Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo to the Big Wigs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 pm
Post subject: Memo to the Big WigsReply with quote

This is an absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!!

The club has gone out of their way to send an e-mail out stating season ticket members WILL NOT be able to scan in at the gate.
This is despite the fact they are still selling those absolutely ridiculous 3 game memberships.
When you break it down, who is willing to pay $50 for each of the Adelaide & Brisbane home games??
And they won't upgrade a season ticket to a reserved seat for tomorrow, they will only upgrade the "3 game package for an additional $149".
(after waiting on hold for 20 minutes)

Am I missing something here????
Is the person that came up with this system brain damaged????

In their attempt at the extra cash grab, all they're doing is making people feel more and more distant from something we all once felt a part of.
AND they won't touch 90,000 for this so called "sell-out".

Disgraceful Collingwood Football Club, and AFL.

(I'm fine, MCG Legends, but most of my mates are season ticket members.......)

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a solution (too late for tomorrow though).

Whether the game is "A-Grade", "A-Reserve", "C-Category", "Z-Reserve", or whatever you want to call it to justify the cash grab - leave Standing Room for members only.
Pretty simple and effective isn't it??

I also like JW's idea - have an option for an ANZAC Day add-on with a season ticket, or even an "A-Reserve game" add-on which might cover 3 or 4 games that they identify will be fully ticketed.

(I still can't get my head around the fact there is no general admission at a venue that holds 100,00 people, at least for members that have already pre-paid the price of admission.......)

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Game is all about Money Now
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

King Monkey wrote:
I have a solution (too late for tomorrow though).

Whether the game is "A-Grade", "A-Reserve", "C-Category", "Z-Reserve", or whatever you want to call it to justify the cash grab - leave Standing Room for members only.
Pretty simple and effective isn't it??

I also like JW's idea - have an option for an ANZAC Day add-on with a season ticket, or even an "A-Reserve game" add-on which might cover 3 or 4 games that they identify will be fully ticketed.

(I still can't get my head around the fact there is no general admission at a venue that holds 100,00 people, at least for members that have already pre-paid the price of admission.......)

they can't even consider giving a substitute game.

i like the idea of a blockbuster add-on for games vs gee, haw, car, ess and rich.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:41 pm

It will be interesting to see what effect this and variable pricing has on next year's membership figures. There doesn't seem to be much value in having a membership that doesn't include a reserved seat.

I am also struggling to see how the AFL will make more money from people watching games on Foxtel instead of in person. Surely the money the AFL gets from the gate or via memberships has to outweigh what Foxtel passes along.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Good luck getting 70,000 members next year!!
We constantly hear how crucial it is to the club for supporters to sign on as members, then they go and de-value a membership!!

What is the point of a football season ticket that doesn't allow entry to the football?? !!!!!!!

As an aside, if the powers that be don't really care about attendances and are banking on the TV rights to keep increasing - the product is nowhere near as valuable to TV executives if they are playing big games in half-empty stadiums.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:58 pm

^ but if they're at home watching on tv with their foxtel subscription then they'd be immensely happy.
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 pm

^In the negotiation process, the price will be driven down if a less attractive product is being offered, regardless.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I doubt I'll bother with my membership anymore', I am not donating money to North or any other basket case , remember it's our money ' not Collingwoods that goes to these losers, maybe a huge drop in membership might wake up a few fat cats.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
It will be interesting to see what effect this and variable pricing has on next year's membership figures. There doesn't seem to be much value in having a membership that doesn't include a reserved seat.

I am also struggling to see how the AFL will make more money from people watching games on Foxtel instead of in person. Surely the money the AFL gets from the gate or via memberships has to outweigh what Foxtel passes along.

Last broadcast deal was over $1bn dollars. That's a major source of revenue for the AFL.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Couldn't agree more, KM.

I think it's disgraceful you could only get to this game by being a member and they were still selling these memberships days before the game.

In the old days we'd call that "being a hog"!!!

Sitting on the tickets so no one can get them unless they're willing to pay the right price.

I also think it's part of inflating our membership numbers. How many people bought tickets to the anzac day game were forced to buy memberships just to be able to go?

And if they're still selling them days before the game, what happens to the leftovers??? Sold out my backside. 91,700 is all they could manage
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 am

a sad state of affair when 91,700 is all they could manage. nice problem to have. apparently the sixth best h&a crowd. i don't think they will be too bothered.

it did feel like there was a 75/25 split of us vs them. most of the red and black was consigned to the southern stand.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 am

John Wren wrote:
a sad state of affair when 91,700 is all they could manage. nice problem to have. apparently the sixth best h&a crowd. i don't think they will be too bothered.

it did feel like there was a 75/25 split of us vs them. most of the red and black was consigned to the southern stand.

I also noticed quite a few of them in the MCC as well.

From memory I remember reading that after Melbourne, Essendon consisted of the second largest supporter base amongst MCC members, followed by Collingwood in third place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: