Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fair call we were pretty happy for him!

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Lucky the Truth was tabloid size.

You could read Heartbalm 1 handed. Embarassed

Yep, Heartbalm and the page-3 bimbo nursed me through my awkward teenage years in the 80s. Closing the door behind you brought in a whole new perspective... Surprised

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
The story of him making it into the seniors is bigger than the story of how he performed. He was ok and certainly did some nice things, but this was the easiest game to debut in this year.

Definitely the story, one of those feel good ones.

Statistically he did no better than either Witts or Grundy have done in the same role but in his first game and a big win when we'd been crying out for a win, he showed that most horrible word, potential.

Give him 10 games and when he hasn't gone from showing potential to turning into Paul Salmon reincarnated you'll have people howling for his head and calling him a failure and a dud.
Rolling Eyes

No, I doubt it. Moore's played 14 games, so far, all but one of which have been less impressive than Cox's and Moore is still The Anointed One. So, I think it takes a bit longer than 10 weeks, although Mason might get a bit less leeway than Moore if you factor in the extent of general anti-American sentiment and the absence of a famous father. He's probably right until (when/if) The Weed Mk III kicks 5 goals for Melbourne.

Dude, we're Collingwood. We supporters live for the glimpse of potential and what it may bring so we idolise players like Kink who can turn it on for a quarter then do nothing for a month

Sounds like Blair.

The incredible Oompa.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:43 pm

I demand to know where the poster E is? He predicted that Cox wouldn't ever play a senior game because Americans cant kick or something like that..... Rolling Eyes
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
i don't expect to see cloke at afl level for a few weeks. perhaps target the geelong game for a return.

He'll get in before then, I reckon. I doubt he'll miss more than 3 games, and more likely just the 2. Injuries will probably force the issue.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Lazza wrote:
I demand to know where the poster E is? He predicted that Cox wouldn't ever play a senior game because Americans cant kick or something like that..... Rolling Eyes

Never made a bad call on Nicks Lazza?

BTW, hows the campaign against Halal certification going?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:36 pm

There's an article on the AFL website about every club's ruckman and back up ruckmen. Cox gets a mention and a pic: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-27/the-back-up-how-do-the-second-ruckmen-rate
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Lazza wrote:

Laughing Lazza you have a good memory. I remember E expressing a view along those lines. Generally I agree with a lot of his posts but as we see is slightly off on our big Cox! I think Mason has surprised many skeptics in the last year! And his development, being so rapid, has shocked even the most hardened footy supporters. You can't help but be excited at what he will bring to the table from now. He just didn't make a mistake!! I just loved that knock on to Steel and some physicality he is showing in contests those second and third efforts just the tonic we need. They seem so instinctive something that usually comes from having played the game at an early age. If this bloke hangs on to a few more marks we are in for some joyous times!!
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:29 pm
Post subject: Coxy is a breath of Fresh Air for us all.Reply with quote

When anyone imagines the dedication Mason Cox has displayed to achieve all he has can only admire him. The effort he makes to get to every contest in his area is an example to everyone and a favourite of the Magpie Army. I believe Brodie will be able to improve his output with the knowledge and example of Coxy with his enthusiasm and "never give up attitude" that gives confidence to all.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Don't want to get too carried away but there's something a little bit exciting about the big fella. He'll get sterner tests than on Monday but he's a rapid learner and I can see him causing major headaches for opposition coaches before long.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 pm

I reckon there has been a bit of protection shown to the big boy by playing him forward but his stats as a tap ruckman are scary. He will beat most starting ruckmen in the tap outs right now.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:57 am

swoop42 wrote:
I said last year it wouldn't surprise me if Cox was our best tap ruckman before this season is out and nothing so far will make me change that view.

Importantly though I think he projects as being our most capable ruck forward and this will allow us to play him and Grundy together.

He's only going to get better.

Cox might be the Best Tap Ruckman because of his Height but gets lost in the Midfield after the Ruck Contest

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 am

Is this really the last one?
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:43 am
Post subject: The USA is the Greatest Country in the World (a Cox thread)Reply with quote

Seriously, how f'n great is the United states when a mediocre athlete (by US standards) comes to our country and becomes the dominant force at the highest level of our most important sport within 2 years.

Could you imagine how dominant the best athletes in the United States would be at Aussie Rules if there was enough money in the sport to get them to try AFL?

More Cox please!

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:23 am

Sidebottom note, anyone have a link to any Yankee articles on Cox and his debut?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 23 of 178   

Jump to: