Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Eagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to get enthused by our VFl's prospects form after they basically had a bye.
Adams was nowhere near our best despite what some people will tell you, JT's cramp will most likely end up being a 3 months injury, Patty and Broomy will need another good showing to be considered for selection, Armstrong;s good showing was just a mirage while Huddo and Martin need something extraordinary to happen to get a game, Rambo might be considered due to Weagles talls.
And you've got to laugh at the braniacs questioning Sidey's spot in the side when he's been in or close to our best 5 players in all bar one game this year.

Out: Blair, Witts

In Brown, Fasolo

Heritier "best preseason three years in a row" is on notice.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:55 am

Beast have you taken your optomistic pills again?!? Razz

Maybe bring in Brown for Keefe, otherwise status quo. The team will be dissapointed with themselves on that game, especially that they were out worked, and bounce back with a great game against the Eagles.
Big opourtunity lost (we could've been equal 2nd instead of equal 7th) but we're heading in the right direction.

- Ben
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:35 am

Harsh mate, plenty of things are wrong with me but my eyesight can not be questioned.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 am

[quote="Beast"]
And you've got to laugh at the braniacs questioning Sidey's spot in the side when he's been in or close to our best 5 players in all bar one game.

Beast to many giving votes just look and say "oh gee sidey had 23 and got 115 dream team points he must have been good" truth is its his use of the ball which is in question and his lack of defensive pressure.
He is standing outside getting the ball which is part of his job but the main part is to use it to our advantage. That is we're the problem lays.
I rate him very highly it this season he has been far from what is capable of.
He looks under pressure every time he uses it. It's catch it kick or handball it as quick as possible without looking. Cheap stats is what it is.
He needs to use it much better.
He won't get dropped like I said earlier my point ws bucks or Harvey need to make his aware his disposal is well below expectation.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:34 am

No, he won't get dropped. All the rest is noise.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 pm

MattyD wrote:
Thursday night was an aberration. With such a young and new team, we're going to get that.

And you can't dismiss the signs of the development of a good football side over the past month or so. It's coming.

I expect it will be business as usual next Saturday.

And you'd think the Eagles will be slightly underdone coming off the Bye.

Pies by 38 pts.

I wouldn't be so dismissive. Crows did their homework and shut us down. Yes the bye might work in our favour but some teams come out refreshed and play accordingly... what we'll get from the Weagles is anyones guess.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

He is standing outside getting the ball which is part of his job

If this is what people think Sidey does, they must only watch the game in a two metre box around the ball. The fact is he works as hard, probably harder, than any player on our team. His running capacity is excellent and is what allows him to play the role he does, despite a lack of real pace.

And his disposal? I can only think those who question him are going on appearance. At times he looks scrappy, because, when under pressure, he chooses to go for quick kicks rather than handballs more often than not, and yes, he is more of a chipper than a driver, but terrible his disposal is not. Sidebottom is one of our better short kicks and has for a long time been one of our best deliverers into the forward line. His efficiency (not a great stat, I know) is usually up in the 70s, though admittedly it was down against Adelaide. On performances this year, he's in our top 5 players (top 10 if you wanted to be very harsh), so no, he's not close to being dropped.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Mon May 19, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Yep, I agree. And I've been one of the loudest critics of the ebb and flow of his disposal. It can be frustrating but that doesn't deminish what he does bring to the side, even if his DE drops for periods of games.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon May 19, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Natanotdo much on the box over here tonight claiming "look out Pies We're coming for a big scalp" Funny, he'd be battling to get a kick in a stampede and he's mouthin'off Smile
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:27 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

He is standing outside getting the ball which is part of his job

If this is what people think Sidey does, they must only watch the game in a two metre box around the ball. The fact is he works as hard, probably harder, than any player on our team. His running capacity is excellent and is what allows him to play the role he does, despite a lack of real pace.

And his disposal? I can only think those who question him are going on appearance. At times he looks scrappy, because, when under pressure, he chooses to go for quick kicks rather than handballs more often than not, and yes, he is more of a chipper than a driver, but terrible his disposal is not. Sidebottom is one of our better short kicks and has for a long time been one of our best deliverers into the forward line. His efficiency (not a great stat, I know) is usually up in the 70s, though admittedly it was down against Adelaide. On performances this year, he's in our top 5 players (top 10 if you wanted to be very harsh), so no, he's not close to being dropped.

Collingwood [Game by Game]

2014 Player Information
22 Sidebottom, Steele
Games 8
Kicks 130
Marks 44
Handbills 64
Total disposals 194
Average per game 24.25
Goals 5
Behinds 10  
Goal accuracy 33%
Tackles 11
Clearances 4
Inside 50's 22
Hit outs 0
Kicking efficiency 53.1%

17 Beams, Dayne
Games 8
Kicks 130
Marks 28
Handbills 97
Total disposals 227
Average per game 28.38
Goals 11
Behinds 6  
Goal accuracy 65.68%
Tackles 59
Clearances 34
Inside 50's 67
Hit outs 0
Kicking efficiency 68.8%

Both drafted same year. Sidey has more overall games as Beamer missed a large chunk on 2013 but basically the same experience.
Now looking at the pure stats for the year which player is more valuable or more importantly which player has been consistent and used the ball better.

I never said sidey was no good and should be dropped I said as a player of his ability he has been very disappointing this year. The stats show he is barely above 50% efficiency using the ball and in front of goal is a one in three chance of kicking goals (given he missed 3 from less than 30 out in one game)
I hold sidey in high regard but I expect him to be a lot better than he has. He doesn't win his own ball much so when he team mates get it he needs to use it very well.
Sidey and Beamer play different roles for the side granted but both are so valuable to what we do.
Defensively it's a no brainer sidey has made 11 tackles Beamer 59. Whilst sidey may run around a lot he isn't actually doing much when you see the stats.
Sidey isn't our worst player this season by a long way I'm more disappointed in Swanny as I expect so muc more of him and when his down it shows like it did last Thursday night.
My point is we can't afford to have very good players not performing to there biliary when we are such a young side.

Inky respect to your opinion but I see it differently.
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:11 am

This is an absolutely massive game for us. We have to bounce back from last weeks loss and make a statement that we aren't a team that others can just single out as their "grand final" and expect to win.
The crows targeted last weeks game as their "grand final" and we folded.....
The same cannot happen this week

slydog81 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:28 am

We need to get the matchups right this week.

I think Brown should come in for Keefe and Faz or Karnezis up fwd to give us another flanker lead up the ground.

Probably could use Adams or JT winning some contested ball as well.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 am

slydog81 wrote:

I think Brown should come in for Keefe and Faz or Karnezis up fwd to give us another flanker lead up the ground.

It all very well to say you want players A, B and C in the team. But you need to say who comes out of the 22. I'd also like the players you mention in the side. But I can't think of too many that should come out, without losing team balance. It will be interesting selection week.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:17 am

Nic Nat is talking the eagles up, good ! time to hurt these yellow feathered ferrett sandgropers!

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am

melliot wrote:
slydog81 wrote:

It all very well to say you want players A, B and C in the team. But you need to say who comes out of the 22. I'd also like the players you mention in the side. But I can't think of too many that should come out, without losing team balance. It will be interesting selection week.

Outs: Keeffe, Blair, Toovey and Ball

Ins: Brown, Thomas, Adams, Fasolo

That gives us more pace in the midfield and strength in defence.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: