Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welfare

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should all citizens be granted a minimum standard of living?
Yes, unconditionally.
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Only if they are pulling their weight or are physically/mentally incapable of doing so.
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
No. We are not entitled to anything from our government.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please specify in post).
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove welfare by all means, just start building a lot more prisons. Those on welfare are an easy target by the haves.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Wokko wrote:
David Leyonhjelm puts the case pretty well, so I'll let him do it.

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2015/02/17/david-leyonhjelm-guest-post-pensions-are-charity/

I would love to be as rich as this Prick. That we can just live us off it.

He needs a wake up call

Really? He may be an overpaid politician, but just lookie overpaid, lawyers (sorry in advance 4shaw) overpaid cosmetic surgeons, even models and actors, they have worked all their years.

Are you able to work at all Dave? Even some kind of charity work? Can you help out society in any way? Genuine question. I have no idea the level of your disability, and no it's none of my business, feel free to ignore the question.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Culprit wrote:
Remove welfare by all means, just start building a lot more prisons. Those on welfare are an easy target by the haves.

That's a very sweeping on comment.

Who has said that welfare needs to be removed? I think most would agree it needs to be sorted to stop the rorts so that those who really need help, get every inch of it that they can.

And no, I don't believe that's the case right now.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 pm

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Who has said that welfare needs to be removed? I think most would agree it needs to be sorted to stop the rorts so that those who really need help, get every inch of it that they can.

The Self Righteous (haves) perceive that everyone on welfare is cheating the system where in fact it's a very very small percentage, but easy targets are hard to come by when your pushing the self righteous barrow.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Culprit wrote:
think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The Self Righteous (haves) perceive that everyone on welfare is cheating the system where in fact it's a very very small percentage, but easy targets are hard to come by when your pushing the self righteous barrow.

Wow, must be a lot on welfare then, cos I can point the finger at quite a few of that very very small percentage without even thinking about it.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

All of them?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 pm

If you know they are ripping the system off make the call and do something about it.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/fraud-and-security
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Wokko wrote:
David Leyonhjelm puts the case pretty well, so I'll let him do it.

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2015/02/17/david-leyonhjelm-guest-post-pensions-are-charity/

I would love to be as rich as this Prick. That we can just live us off it.

He needs a wake up call

Not sure what you're trying to say. He's certainly made some decent coin, but his point is that he doesn't 'deserve' the pension just because he paid a while heap in taxes throughout his life. He's saying the wealthy such as himself, shouldn't get and don't need government handouts and that people's desire to pass wealth to future generations shouldn't come at the expense of people who have never owned a house to begin with. Also that taxes are spent by the government faster than they're paid in (budget deficit) so there is no argument that paying taxes entitles you to handouts in your old age unless you cannot afford to live without them.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Culprit wrote:
If you know they are ripping the system off make the call and do something about it.

I think I do.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Culprit wrote:

Dobbing people in to the authorities? I'd rather not. Used to be one of the worst things you could do in this country. All this dobbing people in business (EPA etc) is another part of our cultural slide.

What next? Dob in your neighbour because they speak out against the Government? Dob in you mate because he had a laugh about making some extra on his tax return? **** that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Wokko wrote:

Dobbing people in to the authorities? I'd rather not. Used to be one of the worst things you could do in this country. All this dobbing people in business (EPA etc) is another part of our cultural slide.

What next? Dob in your neighbour because they speak out against the Government? Dob in you mate because he had a laugh about making some extra on his tax return? **** that.

Dobbed in my neighbor when they wouldn't clean their pool and I was getting attacked by mozzies.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Wokko wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Australians are a nation of squealers... dobbing is the national sport.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:50 pm

1061 wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Dobbed in my neighbor when they wouldn't clean their pool and I was getting attacked by mozzies.

OMG really! What happened?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:00 pm

London Dave wrote:

Australians are a nation of squealers... dobbing is the national sport.

There was a time when that wasn't the case.

Look, I get that sometimes it's necessary. Someone who flicks a cigarette butt out in the countryside on a 40 degree day probably needs to cop it. But in most cases it's just people who are too shit scared to just talk to someone and tell them to stop being a dickhead.

1061, I hope you went and asked them first to please do something about it. I can appreciate why you'd report that (health reasons/disease etc), but in most cases a quick word will solve these kinds of issues.

When I found a dog out in the street I had so many people telling me to hand it over to the authorities. This would mean the owner paying a huge fine, the dog possibly getting destroyed (was a staffy/healer X, looked big and mean). Instead I looked after it for a few days and kept an eye out for signs. I started to make my own "Dog Found" signs, when I spotted one and took the dog back to its owner. A tradie had left the gate open, the dog wasn't registered yet (quite new pup) and the guy would've had to leave it if I'd taken it to the RSPCA (Hundreds of dollars in council fees and fines), guy on disability.

Instead, because I didn't feel the need to 'report' a dog being left out a guy got his mate back and didn't have to skip buying food for himself or paying a power bill because of ridiculous council fees. If you don't have to dob, then don't, just talk to people.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:04 pm

^ Completely agree, Wokko. Our society's fear of confrontation/communication with strangers is a real problem. So many problems could just be resolved by talking, but people are too scared/lazy to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: