Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies destroy Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashing those drug cheats makes listening to that rubbish biased commentary all the more bearable. Well done Pies - great win and probably the best of the season and one of the best I've seen for a long time. Shame about the injuries but lets hope they're not too serious. Loved our defensive pressure and our tackling was intense all day which pressured the drug cheats into mistakes. Coming back from 6 goals down is no easy feat and not something many other would've been able to do. Now lets smash the scum and tear them a new one.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Donny wrote:
Loved some of Bruce's lines:

"Last time the Bombers kicked a goal, they went to a 37 point advantage. This time, they're 2 goals behind!" Smile

Yeah,but what is it with Brian Taylor, a 100 goal forward with us, he just sounds so idiotic and biased against the Pies at times, his hysterics in the first qtr made me mute the tele. Fair comment and unbias to neither side is one thing, but he seems to delight in it when we struggle. Question Confused

Never gotten over missing the 90 GF side.

My own impression is that BT has had a falling out with either the Club or one of its leaders. I have been attending the Club's season launch and hall of fame dinner for many years and it has always being BT doing the MC work. For the first ever time, BT was absent from the function this year, with no reason given on the night.
I think he has it in for Collingwood at the moment and I totally agree with the posters criticising his anti Collingwood commentaries this year.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I was on holidays on a cruise these past couple of weeks & I watched both games (the NM & ESS) up on deck on the big screen, dumb ass ESS supporters left after 3qtr time on ANZAC Day...

HA HA HA!!!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:00 pm

What was the go with the scumps calling frees and signalling it was to go to a particular side, then change arms to direct the free according to their call? Happened a few times in our game and teams would set up a particular way and which turned out to be to opposite to what they should have been doing. Saw it happen in a couple of other games too.
And old Razor first to blow his whistle 50m away from the play and the ump at the stoppage.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Nicholls was the culprit- happened 3 times iirc- bewildering-especially as at leats one of the decisions was a shocker- i think they point the opposite way in soccer/basketball??

RAy Chamberlain seriously needs to pull his head in- he was disgraceful- both ways mind you- anyone who watched hawks/cats game would understand that it was the second big game in a week he has overumpired.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Chamberlain has that very annoying habit of going to a centre bounce after a goal, wiping the ball on the ground half a dozen times and then wiping his hands on his pants then looking around and then bouncing it after a delay of up to a minute.

Someone should give him a rocket and tell him to get on with it... It's not all about him...

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 pm

The ball wiping is pure theatrics by Chamberlain.

It wont make the fukking ball grip better when he bounces the thing, so why waste everyone's time by doing it?

Someone should complain that it's causing the sponsorship on the ball to be obscured slightly when watching on TV and the AFL will issue a memorandum stopping Ray from doing it in a matter of minutes.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 am

Ahh, but it shows what a fat arse he has. Who would want to miss that?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 am

When are we going to get the umps pointing in the right damn direction to show a free? It's just stupid to indicate a free to us, kicking to the City End, by pointing towards bloody Richmond.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Just watched the replay again.

One thing stood out for me.

Blair and Goldy's (and to alesser extent Bally) worth is NOT captured on the telly.

I'm interested to know if those posters who continually question their place in the side actually attend games??

On Friday, especially in the 2nd quarter- their work off the ball was mainical and imo was the main reason we were able to get back in the game.

One other thing stood out- Chamberlain is an absolute wanker who thinks he is bigger than the game
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Breathtaking second and third quarters but we were very average in the first and the last. I anticipated to be behind at 1/4 time but nowhere near to that extent. The fact it was ANZAC Day and we were a man down in the last makes me less scathing but the side Essendope had out there had no right to be in the game with 10 minutes to go. Basically we've managed to turn a regulation thumping into a brilliant hard-working win. Hopefully we can build on that as not many sides will allow us back in after such deplorable starts.
Sidey's second and third quarters were simply superb, ran out of gas in the last and cost me a fortune :/
Goldsack's pressure was outstanding the whole game, looks like he's back to full fitness.
Swan produced the goods when it counted.
Typical game from the Captain who kept us in it early on.
Beams was workman-like but I thought Heppell was more influential.
Young and Langdon showed great composure while Thomas was impressive in limited game time.
Keeffe, Frost, Maxy and Tooves are becoming more cohesive with each game. Fasolo got pantsed by Chappy in the first but was starting to hit back just prior to injury.
White marked and contested very well.
Special mention to Elliott who seems to have improved his tank significantly this season. The kid looks like being something special in the making.
Now lets crush any hope the scum has of resurrecting their season with a good and proper 4 quarter humiliation.
Go The Maggies.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 pm

matrix10 wrote:

Blair and Goldy's (and to alesser extent Bally) worth is NOT captured on the telly.

I'm interested to know if those posters who continually question their place in the side actually attend games??

On Friday, especially in the 2nd quarter- their work off the ball was mainical and imo was the main reason we were able to get back in the game.

One other thing stood out- Chamberlain is an absolute wanker who thinks he is bigger than the game

if it was not captured on telly how did you see it and know it happened? Confused

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 pm

matrix10 wrote:

+1

matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
matrix10 wrote:

if it was not captured on telly how did you see it and know it happened? Confused

Perhaps due to teh fact that i was at the MCG watching our team on Friday?? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: