Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Promote Karnezis ...to the senior team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I'm sure he'll get his chance when the coaching staff think he's recaptured the fitness needed to go to the next level. Missed a lot of footy though so I'd guess another week or 2 at VFL level before that becomes the reality. Same for Broomhead.

I can understand it but I'm still amazed at the knee jerk reactions of posters calling for massive changes to the senior team following 1 bad performance.

I can totally understand the reaction. We thought that it was the best team we put up so far but they were in reality never in it against Adelaide. It's a bit of a shock when that happens. To then suggest changes to a losing team is logical. Karnezis will be considered I reckon.
However like you, I'm bloody astounded that out of all the players slated for replacement, Clinton Young excapes a mention...... Rolling Eyes He cost us at least three goals that I can remember and was fairly ordinary I thought.

I guess that's where I'm different then... I thought it was a good side given our current player availability but I don't get into the suggestions about it being "our" best team or the presumptions that we were going to flog the Crows as a consequence. Said from the outset that it was a 50/50 game at best and one that we'd hopefully win. Reality is a bitch ain't it....

But to then turn that into a slam fest against the very same players that people have been lauding following the previous 4 games is so Richmond supporter like it's offensive.

And I'm not having a shot at those posters who question the merit of certain players consistently. I'm not a Young fan, I admit it. Some don't like Blair, or Goldsack, or Maxwell. I can understand that people have favorite players and their pet whipping boys (for want of a better term). It's the lack of consistency that grates.

And the fact that we should (apparently) be culling 4-6 players from the team that prior to the game last week as you've indicated many were calling "our best" side for ages.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed May 21, 2014 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I'm sure he'll get his chance when the coaching staff think he's recaptured the fitness needed to go to the next level. Missed a lot of footy though so I'd guess another week or 2 at VFL level before that becomes the reality. Same for Broomhead.

I can understand it but I'm still amazed at the knee jerk reactions of posters calling for massive changes to the senior team following 1 bad performance.

I can totally understand the reaction. We thought that it was the best team we put up so far but they were in reality never in it against Adelaide. It's a bit of a shock when that happens. To then suggest changes to a losing team is logical. Karnezis will be considered I reckon.
However like you, I'm bloody astounded that out of all the players slated for replacement, Clinton Young excapes a mention...... Rolling Eyes He cost us at least three goals that I can remember and was fairly ordinary I thought.

I guess that's we're I'm different then... I thought it was a good side given our current player availability but I don't get into the suggestions about it being "our" best team or the presumptions that we were going to flog the Crows as a consequence. Said from the outset that it was a 50/50 game at best and one that we'd hopefully win. Reality is a bitch ain't it....

But to then turn that into a slam fest against the very same players that people have been lauding following the previous 4 games is so Richmond supporter like it's offensive.

And I'm not having a shot at those posters who question the merit of certain players consistently. I'm not a Young fan, I admit it. Some don't like Blair, or Goldsack, or Maxwell. I can understand that people have favorite players and their pet whipping boys (for want of a better term). It's the lack of consistency that grates.

And the fact that we should (apparently) be culling 4-6 players from the team that prior to the game last week as you've indicated many were calling "our best" side for ages.

A) I meant best available side.

B) I have never called for the culling of 4-6 players or a slam fest. Just suggested that Karnezes may be considered for senior selection, as he will be and that Young's position in the team may be looked at.

C) I said I could well "understand" the frustration, not that I fully agreed with it.

D) I have NEVER found posters here to be always consistent. In fact I have found it to be the exact opposite.

E) I think the Eagles game is a 50/50 game and I'm very nervous.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
A) I meant best available side. Of course you did...

B) I have never called for the culling of 4-6 players or a slam fest. Just suggested that Karnezes may be considered for senior selection, as he will be and that Young's position in the team may be looked at. Never said you did.

C) I said I could well "understand" the frustration, not that I fully agreed with it. Didn't suggest you had.

D) I have NEVER found posters here to be always consistent. In fact I have found it to be the exact opposite. Consistently inconsistent...Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

E) I think the Eagles game is a 50/50 game and I'm very nervous. I agree.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Young seems to be a bit like Goldsack. Not in the way he plays, but after time out he seems to need a few games to find his feet again. Given that he had a couple of weeks out due to the bye/suspension, I'd be hesitant to drop him, especially since he had been very good in the weeks preceeding.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Stupied wrote:
Young seems to be a bit like Goldsack. Not in the way he plays, but after time out he seems to need a few games to find his feet again. Given that he had a couple of weeks out due to the bye/suspension, I'd be hesitant to drop him, especially since he had been very good in the weeks preceeding.

Well he'd been good and his form was probably building each week up till he hurt himself ANZAC day.... very good might be stretching it.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 am

No longer available, he's off to the world cup to play in goal for Greece.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Paddy is heading in the right direction and starting to put pressure on the seniors selected. We had a loss after the bye, let's see if we can bounce back this week. If we drop another game, then we will start making some changes I suspect.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Has 5 just after HT today, if he kicks 7+ he'll be hard to leave out next week.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Finished today with 6 goals.

Had Jake Kolojashnij for the day as an opponent.

Took some nice contested marks, including one which was borderline beastly. Just out bodied his opponent as though he were trash.

He certainly put his hand up...

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Pressing a case. We'll first need to be convinced he's fit enough though.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Straight in. Our forward line is a dead set disgrace.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:39 pm

If Jesse White doesn't kick 3 in this last qtr he has to make way for Karenzis next week. He kicks a goal early every week then goes missing for the rest of the game.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Damien wrote:
If Jesse White doesn't kick 3 in this last qtr he has to make way for Karenzis next week. He kicks a goal early every week then goes missing for the rest of the game.

Promises so much, agile, fast, good mark.

Gives little.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:00 pm

I think he has to come in now. Not sure who for though. I like Grundy & Witts getting plenty of game time together. Maybe White.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:11 pm

I don't think we can keep playing Grundy and Witts together. We're hurting at the clearances and they're not giving a lot around the ground.

It might be that we wait till Reid returns, but I think a Karnezis for Witts move could improve our team. Will wait and see though as it's difficult to tell whether Karnezis is match fit enough just yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: