Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get it off your chest

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the technology is supposed to be for the goal line, not out on the flank.

Otherwise, you could use it hundreds of times in a game to see players being held, pushed in the back etc.

Robbed. If the field umpire does not believe it was touched, nor the goal umpire, then that's enough for me
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Just Clokey's luck though. Kicks one of his best goals ever and it's called touched by just about the only conclusive review ever. Bad luck big fella.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Get it off your chestReply with quote

mgh3536 wrote:
Tired of football administrators copying other sports, Australian football is uniquely Australian in my opinion a national game should reflect who we are as a nation, administrators lack of imagination, leadership and entrepreneurship

players in the history of our game elevated because they played in a grand final TEAM! Best players are that so step up Robbie Flower , Kevin Murray etc

thats all for the moment……..

Yes it is uniquely Australian - but what does it mean to reflect a nation? We are/used to be a generous country - with a 'fair go' mentality, so maybe we should pay marks when players get close but not quite control the ball...? conversely we are sometimes heartless when a bit of fear mongering takes hold (see current treatment of asylum seekers) so maybe we should just kick the non-white guys in the nuts who dare to run on the ground!

We are a hard working nation - so our games should continue to be the longest of all the football codes, but perhaps we should extend the football year to 48 weeks of the year? Australia is due to have the oldest retirement age so maybe players should be retained well into their 30's and 40's and coaches should do a 'malthouse' and hang around until the coaches box becomes an ordeal. Smile

Re Robbie Flower and Kevin Murray - WTF?

EBB 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Pendles giving his speech thanking Essendon and that Dale Thomas look-a-like saying something like "that's BS"
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 pm

I really hope we can keep this thread going it is so random. BJ, Drugs are bad for you is the funniest thing I've read this year
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
I really hope we can keep this thread going it is so random. BJ, Drugs are bad for you is the funniest thing I've read this year

Congrats on being the first 40 something Aussie to use the word random.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:10 am
Post subject: Re: Get it off your chestReply with quote

yin-YANG wrote:
[We are/used to be a generous country - with a 'fair go' mentality, so maybe we should pay marks when players get close but not quite control the ball...? conversely we are sometimes heartless when a bit of fear mongering takes hold (see current treatment of asylum seekers) so maybe we should just kick the non-white guys in the nuts who dare to run on the ground!

Apart from the fact that political comment should be relegated to VPT, I am heartened to see that your are willing to open up your own home to asylum seekers and have your neighbourhood populated by fundamentalist muslims or Vietnamese gangs.

I'll bet you live in Camberwell and can easily push the problem somewhere else. Better still, you agree with using our taxpayers money to see that asylumn seekers get a better deal than our aged pensioners. That's the problem with you people, it is never your homes that are used, and never your money. Rolling Eyes

Australia is still one of the most open societies on earth and one of the most generous resettlers of refugees in the world. All we want is fair help for real refugees living in tent cities, not people who pay the smugglers $15,000 a pop to get on some fast boat to citizenship. They should get in the queue so refugees can be treated fairly according to real need.

Now back to the footy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: