Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies destroy Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
98 tackles says it all

Remember a few Yrs ago when we beat Geelong, from memory we had about 85 tackles and they raved about it. Our pressure was outstanding (after Qtr. time).
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 am

i am curious to learn when the momentum swung. during the second quarter i could sense the tide turning but couldn't place when it was triggered. perhaps it was the first goal that got the ball rolling.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am

Happy happy happy, bring on the scum 2

(R we likely to loose any at the tribunal?)

If we loose young, man he really sacrificed for the day, kudos to him, we got a way better deal than Sydneeee did from the hawks!

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:40 am

John Wren wrote:
the pie guy wrote:
BBHS wrote:
98 tackles says it all

Remember a few Yrs ago when we beat Geelong, from memory we had about 85 tackles and they raved about it. Our pressure was outstanding (after Qtr. time).

i am curious to learn when the momentum swung. during the second quarter i could sense the tide turning but couldn't place when it was triggered. perhaps it was the first goal that got the ball rolling.

Credit to Bruce, I remember him saying something like "you just feel that if Collingwood can get one, they can get on a run" or something like that when we were still goalless.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:57 am

Reckon BT put the mocker on the Bombers half way through the 2nd when we only had one goal; he said "they don't have to catch up the entire deficit this quarter" or somesuch....and sure enough...

Just watching the replay, Grundy got done for blocking at the ruck contest a few times; he needs to look into that

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 am

Gave away 8 frees. It barely matters what else you do the rest of the game, that is just not going to work. We seriously need some clarification from the umps about what he is and is not allowed to do in the ruck contests. You just can't give the opposition an uncontested clearance like that twice per quarter.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 am

Correct DSU - I think only one of them was what I would call a block in the ruck as I understand the rule BUT he looks at the other ruckman just before he positions his body and I think that fools the umpire into paying a free.

We need to know what he can do against ruckmen who jump too early (ie. Ryder yesterday) who aren't being penalised for going early. He obviously can't use his body, even what used to be legally!
- Ben
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 am

^ half the time it looks like he just stands his ground. surely the other ruckman should be pinged just for being inept with poor positioning.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
the pie guy wrote:
BBHS wrote:
98 tackles says it all

I actually thought it swung in the first quarter. And I don't usually say this, but it was when the Bombers stopped getting soft frees. They struggled for an avenue to goal without them.

Really, we should have had a few goals in the first and the bombers should have had a few less. I was not worried about us getting back into the game, as the lead never looked genuine. I was concerned that it might be tough to claw back the entire deficit though.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Donny wrote:
Loved some of Bruce's lines:

"Last time the Bombers kicked a goal, they went to a 37 point advantage. This time, they're 2 goals behind!" Smile

Yeah,but what is it with Brian Taylor, a 100 goal forward with us, he just sounds so idiotic and biased against the Pies at times, his hysterics in the first qtr made me mute the tele. Fair comment and unbias to neither side is one thing, but he seems to delight in it when we struggle. Question Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 pm

We won the game by being much harder and tougher at the ball and the man after quarter time. That ferocity is what we have to maintain each week. Throw in Williams, Seedsman, Adams and Reid, and we'll have an awesome team in a few weeks time. Who knows, maybe Freeman and Scharenberg will force their way in too. Remember, we only lost narrowly to the undefeated and top of the table Cats, missing several key players. Make no mistake, there is no 2, 3 or 5 year plan. Bucks and the team have their sights set on season 2014. I'm excited.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Just got home from yesterday's stirring comeback win.

Very tardy start, but clicked into gear halfway through the 2nd qtr.

The smart mouthed bummers supporters sitting around me, had their gobs shut after H/T.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Dane swan q3 2 standout moments.

The stuff legends are made of.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Just watching the replay on Foxfooty ant there are two things that stuffed the game yesterday.....the one eyed comments by the commentators (Bruce McIvanney) and some of the lack of decisions by the central umpires.Two that I saw in the third quarter and also in the last quarter.I always thought that a played had to dispose of the ball ASAP,but on many occasions the PIES caught up with the Bummers BUT there was NO free kick for holding the ball,also I always thought that if a player was held onto with out the ball it was a free for holding the player without the ball.Have I missed something over the past 10 years or so.
Also its time that the Boundary umpires 'threw' in the ball instead of 'flinging' or çatapulting' it in and then turning around to make sure that the throw was OK.
Bring on the SCUM....MM against Bucks......

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:11 pm

VFL Collingwood on ABC now in case you haven't realised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: