Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Promote Karnezis ...to the senior team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
3 goals in a 110 point win....not saying much

Plus hes not tall enough to be a key position, hes the same height as pendlebury

Goldsack is still ahead of him, and can swing down back when needed.

Paine was kicking handfuls in the VFL last year, and look where he ended up...

He was the Highest Goal Kicker for us - Does that say much?

thats actually even worse. Nobody else good enough to take kicks away from him.
*sigh*
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Karnezis is not a KPP. He's a medium. And unlike Paine he has the pace and agility to play the role.

His performances at VFL level look to have been good enough. He's missed a lot of footy though and won't be considered until his fitness is at the required level.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
3 goals in a 110 point win....not saying much

Plus hes not tall enough to be a key position, hes the same height as pendlebury

Goldsack is still ahead of him, and can swing down back when needed.

Paine was kicking handfuls in the VFL last year, and look where he ended up...

Not a lot of thought put into that post I would suggest woody.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he take a key position. Just a spot in the forward line. And the Paine comparison is dumb. If you can't get a gig based on VFL form how else do you suggest you get selected.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Damien wrote:
Thanks to all those posters who were at the game yesterday. I respect your view on his performance more than what the website says. I've been pushing Karnezis in this and other threads purely because he's a goal kicker and it's what we are really lacking right now. Since he arrived I've suspected that he is one of those guys who won't get huge numbers but will always kick his 2 goals. He should earn his spot though and if he isn't showing the right attributes with his defensive side and work rate then he might still be a while away.

I actually think he is the kind of guy who could get big numbers of possessions as he really moves like a midfielder/small forward once it's at ground level.

With my slight on his defensive work, I'm prepared to give him the benefit of lack of match fitness. With the injury he had he really couldn't do much and would be a long way off the pace fitness wise.

If the club and coaches aren't happy with his defensive attributes I have no doubt he'll be told what's expected.

I think when he does get in he will add to the side, but right now Goldsack adds so much to the team that he stays, as does Blair and I really just don't see a spot for him. Fasolo would be ahead of him for a small forward and Reid will be ahead of him as a tall. He's going to be one that if he puts it together and we find the spot for him it could be very nice. As someone at the game said to me, a bit like a taller Didak.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Damien wrote:
Thanks to all those posters who were at the game yesterday. I respect your view on his performance more than what the website says. I've been pushing Karnezis in this and other threads purely because he's a goal kicker and it's what we are really lacking right now. Since he arrived I've suspected that he is one of those guys who won't get huge numbers but will always kick his 2 goals. He should earn his spot though and if he isn't showing the right attributes with his defensive side and work rate then he might still be a while away.

I actually think he is the kind of guy who could get big numbers of possessions as he really moves like a midfielder/small forward once it's at ground level.

With my slight on his defensive work, I'm prepared to give him the benefit of lack of match fitness. With the injury he had he really couldn't do much and would be a long way off the pace fitness wise.

If the club and coaches aren't happy with his defensive attributes I have no doubt he'll be told what's expected.

I think when he does get in he will add to the side, but right now Goldsack adds so much to the team that he stays, as does Blair and I really just don't see a spot for him. Fasolo would be ahead of him for a small forward and Reid will be ahead of him as a tall. He's going to be one that if he puts it together and we find the spot for him it could be very nice. As someone at the game said to me, a bit like a taller Didak.

Sounds about right stui. He probably needs at least another 4-6 weeks to build up his fitness before being considered for a senior berth. Still, he sounds promising.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:46 pm

He is a better kick for goal than any of our current forwards, possibly with the exception of Elliot.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:59 pm

I think you could retain Goldsack up forward for his pressure and replace Blair with Karnezis.

He may only get 5 kicks but 2 would be goals.

Would place a bit of scoreboard pressure on the opposition once Reid is back as well. With Witts then being dropped, you'd have reasonable mobility up forward. Blair has only kicked 3 goals this season.

The hope is that he rotates into the midfield eventually.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Damien wrote:

I don't think anyone is suggesting he take a key position. Just a spot in the forward line. And the Paine comparison is dumb. If you can't get a gig based on VFL form how else do you suggest you get selected.

you cant just throw people into the side because they play well in the VFL. you put them into the side if they are playing better then people in the same position, in the Senior Side.

I seriously think you havent put any thought into your post.

And in relation to rating him as a KPP player, there is other people on this site whoe believe he is...

jackcass wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
premiership year

Cloke/dawes/l brown/jolly/n brown/presti/reid/maxwell/Anthony/Fraser/okeefe = 10 talls

2014 Season

Grundy/Maxwell/Witts/Brown/White/Lynch/Keeffe/Cloke/Frost/Reid = 10 talls

2015 Season

Grundy/Witts/Brown/White/Keeffe/Cloke/Frost/Reid/scharenberg = 9 Talls

We are actually 1 Tall short for next year, with the retirement of Maxxy and Lynch will most likely be gawn.

Both Reid's can Swing back and forward.
How many times last year did we say "wish we could keep reid back, and put him forward"
Now we can!!

That assumes Maxy retires and that we don't draft Moore. Also doesn't assume Marsh has any development. And you include Scharenberg but exclude Karnezis and Oxley... just a tad flawed.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:14 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Karnezis is not a KPP. He's a medium. And unlike Paine he has the pace and agility to play the role.

His performances at VFL level look to have been good enough. He's missed a lot of footy though and won't be considered until his fitness is at the required level.

Yep, this. Coming off OP so they'll be patient with him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:25 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
Damien wrote:

you cant just throw people into the side because they play well in the VFL. you put them into the side if they are playing better then people in the same position, in the Senior Side.

I seriously think you havent put any thought into your post.

And in relation to rating him as a KPP player, there is other people on this site whoe believe he is...

jackcass wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
premiership year

Cloke/dawes/l brown/jolly/n brown/presti/reid/maxwell/Anthony/Fraser/okeefe = 10 talls

2014 Season

Grundy/Maxwell/Witts/Brown/White/Lynch/Keeffe/Cloke/Frost/Reid = 10 talls

2015 Season

Grundy/Witts/Brown/White/Keeffe/Cloke/Frost/Reid/scharenberg = 9 Talls

We are actually 1 Tall short for next year, with the retirement of Maxxy and Lynch will most likely be gawn.

Both Reid's can Swing back and forward.
How many times last year did we say "wish we could keep reid back, and put him forward"
Now we can!!

That assumes Maxy retires and that we don't draft Moore. Also doesn't assume Marsh has any development. And you include Scharenberg but exclude Karnezis and Oxley... just a tad flawed.

No, I said you'd included Scharenberg but hadn't included Karnezis or Oxley who are essentially the same height/type. Didn't say anywhere that any of the 3 are actually KPP/talls in the context you were discussing.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:47 am

Patty is three times the player Adams will ever be,having said I won't mind we give him one more run in the magoos.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:04 pm

For information, the Coach's comment on him:

33. Patrick Karnezis
Statistics: 15 kicks, 7 marks, 6 handballs, 21 possessions, 0 clearances, 3 inside 50s, 0 rebound 50s, 2 tackles
Dale Tapping Says: Again, like Broomhead, Patrick is getting some continuity with his football now. His ability to find space and hit the scoreboard is certainly a strength of his game. We just have to keep putting him in positions where he can gain more conditioning.

See http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-05-21/vfl-tappings-player-review
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Been out a long time so I am suspect on his match fitness

BOG against very poor opposition ok good

Is he doing the defensive running, the 1% ers is what I want to know

and is he running out games

expect he needs a few more weeks of elite VFL performances before he is right to come up and show his best.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm sure he'll get his chance when the coaching staff think he's recaptured the fitness needed to go to the next level. Missed a lot of footy though so I'd guess another week or 2 at VFL level before that becomes the reality. Same for Broomhead.

I can understand it but I'm still amazed at the knee jerk reactions of posters calling for massive changes to the senior team following 1 bad performance.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
I'm sure he'll get his chance when the coaching staff think he's recaptured the fitness needed to go to the next level. Missed a lot of footy though so I'd guess another week or 2 at VFL level before that becomes the reality. Same for Broomhead.

I can understand it but I'm still amazed at the knee jerk reactions of posters calling for massive changes to the senior team following 1 bad performance.

I can totally understand the reaction. We thought that it was the best team we put up so far but they were in reality never in it against Adelaide. It's a bit of a shock when that happens. To then suggest changes to a losing team is logical. Karnezis will be considered I reckon.
However like you, I'm bloody astounded that out of all the players slated for replacement, Clinton Young excapes a mention...... Rolling Eyes He cost us at least three goals that I can remember and was fairly ordinary I thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: