Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did Eddie drop the C bomb???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Caro Blast Him on Footy Classifieds tonight in her Stupid ARROW Segment
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:10 pm

I've skimmed this thread, (and I missed the timeclock issue) is anyone actually seriously upset at what Ed said? Cornes grinned the whole way through it, it was a slip of the tongue and was in now way intended or received as an insult, where is the problem?

OK, we don't want people deliberately using that word in a timeslot where the young kids may be watching (not like they'd hear it at school anyway) but geebus, lets sack every TV presenter who ever made a slip.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Not many people express themselves that way. Are you sorry you missed the timeclock issue is anyone upset at what Ed said?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDNm3eOa_wo
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Agree with Mr Stui Magpie.

In no way do I want Eddie sacked. I was surprised that the show did not have that seven second delay facility.

It's a refreshing show that looks likely to be a winner in the times lot with two guys who are refreshingly upbeat and honest about the game.

Compare Dermie as a former player on the tv to other, vanilla, former players who have not experienced the ultimate success, but spew forth views on why teams/players/ clubs are deficient.

I mix with crude fellow Pies fans pre and post-game at a variety of Richmond pubs and have no problem with foul language.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm
Post subject: heyReply with quote

Why the drama? The c ...t word is not offensive or a swear word. My doctor told my wife that her lower part, otherwise known as her vulva is her c...t because Bertha was not sure what a vulva was. He used those exact words. Big deal! The c ...t word is used to describe a particular part of a woman's anatomy . Why does everyone thing it can't be spoken in the media? I often use it to describe umpires, opposition players and Carlton fans at the footy. People use worse words than that sitting near us. I never get offended. Just part of the footy. I learnt all these words at Victoria Park growing up. All relate to sex (f...) or parts of the anatomy (c...t) so what's the big deal and all this contrived outrage. Eddie is a gentleman and never used this word they say he did. I listened to the tape and he never used it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 am

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=71067&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kong

If he isn't saying these things on purpose then maybe there's a reason for it and he needs to look into why he is coming out with such gaffes.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am

Delete wrong thread.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 pm
Post subject: Cut Eddie some slackReply with quote

Eddie has brought our Club out of poverty and into the wealthiest in Australia, and whether he dropped the C word or not is more a question for Fox Footy and why they don't have a delay.

When I heard Tuddy suggesting that Galbally could have been a good as Eddie, that was good enough for me. Des is a very special Magpie and bled Black and White without fear, and I know what he would say to the politically correct morons pouring scorn on Eddie, and the C word would be the least of their worries.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: