Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick's Posting XXII - Round 6 2014

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

see i come back into the team win the anzac day medal, all in a days work add about 14 cans of grog and i was flying. bring on next week
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
think better wrote:
Pies pies pies ,,,,, er.......Spam, spam, spam ,spam wonderful spam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

I love it!

Me too, and I'm not afraid to admit that my mature, balanced, and thoughtfully disciplined selection process went straight out the window after that post and I said "bugger the process, think better is IN!"

I know that skit well, of course, and could probably once have recited it from memory, but strange to say, I don't think I've ever actually seen it before. I first heard it back in the days when I used to wag school and go over the road to the university Student Union where, among other things strange, amusing and wonderous, they had a record room. They had about a dozen turntables and you paid a small deposit on a pair of headphones, asked to have whatever you wanted to listen to put on (so long as they were not all already in use) and went into the small listening room, which had 20 or 30 comfortable chairs distributed around the walls, each one equipped with a headphone socket and a dial to select your desired channel. With half-decent luck, someone would pass a joint around. The various Monty Python records were perennial favourites. You could always tell who else was on (say) channel 5 because you could see various people scattered around the room in their own private headphone universes suddenly all laughing at the same time.

Ahh ... sweet nostalgia. Smile

Anyway, I listened to the Spam scene any number of times, but this is the first time I've ever seen it, and it's just as funny now as it was 40 years ago. And, these days, I'm not even bent! Well, not in any chemical sense, unless you count copious cups of tea.

There's still a chance
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/monty-python-final-reunion-show-to-be-streamed-live-in-cinemas-in-australia-and-around-the-world/story-e6frfmq9-1226896774701

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: