Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 9 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Given that our side was missing players like Adams, Thomas, Dwyer and Karnezis amongst others who have been important in the magoos this season it was a great effort to get up for the win.

Especially at a venue where we have traditionally copped a belting.
Hudson just amazes me with his ability to give his all to every contest. Spencer & Fitzpatrick are 2 big units & he took them on manfully. Doesn't know how to go at a contest half pace. Loved his game today. Glad he is our ruck coach & putting the finishing touches on Witts & Grundy as well.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Unless Reid was benched for a good proportion of the game, it sounds like he has a pretty good run.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Great effort in miserable conditions. Well done 'pies; good call MB.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm

MOTR wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
You know your team is struggling up forward when there is a flock of pigeons standing at centre half forward.

That's when you know your midfield is under the pump.

Actually, that's right, MOTR - but it was difficult to think at the ground, what with the sleet, the snow, the vicious Casey supporters and all.

That ground really isn't fit for VFL footy. I haven't been that uncomfortable at a game since - oh - Windy Hill a few weeks back.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:19 pm

MOTR wrote:
Unless Reid was benched for a good proportion of the game, it sounds like he has a pretty good run.

He really needed that. I doubt he could play effectively in the seniors, yet, without a run or 2 more in the seconds.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Anyone putting votes up?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
You know your team is struggling up forward when there is a flock of pigeons standing at centre half forward.

That's when you know your midfield is under the pump.

Actually, that's right, MOTR - but it was difficult to think at the ground, what with the sleet, the snow, the vicious Casey supporters and all.

That ground really isn't fit for VFL footy. I haven't been that uncomfortable at a game since - oh - Windy Hill a few weeks back.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
MOTR wrote:

He really needed that. I doubt he could play effectively in the seniors, yet, without a run or 2 more in the seconds.

That missed goal at the end sounds like rust to me.

Kosh 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:33 pm
Post subject: Great Work MagpieBat..Reply with quote

We didn't look like it for most of the game. Kudos to MagpieBat for holding out till the end. It was truly miserable out at Casey today. Reminded me of the bad old days at Arctic Park. Broomhead did well in terrible conditions.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:36 pm

My votes Defender, since you ask:

1 to Scotty Burns for queuing politely in the rain to get into the ground with the rest of us plebs.

2 to Pendles for queuing for a bit with Scotty and wearing sensible warm clothing (even if it was in something like Hawthorn colours).

3 to Rocket for showing leadership in his role as Director of Football - found Scotty and Pendles in the queue and got them out of it and into the ground fast.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 pm

One of the better VFL wins I've seen in recent years, had guts, class and will written all over it.

Short review of each player (without access to stats);

7; Ben Kennedy; Was ok in the first three quarters and that was impressive enough, but his last quarter was huge. Won the hard ball, used it well and chased and tackled with ferocity. One of the best games I've seen him play at this level.
20; Ben Reid; I'd say he played 65-70% of the game all inside forward 50, had 4 shots at goal for 2 goals. Moved well but wasn't asked to chase hard or move outside 50, will play VFL again next week according to Tapping (via the radio).
25; Ben Hudson; Rucked manfully all day, was great at times and had a big last quarter when the game was on the line. Just a warrior.
27; Tony Armstrong; Played forward for most of the day and kicked the second goal of the game. I'd say he was playing more of a defensive role because he didn't lead out too much at all.
29; Tim Broomhead; Will play against the Dogs next week. Was great early on, had a quiet third term then finished the game strongly. He wins his own ball, is clean in his use most of the time and he has a defensive side to his game. Has really come on in the last few weeks.
31; Jackson Ramsay; Played off half back and made a few very gutsy chop outs when he backed into the packs. Doesn't get a lot of the ball though but he does have a defensive edge to his game.
37; Kyle Martin; Typical KM game, 2 goals in ugly conditions and he worked hard all day. Laid some nice tackles in the last quarter too. Is there if we need him.
38; Peter Yagmoor; Was ok and played down back all day, doesn't do enough though at times when he really has to.
43; Adam Oxley; Played forward and back today and was good at times and held his opponent down back when he had to. Went into a contest hard near the end and was carried off by trainers, no updates yet.
46; Jonathon Marsh; Played as a defensive tall for the day again, got beaten one on one a few times but his pace is a major asset going forward.
48; Got forward and kicked a vital goal in the last quarter off the ground but didn't do a lot else. Tries his heart out but doens't have a big impact on the game.

Of the top up players Ferguson, Suckling (man he looked good), Hellier were good and Tim Allan had a massive last quarter.

Great win that takes us to 6-2.Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:43 pm

mattys123 wrote:
One of the better VFL wins I've seen in recent years, had guts, class and will written all over it.

Short review of each player (without access to stats);

7; Ben Kennedy; Was ok in the first three quarters and that was impressive enough, but his last quarter was huge. Won the hard ball, used it well and chased and tackled with ferocity. One of the best games I've seen him play at this level.
20; Ben Reid; I'd say he played 65-70% of the game all inside forward 50, had 4 shots at goal for 2 goals. Moved well but wasn't asked to chase hard or move outside 50, will play VFL again next week according to Tapping (via the radio).
25; Ben Hudson; Rucked manfully all day, was great at times and had a big last quarter when the game was on the line. Just a warrior.
27; Tony Armstrong; Played forward for most of the day and kicked the second goal of the game. I'd say he was playing more of a defensive role because he didn't lead out too much at all.
29; Tim Broomhead; Will play against the Dogs next week. Was great early on, had a quiet third term then finished the game strongly. He wins his own ball, is clean in his use most of the time and he has a defensive side to his game. Has really come on in the last few weeks.
31; Jackson Ramsay; Played off half back and made a few very gutsy chop outs when he backed into the packs. Doesn't get a lot of the ball though but he does have a defensive edge to his game.
37; Kyle Martin; Typical KM game, 2 goals in ugly conditions and he worked hard all day. Laid some nice tackles in the last quarter too. Is there if we need him.
38; Peter Yagmoor; Was ok and played down back all day, doesn't do enough though at times when he really has to.
43; Adam Oxley; Played forward and back today and was good at times and held his opponent down back when he had to. Went into a contest hard near the end and was carried off by trainers, no updates yet.
46; Jonathon Marsh; Played as a defensive tall for the day again, got beaten one on one a few times but his pace is a major asset going forward.
48; Got forward and kicked a vital goal in the last quarter off the ground but didn't do a lot else. Tries his heart out but doens't have a big impact on the game.

Of the top up players Ferguson, Suckling (man he looked good), Hellier were good and Tim Allan had a massive last quarter.

Great win that takes us to 6-2.Very Happy

What about the Feral Old Casey Fan Wink

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Haha told us to **** off after the final siren, I was quite shocked lol. Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Fantastic Win considering how weak our side was.

My Thoughts:

Casey Fans are Fereal

Hudson was massive in the last QTR in the Ruck. as Greenborugh was Useless in the Ruck

What a Awsome Debut by Suckling

Good to see Reid get Thru Okay

Ferguson was Fantastic Again

Kennedy and Broomhead pushed for Selection

Great to stand with Mattys123 in the 2nd Half

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:05 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Haha told us to **** off after the final siren, I was quite shocked lol. Laughing

Who did he think he was?

Pissed of they Lossed to the Pies 3rds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: