Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grundy and/or Langdon stiffed again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
So did we make the Right Choice of Passing on Aish for Scharenberg who had a Bad Foot?

Time will tell, but I think we did. Hine & Rendell would have done their homework on both boys.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm

^^You really think it's too early to tell? Wink
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Absolutely not. It is clear we should have chosen Aish based on his one game of league football and Scharenberg's zero games. A sample size bigger than this would be completely irrational.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Using this criteria we should have closed up shop after the loss to Freo in round one and started playing the kids in preparation for next year. It was obvious that as far as 2014 was concerned we were finished.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So did we make the Right Choice of Passing on Aish for Scharenberg who had a Bad Foot?

Clubs over looked Stevie Johnson due to what proved to be short term injuries. The Geelong Football clubs send its thanks to all concerned.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 pm

You caught me on a wildly grumpy morning Dave! But I do stand by the intent, if not the delivery, of what I said. Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if you had a bf style "Dave's random thoughts on Grundy" thread, but seriously?

We all know that the Grundog is looking very likely, but he's a kid learning his trade. He doesn't have second year blues despite the fact that he's hardly set the world on fire this year - in fact I'm pretty sure that you have postulated both these scenarios in this forum in the past few weeks. However, he is providing a very serviceable option in ruck with the support of big man Witts and is at the very least breaking even in that sense.

He was okay against the Dons, but even Witts got more supercoach points with 3 less possies, less hitouts and no goal. How you can compare this against Aish, who got 144 supercoach points, around the same as Swan!

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^You really think it's too early to tell? Wink

Ok fair point. I have seen a picture of Scharenberg at training once & everything points to him being a dud.

BUGGER Laughing
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 pm

DTM probably confused Shezza with Armstrong............ Rolling Eyes
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Yes. We have so many good midfielders that excellent youngsters like Adams, Dwyer, Martin, Kennedy, and Broomhead can't get a look in. What would have been the point in wasting a high draft pick on a player who would be battling to make our starting 22?

Scharenberg, on the other hand, fills a genuine hole in our side. If he works out as expected, he will be a Jimmy Clement type, a defender with great disposal who can play medium-tall or small, or even take a turn in the middle. Would have loved to get Aish even so, but so would lots of other clubs, and he was long gone when our second pick came around.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Yes. We have so many good midfielders that excellent youngsters like Adams, Dwyer, Martin, Kennedy, and Broomhead can't get a look in. What would have been the point in wasting a high draft pick on a player who would be battling to make our starting 22?

Scharenberg, on the other hand, fills a genuine hole in our side. If he works out as expected, he will be a Jimmy Clement type, a defender with great disposal who can play medium-tall or small, or even take a turn in the middle. Would have loved to get Aish even so, but so would lots of other clubs, and he was long gone when our second pick came around.

Agree we took Schazza over Aish because if List Fit. As you shown we had plenty of the same as Aish but not many of Scharabnerg

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
how about you just stop with these f***ing inane, idolising. repetitive threads about whatever young player happens to be your flavour of the month (before he goes on the scrapheap with the rest of them)

Finally.

PS. Dave you need a girlfriend
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
how about you just stop with these f***ing inane, idolising. repetitive threads about whatever young player happens to be your flavour of the month (before he goes on the scrapheap with the rest of them)

How about you go and get a Red Card Evil or Very Mad

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Agree we took Schazza over Aish because if List Fit. As you shown we had plenty of the same as Aish but not many of Scharabnerg

Yep. I guess you could slot Oxley, Langdon, and Maxwell into that general category, with Maxy to retire soon. Oh, and Goldsack if you play him back, but I count him as a forward. So long-term that really only leaves us with three counting Scharenberg, and Langdon plays more like a small-medium, so perhaps just two. I can see a role for both of them: I really liked what Oxley did last year and reckon he can play 100+ for us.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Tannin wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Yep. I guess you could slot Oxley, Langdon, and Maxwell into that general category, with Maxy to retire soon. Oh, and Goldsack if you play him back, but I count him as a forward. So long-term that really only leaves us with three counting Scharenberg, and Langdon plays more like a small-medium, so perhaps just two. I can see a role for both of them: I really liked what Oxley did last year and reckon he can play 100+ for us.

Well I heard Hine rated Scharaberg as the 2nd best Player in last years draft as Posted he could easily become as good as Clememt was and he was a Super Underrated Player

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Looks like Bucks agrees with Dave. Very Happy

Quote:
Collingwood FC ‏@CollingwoodFC ·14m
"If you could highlight that (@brodiegrundy) for the NAB Rising Star guys, that'd be great, because we seem to be invisible," - @ncb_cfc

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: