Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Iraq in ruins

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Racist, and your the educated one, please tell me how being against Islam (not a race, a religion) is racist, perhaps your uni dollars haven't been quite so well spent, idiot.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Fixed.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 pm

But Xenophobia is the irrational or unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. I am not afraid of Islam, I hate Islam, I don't find it foreign or strange, just hurtful and nasty. Perhaps bigot is the word you are looking for, and idiot may be a bit harsh, I have just trumped a great learned university educated know it all, and all with my year 10 half year pass.
David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 pm

You may have intelligence and life experience in other areas, but I'm sorry, when it comes to this topic I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. Your views on Islam are stupid and uneducated and it's about time someone told you so.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:00 pm

That could be considered an insult in some cultures.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:03 pm

And Hal nails it. Well done tin tights.
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Well that's okay. Sorry, I forgot what "what" was.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Islam is indeed a violent and hateful religion, built on conquest and violent conversion. Without a central authority or reformation, Islam is also a splintered, tribalistic ethos and this leads often to violence. Luckily, the Muslims in our neighbourhood are relatively peaceful Indonesians, but even this moderate form of Islam gave rise to a horrendous massacre of civilians in Bali.

Islam is also a far more literalist religion. The tiny minority of cranks in the Christian faith who espouse total Biblical literalism are the vast majority amongst those active in Islam. The Quran is sacred and cannot be changed or interpreted. Remembering that...

Quran (8:55) - Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve

Quran (48:29) - Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves

Quran (9:30) - And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah... Allah (Himself) fights against them. How perverse are they!

Quran (8:12) - I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them

Quran (9:123) - O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness

Quran (5:33) - The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement

Luckily, the Muslim world IS modernizing and those who are culturally Muslim but do not actively follow the 'faith' are increasing in numbers, however apostasy (leaving the religion) is deemed punishable by death, so those who want to leave have intense pressure not to do so from family, community and religious establishment.

I don't feel there should be any imposition on those who criticize a barbaric primitive religion, nor criticize the adherents of it. Just as we condemn the Westboro Baptist Church, so we should condemn Islam, and so more would but for fear of reprisals and violence against them, both from Islam itself and the ever tolerant Left of politics that screams 'Racist!' if the target of criticism isn't a white, religious, conservative.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm tipping that growing up in and around the western suburbs of Melbourne, has taught me more about Islam than anything you've read. Having lived among, worked with and encountered many Muslims over my 47 years, coupled with hours of reading, and using my own eyes, I reckon I have a pretty fair idea of who and what Islam is.

Don't confuse my hatred of Islam with a hatred of the people who follow it, I don't hate any person, but I certainly do hate their behaviors and some of their beliefs. That hatred isn't just for Islam, it is also for false or fake Christianity or any other religion or way of life that does these terrible things.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:11 pm

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
I'm tipping that growing up in and around the western suburbs of Melbourne, has taught me more about Islam than anything you've read. Having lived among, worked with and encountered many Muslims over my 47 years, coupled with hours of reading, and using my own eyes, I reckon I have a pretty fair idea of who and what Islam is.

Don't confuse my hatred of Islam with a hatred of the people who follow it, I don't hate any person, but I certainly do hate their behaviors and some of their beliefs. That hatred isn't just for Islam, it is also for false or fake Christianity or any other religion or way of life that does these terrible things.

But why won't you extend the same charity when talking about "false or fake" Islam—like, for instance, the crazed ISIS group that prompted this thread (that even hardline Muslim fundamentalists have denounced as lunatics)? And you can't play the "love the people, hate the religion" card when you just wrote a page ago that "they" (Q: who? A: Muslims) "love this stuff"—i.e. killing and being killed by fellow Muslims. What would your former work colleagues and neighbours think of that assertion?

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 pm

If it sits easier with you, and probably explains my position better, swap Muslims for Islamists perhaps.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
But Xenophobia is the irrational or unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. I am not afraid of Islam ..... I don't find it foreign or strange, just hurtful and nasty.

Bingo! I agree entirely. It's a truly horrible religion, hurtful, nasty, relentlessly opposed to freedom and human happiness; rife with ignorance and vicious hate.

(David, before you tee off on me as a racist or something similar, remember that I would make more-or-less exactly the same comment about Catholicism. Or several of the nastier brands of Protestantism. Religion is supposed to uplift people and make them better, kinder, and more worthy. This is the benefit for which we sacrifice knowledge and reason: it's a trade-off. Sadly, all too often, when we sacrifice our ability to reason and bow down before the god delusion, we become less kind (not more), and less worthy (not more), and altogether hateful.)

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm

So, nothing to say about this post? Fair cop?

Pa Marmo wrote:
It's nobody's fault the Muslims are killing the Muslims, it's what they do, it's what they have always done, and what they will continue to do, they love this stuff.

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:53 pm

[quotePa Marmo]It's nobody's fault the Muslims killing the Muslims it's what they do it's what they did and what they has been do they love this stuff are killing the Muslims it's what they do it's what they haveing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17   

Jump to: