Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Liberals stuffing up Australia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we've given the yanks a laugh

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/01/26/world/asia/ap-as-australia-knighting-prince-philip.html?_r=0

Quote:
Despite the criticism, Abbott insisted the prince was a good friend of Australia and therefore, a good candidate for the nation's knighthood.

"The monarchy has been an important part of Australia's life since 1788," Abbott said. "And Prince Philip has been a great servant of Australia. He's been a great servant of all the countries of the Commonwealth. Here in this country, he's the patron of hundreds of organizations."

And the English

http://time.com/3681979/australia-prime-minister-tony-abbott-prince-philip/

Quote:
Australians have long been acquainted with the 93-year-old royal, who is notorious for uttering headline-worthy gaffes. During a trip to the Lucky Country in 2002, the Duke of Edinburgh, as he is officially titled, asked an Aboriginal man: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Prince Phillip is alright by me. Not sure we need to knight the guy though.

So his numerous occasions of making bigoted and racist comments (inadvertently or not) is OK by you??

Is Eddie OK by you?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

So his numerous occasions of making bigoted and racist comments (inadvertently or not) is OK by you??

He's like the crazy old bloke in so many families who still thinks it's the same world he lived in 70 years ago. His crazy statements don't have any impact at all beyond a bit of a chuckle and shake of the head.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-quotes-relive-65-1445185

I'd invite him to a dinner party in a second. Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Even the most adamant Liberal Supporter must be embarrassed or they are just a complete idiot.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:17 pm

What is your real name?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Culprit wrote:
Even the most adamant Liberal Supporter must be embarrassed or they are just a complete idiot.

This board is obviously Labor inclined. Sportsbet still have the coalition as $1.70 favourite and Labor @ $2.05. Double dissolution to occur is @ $6 and not to occur @ $1.10, Julie is @ $2.20, Turnbull @ $3.50, Morrison @ $5 & Hockey @ $7 to be next leader. Pilbersek is @ $2.70 to be next ALP leader.

The broader public have a different opinion to the 10 or so labor stalwarts on here Wink Laughing Laughing

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Is Eddie OK by you?

Laughing Laughing Laughing beautiful!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Is Eddie OK by you?

Eddie is a Cinderella compared with this blithering old fool...... Twisted Evil

And old Phillip is too ugly to be considered as Cinder’s Fairy Godmother!! Razz

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Skids wrote:
Culprit wrote:

This board is obviously Labor inclined. Sportsbet still have the coalition as $1.70 favourite and Labor @ $2.05. Double dissolution to occur is @ $6 and not to occur @ $1.10, Julie is @ $2.20, Turnbull @ $3.50, Morrison @ $5 & Hockey @ $7 to be next leader. Pilbersek is @ $2.70 to be next ALP leader.

The broader public have a different opinion to the 10 or so labor stalwarts on here Wink Laughing Laughing

As I have said before the odds keep on shortening. Have an educated look at what the odds were 12 months ago and observe the huge trend.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Skids wrote:
Quote:

Very true indeed, except that the ALP had similar odds with the bookies (close with ALP slight favorite) coming into the 2010 election, which is what I placed all my fading hopes on. Where the election is too close to call, such as 1974 and 2010, then even the bookies don't know. Where it is obvious, such as 2013, then the favorites will be comfortably in front. All this attention to the satchel swingers happened in 2007, when a 2GB announcer verbally abused a bookie for giving the ALP better odds.

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 pm

To be fair the Libs won on every metric in 2010 except Tone was shit at negotiation with conservative independents. He even had Katter handed to him on a silver platter but was too much of a douchebag to convince the other 2.

Some red flags probably should've gone up then on what kind of leader he'd be. I know that Gillard was a very talented back room politician, but that doesn't excuse Abbott's inept handling of those negotiations.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:58 pm

I saw this on Twitter, comedians must be loving Big Ears Laughing

Last edited by Culprit on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:02 pm

What a Knightmare
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
The RDNS are funded in part by the Feds, not in full. The redesign, restructure us not occurring because funding is good. The Feds have fkd over health big time as well as the lot just turfed out in Vic. RDNS is merely one example of how nasty this government is when it comes to health.

Just raise the levy another 1% it is a relatively progressive tax & will not hurt those who can least afford to pay.

Costello (read Howard) f•cked this up with the unnecessary tax cuts to the wealthy & relatively well off.

The NGO sector. & the aged sector has been rogered by these current f•ckers. Speak to people on the field & you'll find the mad monk is a mad & nasty fu•k , ideological fundamentalists.

(On my iPhone so hard to write)

I've no idea whether that's true or not, or whether this restructure is justified. But I always wonder at the assumption that the present level of government funding can never, it seems, be reduced, and thus it is always either perfectly right where it is, or it's not enough. Maybe, in areas managed by government, our desire for services always exceeds our preparedness to pay.

Ahem: Population growth & as I noted this isn't occurring in a vacuum, there are massive cuts to services.

Your question & points indicate that demand is static & occurs in a vacuum. The gobal picture here is cuts, cuts & more cuts in the way services are funded & provided: The points I've made are beyond dispute, they are the reality. Later when I get some time I'll detail how the funding model in aged care has impacted adversely on services & service provision merely to fit ideological outcomes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: