Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Eagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
If we were not playing west coast Id be looking to add more runners at the expense of either Grundy, Witts or White. As it is we will need both Rucks so it could be that White comes out for a Karnesis. Wont happen. White is lucky Reid is not available though this week.

Brown comes in for Keffe if he plays well on the week-end. No point having the depth if we dont make the change after a loss so that every player is playing for their position every week.

We need Josh Thomas in the side. He is under rated and really important to our midfield depth as a is a genuine two way runner.

Well if we dropped White, Grundy and Witts we would lose by 10+ Goals

Dave your gonna have to learn to read the full sentence.
I said EITHER Grundy, Witts or White.

I also qualified that by saying if we were playing any other team as the Eagles have been playing 2-3 rucks. Hence the change may have to be White who has had 2 ordinary games.

Okay Sorry about that.

Well going by last Night then I would drop Witts but I think White could be Replaced by Karnezis

I doubt that will be happening White had a crack , there were a lot worse than him.

Yep.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:19 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Out:Witts
In:Brown

Out:Blair
In:Fasolo

Out:Toovey
In:Thomas

Out:Ball
In:Adams

Keeffe gets a stay of execution and will play forward and second ruck along with White to help out Grundy.

Thought Blair & Ball were among our best so can't see them being dropped, Toovey will be better for the run, and Witts probably our most effective forward until subbed. And you let Young off... has Jack Spain hacked your account?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm not interested in who was in our best I'm interested in who could make us better.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:52 pm

OUT: Blair, Sidebottom, Ball, Keeffe
IN: Martin, Fasolo, Thomas, Brown

I don't care how we do it, Martin comes into this side. Shoot Armstrong into the sun with a cannon, LTI list the Q-Stick, fire Blair for chronic shortness, whatever. No more excuses. Kid adds another goal kicking option to our woeful forward line.

Fasolo in. Enough said. Sidebottom has been chronically overrated for a long time and has been either abysmal or ordinary the majority of the season so far. Time to send a message.

Sorry Bally, I love you, but you're not getting any younger or quicker. We need JT or Adams in, and JT has first call on your spot.

And Lachie Keeffe, get used to playing at Victoria Park. Your days in the seniors are over for the foreseeable future. Welcome back, Rambo.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Martin still makes no sense to me. From what he's shown in the seniors so far, he can get on the end of it and score a goal as long as no one's paying much attention, but will not improve our team. He's an inside mid, not a forward, and there's no spot for him.

And you missed the obvious forward if you want one: Fas. Someone who can actually create not just finish.

Sidebottom's omission is laughable. Not even close to happening.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Big call to bring in Adams or Thomas for Ball. Both need to do more if they're going to take his spot. So far they are nothing like as competitive in close. Would be very surprised if they both played, too similar, we need some rangier types. I say make Adams and Thomas earn their spot, they'll be better players for it.

I have no worries over Adams and his ability to win the hard ball.

He'll thrive playing the Ball role IMO.

Ball will always give you his all but he's slow and lacks penetration with his kicking.

It's not just about winning the hard ball. If he replaces Ball he becomes our midfield general. Needs to do more before he's given that responsibility.

Has to show his worth by playing a ripper as the secondary inside mid, and he's not done that yet. Same with Thomas. One was even given a chance as the number 1 insider when Ball was sub (Adams?), but didn't take the opportunity. They're behind Ball until they prove otherwise, you don't just toss Ball aside because the other blokes are younger and can kick further, they need to play better.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:18 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Martin still makes no sense to me. From what he's shown in the seniors so far, he can get on the end of it and score a goal as long as no one's paying much attention, but will not improve our team. He's an inside mid, not a forward, and there's no spot for him.

And you missed the obvious forward if you want one: Fas. Someone who can actually create not just finish.

Sidebottom's omission is laughable. Not even close to happening.

Do you even watch our reserves? Martin is dangerous when he plays forward, opponent or no opponent. He plays the position of small forward much better than Blair does. He plays inside mid just as good as he does small forward.

Fasolo is more important to our defence. Our ability to bring the ball out of the backline last night was woeful. His class down there has been a breath of fresh air.

Sidebottom's omission laughable? He hasn't been that good!

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Brown, Thomas both in, at least, maybe taylor adams too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Brown, Thomas both in, at least, maybe taylor adams too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 pm
Post subject: yesReply with quote

I am predicting a 7 goal victory . Up yours Carlton.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 pm

I've given Sidebottom a huge spray on here but he won't be dropped. But if I was in the coaches boots I would be putting together a lowlights package of his disposals. No point in getting so many soft touches standing on the outside watching team mates get it to you then butcher it.
Let him know in no uncertain terms if there isn't a huge improvement then his spot is on the line.
Keefe is gone for Brown if brown can complete a full game and show form.
Thomas to be included somewhere possible for Blair
Witts and Grundy will be needed to contest against Cox
I can't see us making more than 2 maybe 3 changes at most injury permitting.
Cloke confidence is so far down its scarey. I would tell him to just run up and back to the wing kill glass with his aerobic capacity and see if he can't just get some confidence from getting marks up the ground.
Play white & Elliott deep and see if Elliott can't stand on a few heads 30 out as he is just about our best kick in front of goal.
I wouldn't be resting beams or Swanny on the bench to much rest them forward. They are smart and can kick goal and beams tackling could produce a valuable turn over for us.
I think this is a big game for a few players with several knocking on the door to get in.
Be interesting to see who we send to Kennedy really.
If cox goes forward we could be stretched a bit so brown needs to be played to give frosty and Langdon some guidance.
Thinking about it in the cold light of day I think our players went to the bye happy at 5-2 and may not have been mentally ready for a crows side so embarrassed last start and having to see and read about it daily for nearly 2 weeks.
The crows where relentless and played very well we were terrible and we lost by 20 odd so not as bad as it may seem in reality.

On our home patch and knowing we couldn't play that bad again I'm happily looking forward to this game.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am

Well said Qldmagpie67 .

Give Cloke a run on the wing to try & get some confidence back .

I haven't seen anything in Karnesis to promote him to the seniors .

We surely couldn't display such poor skills again - could we ?

GO PIES
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm not interested in who was in our best I'm interested in who could make us better.

I'm all for long term development but the replacements need to be showing something to deserve promotion rather than implementing change just because the team had an ordinary game which was out of character with recent performances.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:09 pm

A bit early to call for changes on the back of 1 game.

Toovs, Maxwell and Young all looked rusty and Keefe let his opponent get under his skin.

They'll all put in a a better performance next week.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:42 pm

After the VFL today;

In: Adams (BOG), Brown, Fasolo (maybe Thomas as well)
Out: Keeffe, Blair, Dwyer

Hard to find who to leave out after Keeffe for mine, but I'd make those 3 ins somehow.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: