Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:
Majak aside, the AFLs ranks is gunna be full of Sudanese kids before too long. Their height and athletic abilities are starting to really show thru in local junior footy and once they are ingrained with AFL from a very early age look out.

That would be bloody sensational. I hope Collingwood get some of the Sudanese (and other) young stars into our youth academy and train them up. Like Jackcass said, some NZ, Fiji and Tongan talent wouldn't hurt either, while still keeping an eye open for outstanding Irish and US talent. We must never let a chance go by to improve our list, and taking calculated risks and thinking outside the square is a really good thing to do.

Only the NSW and QLD Side have Youth Academeny's

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

On a recent episode of The Club, I saw that Collingwood had an acedemy for future father/son draftees. Why cant they just extend that to include other young kids with potential??
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:
Majak aside, the AFLs ranks is gunna be full of Sudanese kids before too long. Their height and athletic abilities are starting to really show thru in local junior footy and once they are ingrained with AFL from a very early age look out.

That would be bloody sensational. I hope Collingwood get some of the Sudanese (and other) young stars into our youth academy and train them up. Like Jackcass said, some NZ, Fiji and Tongan talent wouldn't hurt either, while still keeping an eye open for outstanding Irish and US talent. We must never let a chance go by to improve our list, and taking calculated risks and thinking outside the square is a really good thing to do.

Only the NSW and QLD Side have Youth Academeny's

On a recent episode of The Club, I saw that Collingwood had an acedemy for future father/son draftees. Why cant they just extend that to include other young kids with potential??

I guess because we could spend a lot of money developing kids who would just get snapped up in the draft by other clubs. At least with the father sons we get first right of refusal.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:32 pm

The youth academies give their NSW and Qld sides preferencial access to the kids that pass through them. No such benefit for us for non-F/S prospects. It how Sydney will likely grab Heeny (spelling???) at this years draft and get a cheapie.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

MOTR wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Happy to keep persisting with these project international players, we'll have get one right sooner or later?

Hine groups them together as alternative athletes. We've had 3 who have been able to earn promotion onto our main list, with Keeffe and Witts still with plenty of upside. Marty is probably cooked. Mooney is still some chance of being promoted, although it would seem his trajectory has flattened out. Shae and Richmond were outright busts. Not a bad record, given the speculative nature of these picks and the advantage that comes with being able to pick them up outside the draft.

I said international, Keeffe and Witts are neither. I had hopes for Clarke, he's our most successful international rookie which doesn't say much about our success rate. I highly doubt Mooney will make it. This is not to say that Cox won't but he'd be certainly bucking the trend if he does. (no pun intended)

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:10 am

Damien wrote:

It would be welcome if it did happen, because there's no doubt that AFL, as a sport, is mediocre in its athleticsm. And that's because most of its participants are white. This especially goes for our taller players who are mostly slow and incredibly cumbersome. Unlike basketball, AFL is not all about athleticism, and unfortunately, a focus on stamina and defensive efforts is hurting the expression of skill and natural, explosive athleticism in the game.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Go check his "basketball" stats at OK State he scored 2 baskets all season. If your thinking of the basketball awareness Pendlebury has. this guy is nowhere near the basketball talent of Pendlebury. Not even close. His skill is height at this point.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 pm

BBHS wrote:
Go check his "basketball" stats at OK State he scored 2 baskets all season. If your thinking of the basketball awareness Pendlebury has. this guy is nowhere near the basketball talent of Pendlebury. Not even close. His skill is height at this point.

He was a Walk-On so getting game time at all is pretty impressive. Not like he was on a full time team list so the comparison is not a good one.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Well maybe because Pendles had been playing since he was a Kid and Cox only started when he was at college

Not the point Dave. Just because he played basketball won't give him this magical awareness people think it's associated with. It's called talent. And 99% of 6-10 Basketballers have bugger all. Especially guys who average 2 minutes a game on court in their college career.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Lazza wrote:
[quote="BBHS"]Go check his "basketball" stats at OK State he scored 2 baskets all season. If your thinking of the basketball awareness Pendlebury has. this guy is nowhere near the basketball talent of Pendlebury. Not even close. His skill is height at this point.[/quote]

He was a Walk-On so getting game time at all is pretty impressive. Not like he was on a full time team list so the comparison is not a good one.
I think it could be like I was on a full time team list so the comparison is not a good one.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Big Mason Cox is about to board a Qantas flight to Australia landing in Melbourne @ 8:30 Friday morning , according to a caller on sen this morning
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Yep I posted this the other day, will be Collingwood bound next week.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Big Mason Cox is about to board a Qantas flight to Australia landing in Melbourne @ 8:30 Friday morning , according to a caller on sen this morning

Wasn't that Ricky Nixon who rang that thru?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Play him FF this week.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 pm

haven't really followed this story. any reason why we should be excited by this prospect?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 12 of 178   

Jump to: