Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How long can Hardwick survive now?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Tigers Keep Him
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:51 am

I suspect that either Hardwick has lost the players or he's gameplan has been figured out by other sides which worked so well last year. The Richmond side hasn't changed that dramatically in the past twelve months so clearly it's either the players or the coach who are at fault.

If Richmond doesn't show any fight or spirit from now on you suspect he'll be removed from his coaching duties sooner rather than later. It's been five years since he's been appointed so he should be delivering on the club's expectations by now of being a contender for a flag.

Despite Hardwick being a part of Richmond's problems at the moment I sense that there's deeper problems within the club such as it's poor recruiting of recycled players which included players such as Shaun Grigg, Troy Chaplin and Shaun Hampson which would come down to it's recruiter and the Tigers ongoing cultural problem it's been experiencing since the early 1980s.

I also suspect that Richmond's high expectations for this season has made them crumble under the weight of the pressure they've been experiencing. I never thought they were a great side last year despite finishing 5th in the Home and Away season. Just look at the way they choked against Carlton in the Elimination Final.

Either way Richmond is a club close to crisis if it isn't already as we speak.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:55 am

Not Hardwicks fault. He's a good coach. They flew into finals last year on the back of an easy draw and huge momentum. Gave them an unrealistic picture of their reality and the players thought they just had to turn up again this year to play finals. Bottomed out at the worst possible time when the 2 new franchise teams got all the top kids so their early picks weren't the level you'd normally get. Their top up recycled players from other sides eg: Grigg petard Hampson are very average. I doubt they'd pull the trigger on Hardwick this year but their history of sacking coaches ain't pretty.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:51 am

Hardwick is toast, the tiges sack coaches like they change their undies, hes gone. I reckon they might look at Worsfold, whom I heard yesterday is open to coaching again, and wants to come to Melbourne.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hardwick is toast, the tiges sack coaches like they change their undies, hes gone. I reckon they might look at Worsfold, whom I heard yesterday is open to coaching again, and wants to come to Melbourne.

In the 1980s, the amount of sackings that Richmond had was phenomenal but Richmond's only had three coaches since 2000 so the idea that the Tigers sack their coaches frequently isn't correct if we're talking about their coaching records since we entered the 21st century. Since 2000, Richmond's coaches have had at least four years as coach so they've been given time to deliver but they've failed. Frawley and Wallace failed, but it remains to be seen what happens to Hardwick in the future.

Danny Frawley - 2000 to 2004
Terry Wallace - 2005 to 2009
Damien Hardwick - 2010 to now

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Jezza wrote:

Frawley, Wallace and Hardwick. Now there's a trio of coaching incompetents if ever there was one. Laughing

Hardwick is actually the best of a bad bunch. Wallace was more interested in his solarium and Frawley was an absolute muppet - one of the worst coaches ever in the history of top level footy. You can hear he still has no idea in the commentary box. His mantra is punch the ball - yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

collie dog wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Frawley, Wallace and Hardwick. Now there's a trio of coaching incompetents if ever there was one. Laughing

Hardwick is actually the best of a bad bunch. Wallace was more interested in his solarium and Frawley was an absolute muppet - one of the worst coaches ever in the history of top level footy. You can hear he still has no idea in the commentary box. His mantra is punch the ball - yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

Ok kids, test your IQ and see the pattern above. Will Hardwick survive after this year? Correct answer gets a smart ass comment from yours truly.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:30 am

Big T wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Ok kids, test your IQ and see the pattern above. Will Hardwick survive after this year? Correct answer gets a smart ass comment from yours truly.

2014! Razz Razz Razz Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: