Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Justin Madden had no idea but was tall, so anything is possible. Very Happy

You just successfully described both his football and political careers in one sentence Laughing

He was good at accepting paper bags full of cash

Now we've described his football and political careers in one sentence Wink
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 am
Post subject: The leash around Coxys neck has snapped!!Reply with quote

That's right, he's unleashed himself with another solid effort in the VFL, with Moore injured we simply have no other choice, he clearly outperformed Gault today and Witts will need to earn his place in the team via the VFL.

Welcome to the Big time Mason, do us proud young man!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:47 am

What's wrong with Moore?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:08 am

think positive wrote:
What's wrong with Moore?

Hobbled into training on Sunday but said nothing was wrong. Assume he's OK to go against Melbourne.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 am

Why doesn't Cox bang the ball into space when he is in the ruck?
He continually drops the ball at the rovers feet.
Think he could be a better forward than a ruckman at the moment.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:55 am

HAL is always thinking.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 am

Cox was solid and showed potential, without demanding inclusion. 8 kicks, 6 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 36 hitouts and 1 goal 3 behinds was a good enough afternoon's work for him to be rated in Collingwood's top half-dozen in the VFL. He might come up after that display but he's no certainty.

Toovey looked great (and, IMO, won them the game) - he looks to have his closing speed back (although one does have to be cautious because the pace in the VFL is generally much slower) and, while he has that, he should be in our starting defensive six, despite his faults, because he is our most versatile lock-down player by some considerable margin. He did demand a recall and, on that performance, really must come up to the seniors next week. Smith was also very impressive and, although he looks to me to need more weight on him before he could be influential at senior level, he certainly kicks the ball beautifully and over long distances.

Broomhead was OK and will be better for the run but he is another week or two off a senior game. Macaffer was very influential and they will be tempted to recall him to the seniors for the next game - he still looked off the pace at times to me, though.

Wills had more of the ball than anyone (30 disposals) but IMO he isn't ready for senior football, yet. He is obviously more than comfortable in the VFL, though, and I will watch his further development with interest.

It was a shame to see Marsh pull his hamstring because he was very good in the first half. Frost was solid without getting much of the ball. I couldn't recommend White for a defensive post based on that game (he doesn't really have a clue about when to punch and when to go for a mark) but he did some good things.

Otherwise, Crocker and Wyatt showed some skill up forward (Crocker is a very good kick for goal, it appears) but need time and more of the ball, whilst Phillips and Sier were encouraging, without pressing for senior selection. Gault was disappointing - he did a reasonable job rucking, but he would need to get his hands on the foot way more often (only 7 disposals) before he could be considered again for senior selection.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am

^ practice matches aside, it was wills' first competitive hit out for some time. yesterday's performances need to be tempered by a backdrop of essentially an afl team vs a team that has had a significant overhaul of player personnel. in the off-season port had nigh on 35 players turned over at the club.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Cox was solid and showed potential, without demanding inclusion. 8 kicks, 6 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 36 hitouts and 1 goal 3 behinds was a good enough afternoon's work for him to be rated in Collingwood's top half-dozen in the VFL. He might come up after that display but he's no certainty.

Toovey looked great (and, IMO, won them the game) - he looks to have his closing speed back (although one does have to be cautious because the pace in the VFL is generally much slower) and, while he has that, he should be in our starting defensive six, despite his faults, because he is our most versatile lock-down player by some considerable margin. He did demand a recall and, on that performance, really must come up to the seniors next week. Smith was also very impressive and, although he looks to me to need more weight on him before he could be influential at senior level, he certainly kicks the ball beautifully and over long distances.

Broomhead was OK and will be better for the run but he is another week or two off a senior game. Macaffer was very influential and they will be tempted to recall him to the seniors for the next game - he still looked off the pace at times to me, though.

Wills had more of the ball than anyone (30 disposals) but IMO he isn't ready for senior football, yet. He is obviously more than comfortable in the VFL, though, and I will watch his further development with interest.

It was a shame to see Marsh pull his hamstring because he was very good in the first half. Frost was solid without getting much of the ball. I couldn't recommend White for a defensive post based on that game (he doesn't really have a clue about when to punch and when to go for a mark) but he did some good things.

Otherwise, Crocker and Wyatt showed some skill up forward (Crocker is a very good kick for goal, it appears) but need time and more of the ball, whilst Phillips and Sier were encouraging, without pressing for senior selection. Gault was disappointing - he did a reasonable job rucking, but he would need to get his hands on the foot way more often (only 7 disposals) before he could be considered again for senior selection.

Good analysis
No one stood out.
I thought Broomy had a little class.
I know Caff and Toovs did fairly well but how many times are we going to go back to the future.h

Geelongpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 am

No one in this game was really any good tbh.
I get we all want something magical to pop out of the vfl and save our season but on yesterday's game it isn't happening.
Just a meh standard with each player doing there thing to get over the line.
Cox had 2 shots on goal in the 3rd quarter both from the top of the square and missed both.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:59 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Good analysis
No one stood out.
I thought Broomy had a little class.
I know Caff and Toovs did fairly well but how many times are we going to go back to the future.h

Caff did well for half of the third and the last quarter; looked well out of sorts in the opening half, seemed to be of the pace off even the VFL

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Geelongpie wrote:
No one in this game was really any good tbh.
I get we all want something magical to pop out of the vfl and save our season but on yesterday's game it isn't happening.
Just a meh standard with each player doing there thing to get over the line.
Cox had 2 shots on goal in the 3rd quarter both from the top of the square and missed both.

Wasn't exactly from the top of the goal square, they were a bit further out than that. 1 hit the post and one was touched by the man on the mark but went through for a goal.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I didn't see the game, but was under the impression that Josh Smith was one of our best, yet you didn't even mention him. I suspect he's a chance.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I didn't see the game, but was under the impression that Josh Smith was one of our best, yet you didn't even mention him. I suspect he's a chance.

Especially if we lose Williams on top of Ramsay.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:44 pm

^

The kid has a booming straight boot on him. Needs more time in the VFL to learn how to kick crooked first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 16 of 178   

Jump to: