Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not only is he a spud footballer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Been good all year at doing what he's supposed to do; win the pill.
I still have my heart in my mouth when he has time and space to think about his kick though.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Yes by golly, lots of eggs on mooshes around here now, taylor adams is a future star, lock it in. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:09 am

^^^ There's the problem with many Collingwood supporters in a nutshell. Who knows whether he's a future star or not, yet? The mentality that players are either hopeless or embraced as champions seems to stop supporters seeing and thinking straight. A bit of balanced appraisal goes a long way. One need neither put the boot in nor award laurel wreaths after players take their first baby steps in the senior side.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:30 am

like every club..we have allot of "fan's" (i am not sure many of them are even fans, i have a feeling they come on here from other club boards to make some trouble) who are reactionary ...they get caught up in the moment of us losing a match and they decided they want to blame someone 'Anyone' for ruining their day. These same 'fans' never come back and say "I was wrong'. I have always been fairly steadfast this season was never going to hit any massive heights for our club...that is fine....but i like the way the club is heading and i like the list we are building...we lose a match....we play badly.....a few people on here have to remember...this is only a game....and the sun will still come up tomorrow....and we always have next week. lol
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Reactionary/extremist fans are present in every fan-base. Not every young kid needs to be locked in under the categories of 'future star' or 'dud' and not all opinions on those players need to be set in stone after a good/bad game.

That being said, I've been a big fan of Adams since his GWS days and feel we do have what will be a very good player on our hands here. He has areas of his game he needs to work on but so do most players his age.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:21 pm

King Malta wrote:
Reactionary/extremist fans are present in every fan-base. Not every young kid needs to be locked in under the categories of 'future star' or 'dud' and not all opinions on those players need to be set in stone after a good/bad game.

That being said, I've been a big fan of Adams since his GWS days and feel we do have what will be a very good player on our hands here. He has areas of his game he needs to work on but so do most players his age.

Yes, last season a cocky Hawks fan said to me "WE are just taking it one premiership at a time ", then gulped down his beer in satisfaction. Yes,it was arrogance for sure, but then again, those bastards can be arrogant right up to now, they have been spoonfed flags, its all they know, so who can blame em?? All clubs have over optimists, hopeful ones -me-and the "perceptive fellow" negative types, we are not the only club,tho going by what I just said above, I don't think the hawks have too many "perceptive fellow" fans, far from it. ! Rolling Eyes Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

^^^ Presumably, there are at least some Hawthorn fans that aren't so deluded. "One premiership at a time"? Since the fall of the players from their greatest era, they've won 2 flags. It's all ancient history. They just happen to be near the top of the pile at the moment.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Hehehe....

Class knows class, eh?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 am

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Seems the mods have deleted all the posts I've highlighted. Not sure why?

ask the forum dictator.

they would have got more air time if you had have posted them in the "perceptive fellow" vs dumb sacks thread.

You probably need to start posting in the Other site RudeBoy; you know the one. Just in case you don't know it, it's listed in the Nick's graveyard section where hardly anybody goes and I guarantee that anything posted there will be looked upon very favourably indeed. The Mods will be so grateful for any interest in their awful, flaccid idea, that the usual petty censorship will be put aside.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 am

mudlark wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
New postPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 pm Report this post to the moderators
Beams obviously having a rest like Goldy. Go Timmy Broomhead. Take your chance son!
_________________THIS!!!! Is the reason!!! THESE,the selectors,are where to lay the blame .Nice easy game EH??? Let's rest everyone.The committee are the SPUDS Twisted Evil

So a flippant throw away line is concrete proof that the club "rested" players... clearly Burnsy incognito...

An appropriate name for you sunshine.I'm Mudlark,have always Mudlark and always will be Mudlark.Unlike yourself,I don't need to hide behind anyone else's monica. Capisce!!!

Wait a minute...So Jackass is Chandler?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: