Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Rules.......for Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
^ Dumb complaints, Member. How can you sit there criticising Chamberlin when any fair-minded person admits that he was clearly the best player on the ground and a dead-set cert to get the three Brownlow votes?

You really are a dead set spanker aren't ya Shocked

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Stupid f***ing wankers. Leave the bloody game alone and stop changing the rules whenever it suits. As long as the Caff doesn't do anything illegal to impede his opponent from playing the football then why change the rules? While we're at it, what about a new rule to allow the tagger to be allowed to tag freely without being bullied by the opposition. I watched the replay and Caff was bumped and manhandled at every stoppage by the drug cheats. Oh wait he plays for Collingwood. Forget about it.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 pm

It was amusing to hear the Essensook fans crying as Caff took Watson apart when the game got tropical and the windy hill witches hats got blown away.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:36 pm

MattyD wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Firstly, Razor Ray is a disgrace. He over umpired the game by a high degree especially considering that the AFL are promoting a slight relation of interpretation. I also get the impression that when a team is under duress he is more inclined to give a free kick against this team and as a result compounding the issues. Soft frees were given both ways. It adds to the frustration for all concerned and is unhealthy imo.

The video review of the Cloke goal is contrary to the way the cameras are supposed to be used. If the Field Umpire, Goal Umpire or boundary umpire did not see the touch then it is a goal. End of storey. Since when do umpires review a decision using field cameras due to the protestations of the opposition players. It it continues like this the game will stall and will take 4 hours to complete.

I go to the games so as to get involved and enjoy the game (irrespective of the final result - but a win is a big help). I don't go to feel frustrated and alienated but stupid little men like Razor Ray who thinks he is the star of the show. He is doing his job well when we do not notice him but maintains good control of the game.

This is the 'Collingwood effect'. I'm sure I can remember plenty of games where players have said they touched the ball and all the umpires on the ground have said, "no, it's a goal," and that was that.

Another new interpretation - and another that negatively affected Collingwood.

Just like the Macaffer tagging.

When will we see a rule change that affects Collingwood positively?

And the sign of good umpiring is when you don't notice it, which happens rarely.

The only issue I have with the goal review is the use of footage from extra cameras which is not normally what happens. If it can't be detected using the 4x standard review footage, move on. Next you'll have people in the crowd uploading video... just a joke. Yes the extra footage did show the fingers bend following contact with the footy but until the AFL fork out the dosh to install high quality dedicated review cameras at every stadium, we should consistently follow the lowest possible denominator.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:52 pm

jackcass wrote:
MattyD wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Firstly, Razor Ray is a disgrace. He over umpired the game by a high degree especially considering that the AFL are promoting a slight relation of interpretation. I also get the impression that when a team is under duress he is more inclined to give a free kick against this team and as a result compounding the issues. Soft frees were given both ways. It adds to the frustration for all concerned and is unhealthy imo.

The video review of the Cloke goal is contrary to the way the cameras are supposed to be used. If the Field Umpire, Goal Umpire or boundary umpire did not see the touch then it is a goal. End of storey. Since when do umpires review a decision using field cameras due to the protestations of the opposition players. It it continues like this the game will stall and will take 4 hours to complete.

I go to the games so as to get involved and enjoy the game (irrespective of the final result - but a win is a big help). I don't go to feel frustrated and alienated but stupid little men like Razor Ray who thinks he is the star of the show. He is doing his job well when we do not notice him but maintains good control of the game.

This is the 'Collingwood effect'. I'm sure I can remember plenty of games where players have said they touched the ball and all the umpires on the ground have said, "no, it's a goal," and that was that.

Another new interpretation - and another that negatively affected Collingwood.

Just like the Macaffer tagging.

When will we see a rule change that affects Collingwood positively?

And the sign of good umpiring is when you don't notice it, which happens rarely.

The only issue I have with the goal review is the use of footage from extra cameras which is not normally what happens. If it can't be detected using the 4x standard review footage, move on. Next you'll have people in the crowd uploading video... just a joke. Yes the extra footage did show the fingers bend following contact with the footy but until the AFL fork out the dosh to install high quality dedicated review cameras at every stadium, we should consistently follow the lowest possible denominator.

That was my thought at the time also and I as much as said likewise I other threads. I found myself thinking "who's arse have they pulled this footage from". Definitely a little out of the norm.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: