Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Promote Karnezis ...to the senior team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't think we can keep playing Grundy and Witts together. We're hurting at the clearances and they're not giving a lot around the ground.

It might be that we wait till Reid returns, but I think a Karnezis for Witts move could improve our team. Will wait and see though as it's difficult to tell whether Karnezis is match fit enough just yet.

Witts is too slow around the Ground but I think Grundy is doing more the last 3-4 Games around the ground

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:21 pm

For the 2nd week in a row, White failed to touch the footy for two quarters. He really must be dropped. I have a stuffed ferret they can use as a lead-up target in his place. At least the ferret won't run the wrong angle all the time. ALTERNATIVELY, Perhaps Martin and PK can get together in a costume and play as a pantomime CHF.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
For the 2nd week in a row, White failed to touch the footy for two quarters. He really must be dropped. I have a stuffed ferret they can use as a lead-up target in his place. At least the ferret won't run the wrong angle all the time. ALTERNATIVELY, Perhaps Martin and PK can get together in a costume and play as a pantomime CHF.

Is there any way we can get Mason Cox onto our list before next Friday? Apparently, he's the next big thing.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:19 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

White showed a bit when he was thrown into the ruck (and TBH I don't think he was right, looked sore to me), I'd rather go with Grundy-White as our rucks and play PK as a forward in turn dropping Witts.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 am

Karnezis has had a lot of match fitness to catch up on. I have seen three of his VFL games and he has blown up each game but later each week. Yesterday it was around 3 QT he was done so he might have to wait a bit longer to make his debut.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:14 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Karnezis has had a lot of match fitness to catch up on. I have seen three of his VFL games and he has blown up each game but later each week. Yesterday it was around 3 QT he was done so he might have to wait a bit longer to make his debut.

Well when he get his Full Fitness he could bag 10 Goals in a Game in the VFL Twisted Evil

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:52 am

Like Reiwoldt did for Richmond yesterday and Kennedy did for the Wiggles last week?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
We need another attacking option on the forward line. Shouldn't be playing both Goldsack or Blair unless they start kicking goals (unlikely).

Likely replacements for one of them: Kennedy, Fasolo, Karnezis.

If it was for their efforts last night we would have definitely lost.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:16 pm

White has been horrible, but I think he was influential in the last quarter in the ruck. He had a few possessions and nullified the ruck.

Buckley has always said White is a better 3rd tall option. Witts hasn't been doing enough to draw the 2nd defender away so White is copping a better opponent.

I think Karnezis should come in for Witts and let White get into the game in the ruck. He just goes cold up forward and we don't kick it to him. Get him in the game. He is lightning quick and pretty aggressive when he wants to be.

Think Witts will be the unlucky one to make way for Karnezis...provided Karnezis is fit enough to run out a game.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Big T wrote:
Damien wrote:
If Jesse White doesn't kick 3 in this last qtr he has to make way for Karenzis next week. He kicks a goal early every week then goes missing for the rest of the game.

Promises so much, agile, fast, good mark.

Gives little.

White was always going to be hot and cold. Was exactly that at the Swans. I'm struggling to understand why posters think that'll automatically change up his output just because he's now wearing a Pies jumper. It was alway anticipated that he'd be the 3rd tall in partnership with Cloke and Reid. The cream on the top if you like. Haven't seen that once thus far in 2014. Let's wait till we get Reid back before we make too many judgements.

Oh, and Karnezis will offer more of the same.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't think we can keep playing Grundy and Witts together. We're hurting at the clearances and they're not giving a lot around the ground.

It might be that we wait till Reid returns, but I think a Karnezis for Witts move could improve our team. Will wait and see though as it's difficult to tell whether Karnezis is match fit enough just yet.

Witts is too slow around the Ground but I think Grundy is doing more the last 3-4 Games around the ground

Take off your rose glasses and make an unbiased assessment Dave.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:19 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
White has been horrible, but I think he was influential in the last quarter in the ruck. He had a few possessions and nullified the ruck.

Buckley has always said White is a better 3rd tall option. Witts hasn't been doing enough to draw the 2nd defender away so White is copping a better opponent.

I think Karnezis should come in for Witts and let White get into the game in the ruck. He just goes cold up forward and we don't kick it to him. Get him in the game. He is lightning quick and pretty aggressive when he wants to be.

Think Witts will be the unlucky one to make way for Karnezis...provided Karnezis is fit enough to run out a game.

Agree on White. I think we should persevere with Witts and Grundy until Reid returns. Doesn't mean Karnezis cant play. It's actually no different than playing Goldsack forward which we've been doing. The Sack can settle in defense.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Is there any way we can get Mason Cox onto our list before next Friday? Apparently, he's the next big thing.

White men cant jump dude.... Rolling Eyes Razz Twisted Evil
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

Agree on White. I think we should persevere with Witts and Grundy until Reid returns. Doesn't mean Karnezis cant play. It's actually no different than playing Goldsack forward which we've been doing. The Sack can settle in defense.

I think it is different. Goldsack is a strong defensive player and his tank is at a good standard.

Karnezis on the other hand has always had question marks over his defensive elements, and there are obviously question marks on his tank right now.

Obviously if Frost is out as well then the point becomes moot because Goldy goes into defence.

Otherwise, I don't think we should go in with a forward line of Cloke, White, Witts and Karnezis.

I also think we should be giving White ruck time at the moment because when Reid comes back, that is probably where he is going to have to play.

I think if it is a question between White v Witts, I would still give White the nod right now.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Take off your rose glasses and make an unbiased assessment Dave.

As I said in the other thread, bugger all between them this seasn. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=5&pid1=3701&tid2=5&pid2=3812&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: