Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players issued with show cause notices

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm so far over this whole thing... I say give them a 3 month ban slap on the wrist, and let the game go on without ever mentioning this again.

Hird on the other hand, as the instigator... I'd like to see him sacked.

Jobe and his Brownlow... I've got no opinion on anymore.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 am

I don't understand why the Essendon players have so much sympathy. I think it's denial that athletes in 'our' sport could have continuously cheated just like cyclists, sprinters, swimmers and others.

If you look at the history of serious doping charges the athletes, their representatives and their fans regularly go into denial and spend huge amounts of effort on legal challenges and PR spin before accepting the sanctions they most often deserve.

I hate cheating and the price of a clean and fair footy comp is for these players to be banned for a lengthy period just like other athletes. It's a tough policy, strict liability, but without it doping rules were absolutely useless as every athlete blamed the unfair advantages they got on their doctor, mother, other athlete or aliens.

If the AFL let these players off with a ban that falls almost completely over the pre season and includes ridiculous backdating and wink wink deals I will be appalled. The rumours are rife that they'll miss a few games. Similar to someone elbowing a player high. This has been planned, systematic, long term doping at the highest level followed by cover up and denial.

Essendon has a reputation of ignoring the rules and being arrogant. The other clubs are seriously pissed off at their disrespect for the rules. They have a history of doing whatever they feel like with the salary cap and medical testing of draft nominees. It's time everyone who was part of the doping plan was removed and punished adequately and new management brought in who agree to the rules and don't carry this misplaced idea that Hird is untouchable and the club is above the other clubs. It is also time their supporters woke up and accepted reality that their club intended to cheat and did cheat and their coach organised the cheating.

Warbler 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 pm

- and that their club helped cover up the cheating .

GUILTY from top to bottom & completely unrepentant .

They must receive the biggest whack ever handed out by the AFL

GO PIES
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:51 pm

courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 pm

What did Saad get?

If they get let off it will be a disgrace.

Hird should be banned for life for overseeing the program and then putting the whole footy community through this bullshit.

He is a complete wanker
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Saad received an 18-month suspension and could have easily received a two-year suspension under the rules and regulations that allow ASADA to impose two-year suspensions on those being found guilty for using prohibited substances listed by ASADA's code.

Luckily for Saad, his punishment wasn't that severe by six months and hence he has the opportunity to potentially restart his AFL career soon.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-saint-ahmed-saad-believes-a-twoyear-suspension-would-have-ended-his-afl-career-20141002-10pcoi.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Robbo changes his tune.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/robbo-i-have-no-faith-in-afl-asada-or-dons-so-tribunal-hearing-must-be-open-to-media

Quote:
One of the most important aspects of the case is if it will be open to the media, and Mark Robinson believes it should be a public hearing.

“I think it’s got to be open to the media, the people of Victoria need to hear first hand.

“I have no faith in any organisation involved in this ... I have little faith in the AFL, ASADA and Essendon.

“I have got no faith in putting this behind closed doors and them coming out and saying, right this is it.

“How did it come to this? We’re not telling you,” Robinson explained on SEN radio.

The chief football writer for the Herald Sun says that the players are happy with the process taken by ASADA and the league, but is hopeful the tribunal hearing will be started this year.

“When they didn’t answer the show-cause notices, this is what they wanted.

“They want to go to court and see the evidence – put it on the table.

“No one wants the hearing next year, people want a Directions Hearing today and for them to announce we’ll have it next Tuesday.”

Robinson also pointed out that there will be a significant backlash regardless of who wins at the tribunal.

“If the evidence isn’t strong enough people are going to ask what we’ve been doing for the last two years.

“If they’re found guilty and get suspended for two years then we have got this competition in a tailspin.”
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:48 am

1061 wrote:
Robbo changes his tune.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/robbo-i-have-no-faith-in-afl-asada-or-dons-so-tribunal-hearing-must-be-open-to-media

Quote:
One of the most important aspects of the case is if it will be open to the media, and Mark Robinson believes it should be a public hearing.

“I think it’s got to be open to the media, the people of Victoria need to hear first hand.

“I have no faith in any organisation involved in this ... I have little faith in the AFL, ASADA and Essendon.

“I have got no faith in putting this behind closed doors and them coming out and saying, right this is it.

“How did it come to this? We’re not telling you,” Robinson explained on SEN radio.

The chief football writer for the Herald Sun says that the players are happy with the process taken by ASADA and the league, but is hopeful the tribunal hearing will be started this year.

“When they didn’t answer the show-cause notices, this is what they wanted.

“They want to go to court and see the evidence – put it on the table.

“No one wants the hearing next year, people want a Directions Hearing today and for them to announce we’ll have it next Tuesday.”

Robinson also pointed out that there will be a significant backlash regardless of who wins at the tribunal.

“If the evidence isn’t strong enough people are going to ask what we’ve been doing for the last two years.

“If they’re found guilty and get suspended for two years then we have got this competition in a tailspin.”

Good to Slobbo giving it to ASADA and the AFL first. As a Chief Football Editor he has as much credibility as Pol Pot at a Human Rights convention. For all her faults Caro has not let up on this. Slobbo has to
decide who he serves because we all know it isn't the football public.
His last comment sums it all up. It won't send the competition into a tailspin. They forget that all the players are no longer at Essendon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: