Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2014 NFL thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats lead 14:0 but Tom has just thrown an INT deep in Colts territory.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
OEP wrote:
Poor old P4S will be in the fetal position about now.

Actually, this is why I love the NFL. If it was Collingwood, I wouldn't be able to eat, drink or speak for days. Whereas, here, I'm a little disappointed, a fair bit angry but reasonably sanguine about it.

As for the game, special teams defence needs some work after giving up that hopeless first TD and then fumbling the onside kick. That said, I thought Coach was poor today. With the game on the line, I thought the Pack needed just one first down to run Seattle out of time. Instead, he tried to run the clock down but Lacy was done by that stage. Best QB in the NFL and the team didn't trust him to try to win it. Yes, I know that No 4 would probably have thrown a game-losing INT at that point - but at least he would have ignored the coach and tried to score the winning TD. So would Joe Cool have done. Which is why, when all is said and done, they remain the best QBs to watch in the history of the game.

Yeah I hear what your saying a lot went wrong for the Packers during the final half of the final quarter but to give the Chop Blockers credit, and I won't do that unless I feel I REALLY have to, they really upped the ante During that period of the game and the Packers choked, there really is no other way of putting it.

As you said the game was there to be won and the Packers coaches decided to take the ball out of their best players hands. They needed one maybe two first downs to win the game and the coaches played the clock with Seattle still having all 3 time outs left. Confusing strategy.

On your point about the NFL vs AFL feelings, I used to be the same but with the way the AFL has changed the game, the Swans bottomless salary cap, the Essendon saga and other issues I'm now ho hum about Collingwood after a loss or before a big game whereas I stress before a 9ers game and mighty shitty after a loss (I've been pretty shitty this year).

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
OEP wrote:
Poor old P4S will be in the fetal position about now.

Actually, this is why I love the NFL. If it was Collingwood, I wouldn't be able to eat, drink or speak for days. Whereas, here, I'm a little disappointed, a fair bit angry but reasonably sanguine about it.

As for the game, special teams defence needs some work after giving up that hopeless first TD and then fumbling the onside kick. That said, I thought Coach was poor today. With the game on the line, I thought the Pack needed just one first down to run Seattle out of time. Instead, he tried to run the clock down but Lacy was done by that stage. Best QB in the NFL and the team didn't trust him to try to win it. Yes, I know that No 4 would probably have thrown a game-losing INT at that point - but at least he would have ignored the coach and tried to score the winning TD. So would Joe Cool have done. Which is why, when all is said and done, they remain the best QBs to watch in the history of the game.

I agree. Watching a spent Lacey burn through three snaps in that position was puzzling. As I said in an earlier post, it all went to crap with skills and coaching after they allowed a TD when Seattle was 3rd down and 31.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Pats now lead 31:7 and will go to the Super Bowl. About 3 minutes to go in the third.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Three quarter time. Pats lead 38:7.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Now 45:7.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 pm

About time to put Brady into cotton wool. 10 minutes to go and the Pats' lead was game-winning about two or three TDs back.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:59 pm

So, the Seahawks will plat the Pats in the Superbowl. In Arizona. Is that the only way the Vincent Lombardi Trophy will ever get to the Cardinals' home town?
Magpiebill 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Laughing Get on the Patriots people. The old firm is back!

Belichick is now the winningest coach in post-season games (passing Cowboys legend Tom Landry), and Tom Brady is the first QB to play in six Superbowls.

Seattle got the job done, but were mighty lucky to overcome their sluggish start. Play like that in Superbowl XLIX and the scoreline will be ugly.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:28 am

Still can't believe that Packers loss. So many missed opportunities. Like that last intercept where the player who caught it decided to slide to the ground rather than run it up the field where he had so much space he could have scored himself or at least gotten well into the Seahawks territory. I think after that was when they tried to use Lacey three snaps in a row and they went backwards.
And poor old Bostick.... Never live that one down.

I wasn't old enough to remember late seventies and early eighties Pies grand final losses but I would imagine Packers fans would feel the same as our supporters back then.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:55 am

The Pro Bowl is on free to air TV on Monday,12 pm, AEDST.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Is there a game on ? I assumed the season was over and that's why the media has flooded the American airwaves with "deflategate" or "deflatriots" (my personal favorite).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Team Irvin leads Team Carter 19:20 (or vice versa) at halftime in the Pro Bowl. Watching Jordy Nelson catch a go-ahead TD throw one week late just now made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:11 pm

One of the teams leads the other by 4 with 2 minutes to go. The trailing team has Andy Dalton at QB. Really, where's Kenny Anderson when you need him?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Most important thing to happen during today's coverage was confirmation (for me, who hadn't heard the news previously) that Cris Collinsworth is going to be part of the team calling the Superbowl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 29 of 32   

Jump to: