Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Royal Commission into Trade Unions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

All?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Tannin old son, it's not about taxpayers dollars. It's about credibility and integrity.

A few points me old son Razz

Evidence or heresy provided by Blewett amongst others related to matters that occurred more than 20 years ago. Fine.

He's a heretic, burn him.

Quote:

Too much Terry McCrann & is bad for your health Wink Razz

Didn't realise Terry McCrann worked for the Aged. Razz

HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:55 pm

What's your favourite movie?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:04 pm

The Police corruption ones may have been payback (I truly don't know), but they were entirely necessary. Probably should be held every 20 years or so to remind the bent coppers they need to stay clean.
CP 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Tannin wrote:
Taxpayer dollars, Stui, it's about taxpayer dollars. The HSU guys stole how many taxpayer dollars? Ans: zero. There are multiple millions of dollars stolen every month by dodgy businesmen, multiple millions ripped out of shareholders' pockets with frauds of all kinds. Fraud on shareholders is a vastly, vastly bigger problem, but I never hear Abbott and his goons say a word about it, just as you never say a word about it. This Royal Commission is nothing more than a try-hard fishing expedition set up by Abbott (a) to try to find some dirt on his opponents somehow, and more importantly (b) to distract your attention away from the real issues that impact on real people, in particular Abbott's vindictive and dreadful budget disaster. Throw in Abbott's disgraceful cutbacks to the already under-funded ASIC department which is the body responsible for detecting and prosecuting fraud by businessmen on shareholders.

Taxpayer dollars, Stui, it's about taxpayer dollars. The HSU guys stole how many taxpayer dollars? Ans: zero.

Compare with the massive frauds the Liberal Party leadership has been caught red-handed at: start with Liberal icon and Assistant Treasurer Sinodinos taking $200,000 of NSW taxpayer money for 35 hours "work" trying to get hold of a cool $20,000,000 "bonus" for using his influence to have Sydney Water flogged off to his dodgy mates. Then look at the terrible record of fraud on the taxpayer by Liberal politicians - including Abbott himself - putting down as "expenses" big-dollar trips to look at your investment property in Cairns, attend Rinehart's India function, sell your book, compete in fun runs, amass a huge private library, and so on and on and on.

My God. What an insulting post. You're not even trying to hide your attempt at subverting the discussion!

If you believe what you wrote, Tannin, in the context of Stui's original post, then I hold grave fears for your mental well-being.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 pm

^

You get used to that. Confirmation bias is a biatch.

Anyway, looks like the victorian chapter of the Come &%%& My Employer Up (CFMEU) will be coming under the microscope. Again. Prepare for fun, smoke, mirrors etc. pack of thucking fugs IMO.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/revealed-new-union-corruption-20140702-3b92x.html

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

So we have a Royal Commission into Union corruption involving $10,000's and every half arsed accusation treated as though it's been passed down as if it's the Gospel from but not sniff of a Royal Commission into WTF the Commonwealth Banks has been doing systematically for the last decade involving Millions of $$$ (possibly Billions) taken illegally from ordinary Australians.
Not only is no chance of even an enquiry let alone a Commission Royal by this Gumnet who instead make WTF they having been doing not exactly legal certainly harder to prove.
These thefts are destroying peoples lives and basically telling the world that this country is open for corruption!
They are making an 8 hour training course the minimum requirement for being officially accredited as a Financial Adviser.

This Government has it's priorities seriously £$%$ed UP.

50 million is too much to save the car industry and the 10,000's of workers incomes (& the technological benefits that go along with building cars.
Every car maker in the world subsidises it's auto industry but we apparently have to stand on our own.
.... but $500,000,000 isn't to much to help subsidise the Catholic church to put a pastor in every school!

Who said policy had to make sense?

Like I said... This Government has it's Priorities seriously FLICKEDUP!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

double post (the wind is whipping my telephone line all over the roof) so I fill it wuth somethonk...

the union bashing and hysterical shrieking by some posters is getting so lame I feel like taking up a shovel and putting it out of it's misery.
CP 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:24 pm

3.14159 wrote:

They are making an 8 hour training course the minimum requirement for being officially accredited as a Financial Adviser.

Is this actually true?

Doesn't seem like it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

3.14159 wrote:
double post (the wind is whipping my telephone line all over the roof) so I fill it wuth somethonk...

the union bashing and hysterical shrieking by some posters is getting so lame I feel like taking up a shovel and putting it out of it's misery.

Ah well, the only hysterical shrieking I've seen here hasn't been about unions, but whatever ya perceives is the truth.

Grab a bag of lime while you're there mate. Wink

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 pm

My point exactly^^^
How about we have a royal commission into corruption where-ever it is.

and yes CP, it is true.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Unions purport to be valiant defenders of the working class, but in my considerable experience they are in reality mostly rent-seeking organisations seeking to advance the sectional interests of of privileged actors at the expense of the wider community.

However, it seems clear to me that RCs are themselves a kind of corruption, orchestrated by governments in the hope that they will smear their opponents. Abbott being one of the most partisan and sleazy prime ministers ever, it was inevitable that he'd abuse this privilege to attack thr Labour party.

In general, there shoild be a place for a sovereign inquiry into issues, but I suspect it should be instigated by an anti-corruption ombudsman after reference to a suitable court.

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:30 am

This is only a Royal Commission only by name. By Practice this is just a smear campaign based on here-say with no actual evidence. No cross examination is allowed. Nothing will come from it like the last one run by Howard.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:02 pm

This Royal Farce (with the connivance of the media) is all about trashing reputations.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-07/cfmeu-accuses-royal-commission-of-leaking-evidence-to-media/5579086

Mugwamp...
The present gumnut is pretending to care about working families by holding this farce...
It's a shame they don't have the same concerns about what the Banks are doing with honest workers savings. Rolling Eyes
HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:04 pm

What does "this" refer to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: