Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Eagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
Reckon young might have to watch his back when the seed gets fully fit, no reason we can't play both if they're inform though.

Thought he should have received more scrutiny after his game against the Crows, thought he was our worst player.

Macaffa was our worst, spent all night around the ball and got absolutely hammered, and when he did get it he £$%$ed it up 4 out of 5 times, if he did a half decent job on Danger we win.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 am

Glad the selectors didn't listen to half of this forum, otherwise we'd have a VFL side in tis week.

The changes made are justified and bring on Saturday!

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:34 am

Brenny wrote:
Glad the selectors didn't listen to half of this forum, otherwise we'd have a VFL side in tis week.

The changes made are justified and bring on Saturday!

I'm not happy about Dwyer being dropped, he's one of our best run and carry merchants, and when we run and carry we're dangerous.

Gotta say, would Bucks be happy with a nill all draw? He's so into stopping goals has he forgotten we have to score them as well? I don't like our balance at all, especially seeing he rates forwards on their defensive pressure over offensive acts.

FMD, why don't we just recruit defenders and hope for the odd goal?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:33 am

Surprisingly conservative changes given last week's performance, but sensible enough. Brown for Keeffe is obvious (though I hope Lachlan will be back soon), and Dwyer for Fasolo is tough but quite logical. Good to see Buckley not overreacting to one bad loss.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:43 am

omg press red for ed is back? this is best news for long timeee
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 am

I haven't read through the whole thread so apologies if this has been discussed, but now we know the faz is back and our back line is pretty full, will we see him line up forward on sat?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:42 am

David wrote:
Surprisingly conservative changes given last week's performance, but sensible enough. Brown for Keeffe is obvious (though I hope Lachlan will be back soon), and Dwyer for Fasolo is tough but quite logical. Good to see Buckley not overreacting to one bad loss.

On the back of one bad game I would have been quite happy with "No Change" this week. Think Dwyer is very stiff, got hardly any game time last round and was our best the game before against the Blues until he went off.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
David wrote:

On the back of one bad game I would have been quite happy with "No Change" this week. Think Dwyer is very stiff, got hardly any game time last round and was our best the game before against the Blues until he went off.

Disagree but doing it politely for a change!! I think Keefe lost a fair bit of confidence last week and a spell in the reserves will do him a world of good.
And just like with Adams who I strongly suggested before the season should play at least 1/2 season in the reserves before playing seniors (for which I got howled down unmercifully here by the usual know alls), Keefe will be back better and stronger. Brown deserves his chance to impress.
As for Dwyer, I fully agree with you that he is unlucky. However if and when we have a full list to choose from, I will name you at least 6-7 players who will be very unlucky not to be picked in the seniors....... Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
David wrote:

Disagree but doing it politely for a change!! I think Keefe lost a fair bit of confidence last week and a spell in the reserves will do him a world of good.
And just like with Adams who I strongly suggested before the season should play at least 1/2 season in the reserves before playing seniors (for which I got howled down unmercifully here by the usual know alls), Keefe will be back better and stronger. Brown deserves his chance to impress.
As for Dwyer, I fully agree with you that he is unlucky. However if and when we have a full list to choose from, I will name you at least 6-7 players who will be very unlucky not to be picked in the seniors....... Rolling Eyes

I don't know about Keefe, but Keeffe is in the leadership group and I doubt that's because he has a tendancy toward being a sook. His form hasn't been brilliant all season and he was poor against the Crows, hence I didn't try to suggest he was unlucky. Brown returning from injury deserves a senior place and Keeffe's form isn't as good as Frost so it's a no brainer.

And I agree we'll have some very handy footballers running around in the VFL if we continue to get them back from injury but Dwyer's form has been significantly better than Fasolo's so can't see the justification. If it's a fitness issue with his knee then why is he playing VFL? I would have been far more accepting of a Young - Fasolo swap.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Faz might play forward though?

We defintely need forward options..I though Karny was half a chance this week.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:17 pm

slydog81 wrote:
Faz might play forward though?

We defintely need forward options..I though Karny was half a chance this week.

Agreed but word is he is working the dodgems in the Rye foreshore! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:48 pm

jackcass wrote:
David wrote:

Agreed. Is a good ball user and decision maker. Likes the MCG too

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I'm worried our side looks a bit slow. We should be getting Dwyer, Adams, Thomas and maybe Sinclair into our side asap.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:03 pm

How stiff is Dwyer? Good ins but really disappointed for Sammy. Not one who should've made way imo.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: