Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Abbotts foot in mouth thread...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Just in case anyone was wondering about the Liberal Party's links with big business, read this:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/23/tony-abbott-consulted-rupert-murdoch-over-paid-parental-leave-book

Quote:
In the book, King reveals Murdoch was consulted before Abbott announced the policy – including a levy on big business – on International Women’s Day in March 2010.

“Big business rumbled but didn’t erupt at the scheme, but the party room was in uproar,” King writes.

“The hardheads knew that it would open the Coalition up to an accusation of raising taxes even though the extra tax would only apply to big businesses. But, more importantly, neither the party room nor the businesses who would pay had been consulted.

“Abbott, however, had conferred with one leading business figure, the media proprietor Rupert Murdoch, who had been in Australia the month before for his mother’s 101st birthday …

“The new leader, like many before him, had dinner with Murdoch, where he gave the media mogul a full rundown on the scheme – supplying enough detail for Murdoch to later have his Australian-based editors briefed on Abbott’s plan, which he considered a visionary approach to dealing with a real problem in his workforce. They were encouraged to support it, notwithstanding that it represented a tax impost and was skewed to be of most benefit to parents outside their middle-Australian readership.

“This fact was unknown to members in the party room, who condemned Abbott’s solo policy-making on such a fundamental issue.”

So much for the fourth estate. So much for media independence. Abbott scratches Murdoch's back and Murdoch scratches his.

Who do you think is behind the proposed law changes to crack down on the downloading of pirated material?

Who stands to gain from it?

Who is now getting his payback for putting the full weight of his media empire behind supporting the coalition in opposition?

Uncle Rupert.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Tannin wrote:

If I may make a suggestion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X454D3Fzwso

If I may make a suggestion...

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/clarke-and-dawe/NC1459V028S00#playing
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 am

Abbottt said he wants to improve Australia Intelligence and then mentioned Meta data something (and his whole cabinet know nothing about, Turnbull excepted)

Well mate if that's true leave the country and go back to the country you were born in.
(You'll raise the average IQ's of both nations)!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Welcome back to the Cold War—except contrary to their Bond fantasies, it's Abbott and his party hacks who are the in-bred, bumbling Luddites trapped in the 19th century.

Even worse, when their ignorance is exposed, they wheel out the Minister for Old Money himself, Malcolm "Bleed the Nation Dry" Turnbull, who feigns enough knowledge to deceive people into propping up his buddies' parasitic utility investments.

Communist Car Monopoly:

Communist Telecommunications Monopoly:

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:45 pm

The sooner this f*** wit and his bunch of cronies leave parliament the better. They're ruining the country. Public safety my arse. Just another way they can control and monitor us and our usage. We'll all end up footing the bill of course. We need to seriously stand up to these pricks. Enough is enough.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:58 pm

All these anti Piracy and web gathering measures only work against casual internet users. For example, I'm a well hardened copyright infringer, all the way back to pre internet days, through Napster etc. I know how to avoid getting caught. I'm by no means a volume copier, but you can bet those who are know just as much if not more than I do. Using a VPN means when your torrent gets tracked, it only gets tracked to an anonymous server in another country and the VPN companies don't keep data on who is using those servers, in fact I signed up for the service completely anonymously and paid with a gift card.

Of course, Sharon from accounts who downloads the latest Game of Thrones to keep up with office discussion, she has no idea. She gets caught and gets a letter from a lawyer saying if she doesn't pay $5000 dollars they'll sue her for $100,000. (This is what happens in the USA). Despite having a weak case, these letters score over and over again.

This government is adamant on attacking the low end of town, from the unemployed, the student and the lower middle classes who can't afford Foxtel. They've lost just about every support demographic they have apart from big business (small business is pissed off about the impost that 40 job applications per unemployed person per week will have). One Term Tony is going to be a reality unless they make a U-Turn quickly on a number of issues.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
4pies wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/classmates-express-fury-over-tony-abbotts-daughter-frances-being-awarded-60000-scholarship-to-whitehouse-institute-of-design/story-fncynjr2-1226926934506

That is disgusting.

Guess they have Rich Mummy and Daddy.

Makes me Spew

Well it could be worse.

Poor little rich girl breaking bad.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/14/13/21/former-premier-neville-wrans-daughter-harriett-appears-in-court-over-murder

While I'm no fan of Abbott or the Liberals let's be honest and admit if this was the daughter of a former Liberal politician Nick's would have been all over this by now.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:35 pm

OOOps, wrong threaD

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
4pies wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/classmates-express-fury-over-tony-abbotts-daughter-frances-being-awarded-60000-scholarship-to-whitehouse-institute-of-design/story-fncynjr2-1226926934506

That is disgusting.

Guess they have Rich Mummy and Daddy.

Makes me Spew

Well it could be worse.

Poor little rich girl breaking bad.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/14/13/21/former-premier-neville-wrans-daughter-harriett-appears-in-court-over-murder

While I'm no fan of Abbott or the Liberals let's be honest and admit if this was the daughter of a former Liberal politician Nick's would have been all over this by now.

How come? If you're thinking of Frances Abbott, the issue wasn't about any kind of guilt by association (it wasn't even her fault, or Tony's for that matter); it was about nepotism and the outrageous privileges given to people on account of their family name. In general, I couldn't care less if a family member of a Liberal politician commits a crime, and I'd expect that most progressive people on here feel the same.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

From before the election (such as it was)
http://www.news.com.au/national/jobs-to-go-as-car-fringe-benefits-tax-ends/story-fncynjr2-1226681612703

LABOR'S crackdown on the fringe benefits tax for cars would be dumped by the Coalition, Tony Abbott says, as jobs within the industry face the axe.
The Opposition says it will block the proposed changes to company-car tax rules which it says have already led to hundreds of job losses.

Here are Holden and Toyota workers learning
a. $50 million is too much for Australian economy to bear.
(Auto industries all over the world are subsidised in one way or the other).
b. Prime Minister Tony Abbott believes many Holden and Toyota workers will be "liberated" by the loss of their jobs.
c.they won't be needing to drive cars anymore!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm

To How much does it cost?
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:12 am

Team Australia's foot firmly in mouth is at it again!

Scotland goes to the polls on September 18 to decide whether to break away from the 307-year-old union with England.
“What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote,” Mr Abbott said.
“As a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it’s hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland.
“I think that the people who would like to see the break-up of the United Kingdom are not the friends of justice, the friends of freedom,
and the countries that would cheer at the prospect… are not the countries whose company one would like to keep.”

A spokesman for Scottish first minister Alex Salmond, who is leading the pro-independence campaign, said Mr Abbott* had “put his foot in it”.
* for those unaware of the fact, Abbott is a Pomm

http://morningmail.org/another-abbott-gaff/

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:18 am

Once again I'll ask those here that cheerleaded for him

Are you proud of yourselves?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:34 am

Tony Abbott wrote:
the countries that would cheer at the prospect… are not the countries whose company one would like to keep.

Did he really say that? That's insane.

Real king of diplomacy, this guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: