Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Promote Kyle Martin.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Understand. But if Scharenberg is ready to play VFL by mid-year, we'd either have to hold him back or leave Frost out of the seniors.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

We'd be holding him back. Frost is too important at the moment.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Sure. But either option is a bad one, and not worth promoting Martin for unless he's getting a game.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:56 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Sure. But either option is a bad one, and not worth promoting Martin for unless he's getting a game.

Yeah fair point. If Scharenberg is ready to play VFL earlier than mid year then he is the priority along with Frost. I'm not sure he will be ready though. Would be nice to see him out there.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:39 pm

The earliest Scharenberg will play is (apparently) Queen's Birthday weekend in the VFL, which just so happens to be the time the mid-year upgrade option opens up.

It all dovetails quite tidily. Frost is in no danger of being stranded, even for a week. That leaves a perfect window right now for upgrading a player who has been in terrific form in the VFL in Martin.

But of course, that doesn't sit right with some people, who continually put the kid down and excuse some shoddy list management from the club with regards to leaving him on the rookie list...

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:23 am

innocent_criminal wrote:
My 2cents.. I thought Yaggs played a much improved game in the VFL, did a very good blanketing job... didn't think he had that much improvement in him...

Martin's development since his last go at the senior level is the key here, he was killing it last time in the VFL and struggled to take the next step.. this time maybe it will be better... but losing him to another club due to not giving him another go would be pretty bad player management... & I have faith in our system.

He didn't really struggle, more didn't blitz it was just solid contributor and looked to lack a defensive side (got run off easily) at AFL level which is probably the concern.

loki04 Leo

innocent_criminal wrote:
My 2cents.. I thought Yaggs played a much improved game in the VFL, did a very good blanketing job... didn't think he had that much improvement in him...

Martin's development since his last go at the senior level is the key here, he was killing it last time in the VFL and struggled to take the next step.. this time maybe it will be better... but losing him to another club due to not giving him another go would be pretty bad player management... & I have faith in our system.

Would be in my best 22 in for Blair.

Last edited by loki04 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
loki04 Leo

Delete triple post.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:39 am

MagpieBat wrote:
The earliest Scharenberg will play is (apparently) Queen's Birthday weekend in the VFL, which just so happens to be the time the mid-year upgrade option opens up.

It all dovetails quite tidily. Frost is in no danger of being stranded, even for a week. That leaves a perfect window right now for upgrading a player who has been in terrific form in the VFL in Martin.

But of course, that doesn't sit right with some people, who continually put the kid down and excuse some shoddy list management from the club with regards to leaving him on the rookie list...

unlike your comments about armstrong which are extraordinarily derogatory, no one is putting him down, saying he can't play.

if marley comes back this week where is there room for martin on the list?

slydog81 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:39 am

I dont think Q sticks injury is long enough to promote him.

can we do a mid season upgrade?

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 am

John Wren wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

unlike your comments about armstrong which are extraordinarily derogatory, no one is putting him down, saying he can't play.

if marley comes back this week where is there room for martin on the list?

Either promote him for Lynch or use the mid-season upgrade. Marley's situation has nothing to do with not having space for Martin...
slydog81 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:21 am

Lynch isnt on the LTI though..(only 5-6 weeks)

And Frost will most likely get the mid season upgrade as the German will be back in a couple of months.

Martin will have to wait for an injury or next season I reckon.

Personally I think it was mistake to not give him a spot instead of Marty Clarke.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 am

slydog81 wrote:
Lynch isnt on the LTI though..(only 5-6 weeks)

And Frost will most likely get the mid season upgrade as the German will be back in a couple of months.

Martin will have to wait for an injury or next season I reckon.

Personally I think it was mistake to not give him a spot instead of Marty Clarke.

The 5-6 weeks figure has a rider attached to it. They "hope" (to use Rocket's word) that is 5-6 weeks. Lynch has had to go in for surgery to have a plate put in. I'm willing to be that 5-6 weeks will become 7-8 weeks before too long.

Here's how I reckon it will play out: they diagnose it at 5-6 weeks, and not list Lynch as an LTI accordingly. The injury won't heal/rehab in that time, which puts Lynch out for another few weeks beyond that. The final tally will be about 8-10 weeks, by which time it will be too late to LTI list Lynch and upgrade Martin. Kyle will be stranded on the rookie list, while #s 9 and 27 continue to clog space in the VFL.

The mistake was to sign Armstrong instead of upgrading Martin. Delisting Clarke a year early would have meant paying his (al beit meagre) wage in the salary cap....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: