Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Eagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13. Taylor Adams
Statistics: 17 kicks, 9 marks, 20 handballs, 37 disposals, 7 clearances, 3 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 8 tackles
Dale Tapping Says: High intensity and high work rate. His transition to and from the contest was excellent and he certainly pushed his case for senior footy.

That just screams out PICK ME

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-05-20/vfl-tappings-player-review

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Sidey has a technical flaw with his field kicking. In my opinion it contributes greatly to his lower than usual efficiency.
Watch him closely next game. He doesn't drop the ball calmly on to his boot. He almost forces it down & actually has the ball spinning before it hits his boot. It is just adding to something else that can go wrong at disposal. With the ball spinning it can sometimes not make contact with the foot at the right place.
I have pointed this out to my Mrs for a couple of years. The ball should drop down on to the foot without any rotation of the football before you kick it. The rotation isn't big, it's just enough to throw things out.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
13. Taylor Adams
Statistics: 17 kicks, 9 marks, 20 handballs, 37 disposals, 7 clearances, 3 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 8 tackles
Dale Tapping Says: High intensity and high work rate. His transition to and from the contest was excellent and he certainly pushed his case for senior footy.

It certainly makes a statement DTM so who goes out for him ?
Plus I would like to see a player from the VFL put together 2 or more great games to demand selection. One game against some mediocre side doesn't make compelling inclusion to me.
Glad to see him playing well hope he demands bucks to select him with more strong performances
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I am glad to see him playing well hope he demands bucks to select him with more strong performances too.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

mattys123′s Match Preview Round 10 – Collingwood vs West Coast is up on the site

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1487

cheers Matt

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:39 pm
Post subject: NoReply with quote

I have said before on here that a few good games in the VFL should not mean you should be elevated to the AFL senior side. Reasons:

1. VFL is a pussy standard compared to the AFL Big League

2. Seniority works in the public service so it should also apply to Club selections. You do your time and wait your turn. Just like ALP preselections. Talent is irrelevant

3. We need to adhere to long standing Club traditions which do not promote players without more time in the seconds and their seniority.

4. We have a good team that is winning this year. Lets not disturb it with rookies.

5. Rookies need to be protected by more senior players. This can distract from our game plan and key positions needing to keep focus.

6. Experimenting with youth is dangerous. Big men win Premierships, not kids with potential.

7. We have tried playing Tasmanians before and it never works out..

8. Fans do not know how to select players unless they have had coaching experience. I coached a side once so I know.

9. In Bucks we trust. If Bucks reckons these rookies are ready then he will select them. Lets stop trying to put pressure on him through this site by posting puerile stuff about why players should get a game when we don't have all the facts.

10. And remember we don't select players because they train well in summer and look ok on the track. We select on the basis of the right stuff.

Az 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Dropping Tooves is laughable. He might not be firing 100% but he has absolutely toweled Darling up in past match-ups. Is a lock in. As for Adams, a solid performance against a bad VFL side isn't going to bring him back from that horrid performance he put in the seniors not long ago. I get he was played in a back flank out of position, but he made some extremely poor skill errors that scream he wasn't up to the pace of it that night. In my opinion he is going to have to put more than a few blinders in the magoos to warrant redemption for that.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 pm

I agree. Last weeks VFL result & form should be largely ignored. Bendigo would struggle to beat some of the better suburban sides.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:44 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
13. Taylor Adams

It certainly makes a statement DTM so who goes out for him ?
Plus I would like to see a player from the VFL put together 2 or more great games to demand selection. One game against some mediocre side doesn't make compelling inclusion to me.
Glad to see him playing well hope he demands bucks to select him with more strong performances

Dwyer could easily make way but I would not have Adams as Sub

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:30 am

woftam wrote:
Sidey has a technical flaw with his field kicking. In my opinion it contributes greatly to his lower than usual efficiency.
Watch him closely next game. He doesn't drop the ball calmly on to his boot. He almost forces it down & actually has the ball spinning before it hits his boot. It is just adding to something else that can go wrong at disposal. With the ball spinning it can sometimes not make contact with the foot at the right place.
I have pointed this out to my Mrs for a couple of years. The ball should drop down on to the foot without any rotation of the football before you kick it. The rotation isn't big, it's just enough to throw things out.

Yep, I've always said it, he forces the ball onto the boot and that ridiculous spin in his drop is well, ridiculous, he can be a pretty good kick at times but he's very inconsistent, I remember a while back he went around 6 weeks without hitting a target.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:07 pm

And yet, he's still in the first 5 picked, every week. What must those coaches be thinking?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
And yet, he's still in the first 5 picked, every week. What must those coaches be thinking?

I don't think he's in the first 5 picked, I actually think he's been close to getting dropped at stages over the last 2 years.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Has had a couple of shockers over the last couple of years but is improving his consistency. I'd doubt he's been close to getting dropped though.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:09 pm

He's always been fairly consistent, but he went through a phase in 2012 when his foot skills went to absolute shit, went on for weeks, if Adams can't get a game because of lack of foot skills then sids must have been very close to getting dropped.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Macaffa had an ordinary game, 10 disposals @20%DE with 5 clangers, Makes me wonder if he was playing hurt, I predict no changes this week, just the swap of Subs, Dwyer in-Blair out.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: