Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jack Crisp vs Jordan DeGoey debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:03 pm
Post subject: Jack Crisp vs Jordan DeGoey debateReply with quote

In the absence of any match-day and in-season material, was watching the Grand Final for the 350th time and couldn't help but be reminded of what a great recruit Jack Crisp has been for us. 25 possessions, 2 goals and 7 marks on top of his other finals performances only served to highlight what a fantastic player he has been.

Got me thinking though. Is there a world or opinion where one could argue that Crisp has been a better acquisition than DeGoey? The consistency vs the brilliance argument. Jordan is a fantastic and more naturally talented player but welcome your thoughts?

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Value for money Crisp of course

But you need both types of players to wins flag: consistency and flair

Jordy still has another level to go to I think

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:02 am

Crisp put on the afterburners and contributed to change the game when it counted... and not just the goal on the siren.

And that wasn't the first time. Hardly ever beaten.

Shame for some reason never made AA. I guess when you are not in it, you just don't get the total recognition you might deserve.

Also, he doesn't sell papers.

On balance, over the last 5 years ? .. Jack Crisp.
npalm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:41 am

Both are A-graders. I like them both and there is not much between them but it's Crisp for me. He is one of the most underrated (by the wider AFL world) players in the comp. And DeGoey is one of the most overrated - thanks to over the top commentators like BT.
I'd be interested to see their Copeland results or Coaches votes over the last 5 years. I'm pretty sure that Crisp would be comfortably in front.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:03 am

And both acquisitions were a direct consequence of the Beams trade to the Lions.

Coaches love consistency and even performances from their players. There’s nothing better than putting the magnet on the board and knowing what you’re going to get from that player on the day. Crisp is so reliable and when you throw in his ridiculous durability, he should be remembered as one of the best return on investment trades in the history of the game.
DeGoeys best is more impactful and eye catching when he wins first possession and bursts out of the middle. His prelim final game against a strong Giants midfield was one of the great finals performances. Having said that, he will need to do it more often in the later part of his career if he wants to pass Crisps consistent contributions as a Collingwood player.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:05 pm

De Goey just does what he does. The most pleasing thing about Crisp relates to the fact that he's normally a great kick on the run and a terrible kick over the mark. That goal Crisp kicked at the end of the quarter in the GF from over 50m showed how much he matured as a player under fly's coaching. And to do it in a GF. It's what every player dreams about doing. Love both.
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Crisp has had a super career at Collingwood and I agree that he must be one of the most underrated players in the AFL. Successive Copeland trophies in '21 and '22 then a super consistent and elite finals series performance in '23 to help the Pies to a historic premiership says it all as to how good a player he has become. His consistency is truly remarkable and a credit to him.
Together Crisp and DeGoey provide Collingwood with a duo of unmatched explosive power out of the contested to drive the ball forward and both are very capable of kicking goals from anywhere within 60 meters of goal.
The fact that Crisp has evolved to be such a versatile player, that can play as an attacking rebounding back-flank, winger or on-baller makes him an extremely valuable player that Collingwood is lucky to have.
Of course DeGoey probably has a bit more class in his play and has certainly shown himself to be a consistent elite performer in finals and does the more flamboyant plays, I think Crisp has been more value due to his consistency of high level performance.
I hope Collingwood can succeed again with this dynamic duo still at their peak over the next couple of years.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:01 pm

I dislike comparing players. They are both fabulous players and we are lucky to have them both.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:45 pm

Great GF goals, huh?! All of 'em.
think better 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:09 pm

Just glad they are both in our team
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:02 pm

I came across this post by Chris Anderson, nothing to do with the thread lol.. But it does have DeGoey ...

Too good not to share with you... so here tis...

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=6988190601266021&set=a.343077635777384
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:38 pm

Hard to compare.

De Goey has more natural playing talent than Crisp. De Goey doesn't have to have much impact early in his games to have a big say at the end. This year's Grand Final being a worthy example of this.

Crisp's consistency, versaility and durability is remarkable. I think he was our best player across the three finals this year. The fact that he hasn't missed a single game in 9 years is unbelievable.

De Goey has more natural talent to be an explosive match winner. Crisp is the more reliable and consistent player and rarely dips out of games.

Either way, they've been remarkable recruits for us. The Beams trade from 2014 really paid dividends for the club.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:55 am

He’s better than this guy /that guy.

Let’s all be happy that they both play for us

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:14 pm

It's like comparing your kids ...

(it's the older one)

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:31 pm

Crisp has the consistency and skill and is an A grade player.

But JDG at his best is an elite A+ player that single-handedly wins matches.

You need both to be successful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: