling what used to be called "Jobwatch" just for starters.

Remember the police looked at a lot of this (allegations against unions) in Vic & said nothing to be found here, move on.

The RC is wasting a lot of money that could be funding more teachers in schools & more nurses in hospitals, more NGO's to provide services. Instead through both Federal & State the reverse is occurring. While off thread what is happening to services for the mentally ill in the community & non community sectors is a f*cking disgrace due the phoney "Budget Emergency" we don't have. If I were a Liberal voter I would be deeply ashamed of what they are doing to the less fortunate now.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
If I were a Liberal voter I would be deeply ashamed of what they are doing to the less fortunate now.

Most of the right wingers I have known dont do compassion very well mate, if at all. They are either all de- senthesised or they minimise/deny any empathy towards the less fortunate. It is very difficult to break this "blame the victim" type of thinking they carry on with, sometimes over generations. As a Social Worker dealing with a few of these folk in country Victoria over a 35 year period, the REALLY scary bit is that not much ever changes in right wing thinking, although these people come and go out of situations requiring empathy or compassion for the less fortunate among us. Its a crazy, cacoon type of thinking where they put their needs and themselves first over any others, sometimes even family members. Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Isn't it amazing the Unions are on trial that cannot defend themselves whilst greedy Grocon who failed in their duty of care simply get away with killing innocent people when a wall collapses on them. No royal commission into the Commonwealth Bank yet they are allowed to have an internal investigation.

Stui, we have two sets of rules being applied.

Quite possibly we do. I'm not arguing that the royal commission isn't a set up, but I find it actually funny that no one is trying to say that the allegations against unions would be wrong or trumped up, the first line of defence is to argue why aren't others being reviewed too.

Stui, the way the RC has been set up prosecuted is that the allegers can't be challenged at the time the allegations are made. The RC determines when the so called cross examination or rebuttal can take place. Hence the lack of defence so to speak. In other words the moment is lost basically so the media can have a free for all & amplify accusations as though they are fact.

The other part of the equation here is, so what? So some unionists swear, so some union officials made threats.

Tell me about the workers who are cheated on by employers & have little recourse to use the system that is stacked against them. Most employers & most workers do get on & I suppose do the right thing but a hell of a lot don't. Try calling what used to be called "Jobwatch" just for starters.

Remember the police looked at a lot of this (allegations against unions) in Vic & said nothing to be found here, move on.

The RC is wasting a lot of money that could be funding more teachers in schools & more nurses in hospitals, more NGO's to provide services. Instead through both Federal & State the reverse is occurring. While off thread what is happening to services for the mentally ill in the community & non community sectors is a f*cking disgrace due the phoney "Budget Emergency" we don't have. If I were a Liberal voter I would be deeply ashamed of what they are doing to the less fortunate now.

Mate, I'll take you back to what I said on page 1 of this thread.

stui magpie wrote:
Tannin old son, it's not about taxpayers dollars. It's about credibility and integrity.

Unions are very largely unregulated, unlike business. They have a direct pipe into a political party and a guaranteed part of the vote and the preselection process, unlike business.

With union membership at a very low percentage of the total workforce, surely it's important that these elected officials of the working person are held to account for acting responsibly.
Lets just hope that here is an opportunity that is taken, to clean out the cancerous scum that infect the union movement (in pockets, not in whole) and have the whole be able to stand up again with credibility and integrity.

How many Labor people went down with Sydney Water? That's not a great argument about party lines, that's just proof that NSW politicians are the best money can buy.

Which part of that do you really disagree with? Do you actually believe that weeding out some of the bottom feeding scum that populate the union movement wouldn't be a good thing overall for the unions credibility?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 pm

I have watched you, these past few weeks, walk past and totally ignore vastly, massively, hugely bigger scams and ripoffs and corruption elsewhere - hundreds of millions of dollars from the Superannuation "advice" scam alone. Workers' dollars. Ordinary hard-working Australians. Life savings. Stolen. Stony broke, just like that.

Your response. Nil, nothing, nada. Utter silence at this corrupt ripoff which is 100 times bigger and 100 times worse. Absolutely no comment. Nope, you have to return to this inconsequential thread like dog to its own vomit and rake over piddling little stuff 'coz it suits your purpose, which is to bash ordinary working Australians and ignore completely vastly, massively more important scams which affect way more people, and cost them their entire life savings.

Meanwhile, your corrupt Liberal Party friends have got together with your Palmer United heros not just to sweep this vastly more important scam under the carpet, not only to refuse all calls for a Royal Commission into the financial advice industry, but - unbelievably - to scrap most of the safeguards and once again declare open season on the ordinary saver looking to have something to spend for his retirement.

Absolutely no comment from you. Nope, you have to keep dredging up piddly little bullshit details and frantically ignoring the real issues.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Really. OK I will ignore that.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Tannin wrote:
I have watched you, these past few weeks, walk past and totally ignore vastly, massively, hugely bigger scams and ripoffs and corruption elsewhere - hundreds of millions of dollars from the Superannuation "advice" scam alone. Workers' dollars. Ordinary hard-working Australians. Life savings. Stolen. Stony broke, just like that.

Your response. Nil, nothing, nada. Utter silence at this corrupt ripoff which is 100 times bigger and 100 times worse. Absolutely no comment. Nope, you have to return to this inconsequential thread like dog to its own vomit and rake over piddling little stuff 'coz it suits your purpose, which is to bash ordinary working Australians and ignore completely vastly, massively more important scams which affect way more people, and cost them their entire life savings.

Meanwhile, your corrupt Liberal Party friends have got together with your Palmer United heros not just to sweep this vastly more important scam under the carpet, not only to refuse all calls for a Royal Commission into the financial advice industry, but - unbelievably - to scrap most of the safeguards and once again declare open season on the ordinary saver looking to have something to spend for his retirement.

Absolutely no comment from you. Nope, you have to keep dredging up piddly little bullshit details and frantically ignoring the real issues.

Actually knackers, if you learn to read date stamps on posts, you'll see I came back here because WPT quoted me today.

As far as all the other stuff I've supposedly walked past silently not caring........ Rolling Eyes I don't spend my waking life trolling through the internet seeking stuff to be outraged by. If you're so concerned by all these massive ripoffs you refer to, where are your threads about them?

2 weeks between posts in this thread by me, both in direct response to people asking me questions. But that's just clear evidence of my blinkered vision.

Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Everything I own is in Viccy Park.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Those things were going on at the exact same time, Stui. The massive ripoffs - vastly, vastly bigger and more and important than the (by comparison) trivial stuff you've wasted four pages on were right there in the headlines.

Well, probably not in the headlines of the garbage paper you read, but there for everyone elser to see. But you completely ignored them 'coz you'd rather bash piddly little unions.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:03 pm

But if you want to blame WPT for everything, I'm cool with that.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Tannin wrote:
But if you want to blame WPT for everything, I'm cool with that.

You been talkin' to Mrs WPT again?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 pm

It was her idea.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:33 pm

Union Jack is pretty good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: