Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas: To boo or not to boo.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wears the blue its worth a boo
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm

As long as we win I don't give a stuff about Dale.

Having said that I will make the odd remark to him.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

doesnt the joy of winning the premiership for us, outweigh him playing at carlton?

to be fair, his 2 GF's in 2010 where outstanding, and we wouldnt of even won the first match if it wasnt for his performance.

I wont boo, this positive far outweighs him goin to the Scum....my 2 cents
changingpockets 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
doesnt the joy of winning the premiership for us, outweigh him playing at carlton?

to be fair, his 2 GF's in 2010 where outstanding, and we wouldnt of even won the first match if it wasnt for his performance.

I wont boo, this positive far outweighs him goin to the Scum....my 2 cents

As supporters at the ground we play our part as the 19th man, wether it be shaking banners and whistling behind the goals, throwing a late ball back in during an opposition kick in, or simply booing and ex-player.
Thomas will be welcomed back to the club in due course, but for now he is the enemy and will be treated as such. Its all part of the passion, theatre and fun of attending the game.
If you dont feel the need to try and help your side out in any way you can, then perhaps you just arent as passionate about it as others are.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

changingpockets wrote:

If you dont feel the need to try and help your side out in any way you can, then perhaps you just arent as passionate about it as others are.

So you boo every single time an opposition player touches the ball?

I'd like to see that
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 pm

mattys123 wrote:
[
Wasn't given the option? Collingwood offered him what he is worth now, and he turned us down.

He had 17 clubs to choose from and chose Carlton, HE CHOSE CARLTON.

Boo your heart out people, he deserves it, it doesn't mean we don't respect what he did for us in the past, but this is the present.

See what I mean about lacking knowledge? Bad behaviour, particularly childish & petty behaviour is so often the result of ignorance. In just 3 sentences you've managed 3 complete blunders!

1. Collingwood offered what he is worth now? And what was that amount? $150k?, 200?, 300? They did no such thing. They offered him peanuts & then revised that figure DOWN because they wanted him gone, they made that very clear. 30% of AFL players get over 300k, are you suggesting he's not in that bracket?
Leigh Matthews, a guy with 4 flags as a coach, about a hundred as a player, called by many the best that ever played, and someone whose opinion is sought & respected by EVERYONE in the game called Dale Thomas possibly the best player in the league in 2011, his last injury free season.
Short memories are faulty memories, Carlton wanted him particularly because of his performances in the big games. He was certainly our best in the 2010 final series, and right up there in 2011. Collingwood told Daisy & Heater they were not required, Heater told us that, and Daisy backed that in several tweets & messages. Collingwood never argued with that.

2. 17 clubs to choose from?! REALLY? Wow! I had no idea the other clubs made offers... oh wait, that's right, they DIDN’T. It was Carlton or nowhere. People need to try to remember that most Collingwood players didn't grow up as mad Collingwood supporters. Their allegiance is to their teammates, for whom they'll cop physical harm, but sticking with a club that doesn't want you (especially when the price tag is around 400,000 bucks per year) is stupid in the extreme. And Daisy WOULD have behaved stupidly if the club wanted him, he WOULD have signed for far less than the Carlton offer if Collingwood had offered it. They didn't. And WE will pay the price for that short-sightedness.

3.Booing your heart out doesn't mean you don't respect what he did? 'Eh?! Since when!? It TOTALLY wipes the incredible games he played in Black & White, and perpetuates the image of the moron Collingwood supporter.

Picture this: Daisy wins a marking contest on the wing, and the Collingwood cheer squad CHEERS! That's right, they Cheer for a champion who played so many amazing games in Black & White.

Oh don't get me wrong, I know there's zero chance of that happening, but try to imagine it. The commentators would be puzzled, it would be the talking point of the round, and show Collingwood supporters as the most enlightened, intelligent, and confident supporters in the game. A group so confident in their current side and appreciative of past greats that booing like the rest of the rabble is unnecessary & a waste of energy. The media hacks would go nuts trying to work it out!

But again, it ain't gonna happen. In fact I'm scouring Sportsbet to see if theres a "booing Daisy" market. Sure it would be short, but I'd put a nurse on it every day! I just hope there is as much effort put into cheering our guys as there is in 'booing' a former Magpie great. In the big games we should have the very real advantage of a supporter base who function as a 23rd man, lifting our boys to greater & greater heights!

So boo all you like, just don't forget who you are, and cheer like wild people for our boys,

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Ignore the TROLL.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

All part of the fun, as far as I'm concerned. I still like Daisy and don't feel any resentment toward him, but I'll boo him for sure if he's lining up for goal or taking a kick-out. Smile
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Ignore the TROLL.

35forever is REALLY giving me the shits (he never used to when I knew him) but Donny has warned me about saying what I honestly feel about this "gentleman", so all I will say is thank God for great supporters like you, Piesnchess, Doc63 and a few sane others who share the same crazy passion and long held traditions of Collingwood..... Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Can't people disagree without calling each other names? Just because he disagrees with you about something doesn't make him a bad person. Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11 pm

David wrote:
Can't people disagree without calling each other names? Just because he disagrees with you about something doesn't make him a bad person. Rolling Eyes

Occasionally disagreeing is great for healthy debate and earnest discussion.

Always purposefully and intentionally disagreeing is a case of forcing us to suffer fools..... Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
David wrote:

Occasionally disagreeing is great for healthy debate and earnest discussion.

Always purposefully and intentionally disagreeing is a case of forcing us to suffer fools..... Rolling Eyes

nick's hasn't had an "i'm a better supporter than you" discussion for nearly six weeks now. geez, how i miss them. Sad

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Ignore the TROLL.

35forever is REALLY giving me the shits (he never used to when I knew him) but Donny has warned me about saying what I honestly feel about this "gentleman", so all I will say is thank God for great supporters like you, Piesnchess, Doc63 and a few sane others who share the same crazy passion and long held traditions of Collingwood..... Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing love it Lazza! let it all hang out like Scotty Cummings circa 2004

www.facebook/the hybernators
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Quote:
1. Collingwood offered what he is worth now? And what was that amount? $150k?, 200?, 300? They did no such thing. They offered him peanuts & then revised that figure DOWN because they wanted him gone, they made that very clear. 30% of AFL players get over 300k, are you suggesting he's not in that bracket?

Where are you getting your info from? I don't think anyone seriously believes that Dale was offered less than $300k to stay.
Unless you have some sort of proof to back up your assertions, you will continue to be treated with contempt from the majority of posters. So what is it? Do you have a contact within the club? Have you stumbled upon some inside info that no footy journo managed to come across even though Dale leaving was one of the biggest non-drug related stories last year?
No?

So you're just full of crap as usual.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Whether we like it or not, he is going to get booed.

I think Daisy knows this. I'd like to think I won't boo, but when 50,000 other fans are booeing I'll probably do the same.

I don't begrudge Daisy too much because he got a golden offer from Carlton and clearly we made the right decision not to match it. I also will try and remember him as a Collingwood premiership player.

But while he is still a current player for the Blues, he will get booed for desserting the Magpies.

It will probably be the case until the 10 year premiership anniversary and he has long retired from AFL that we'll finally welcome him back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: