Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Open Letter to Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm
Post subject: Open Letter to EddieReply with quote

Dear Eddie, I like many others over the years have wondered at some decisions made and the direction of the club.
Some times I have wondered if you have defended our position strongly enough or were you to busy with your many media and business commitments.
Now in hindsight I realize you are so much smarter than you have been given credit for.
I list the following as examples of your brilliance.

1- Replacing MM, at the time I wondered whether giving him the brush (basically) with Bucks who hadn't coached at this level was correct. 2 & 1/2 yrs later you have been proven correct. The game has obviously passed the old man by but his ego and tunnel vision doesn't allow him to see this. He is more worried about his games coaching record surpassing the legendary Jock he doesn't have time each week to actually see how badly he coaches. You must have seen this in his make up and decided we would be best served by giving a young coach a go than stick with kicking the ball around the boundary each week.

2- Letting Swann and Buffient go. Now I thought they were both very good servants of the club. And yes it's a free world where people can pick and choose there jobs. I thought you could have fought harder to keep both but now you have been correct in not. Swann has proven he is a good CEO but when you look at the disarray carlscum are in and how good a job Pert has done for us you are a genius. Buffient was heralded by MM as the best in the business. Ummm really now look how carlscum look so unfit constantly. Again you have been proven correct.

3- Suns & GWS I never understood why you didn't spray the AFL for expanding the competition with out regards to the current clubs. I thought the spreading of talent would be to great for clubs to survive. Again your a genius you thought the extra revenue generated by the tv income would lessen the burden that would be placed on successful clubs when the AFL came calling for equalization for struggling clubs. Also you knew a smart club would plan for this and lock away some very good talent to get us through the compromised drafts (which we have done successfully) while dumb clubs who are poorly managed would struggle ie carlscum. Super planning Eddie because not only have we not had to bottom out we also gain the joy of watching carlscum become a serious wooden spoon candidate for a decade to come (a joy that keeps on giving weekly thanks to Jezza)

Eddie I for one would like to offer my sincere apologies for ever doubting you and your wisdom. Every decision has proven to be correct.

Today we sit inside the 8 whilst we aren't playing well having injuries or suspension to at least 7 of our best 22 at least we have some hope for th future with some very good young players coming through and we haven't seen our 2 top 10 draft picks from last year yet.
Yes Eddie we wouldn't swap you for anything now.
Please keep on making these great decisions and if possible if you could find any way of making things worse (if that's possible) at carlscum I for one would be grateful.

Regards
Qldmagpie
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree in part qldmagpie 67. A pretty good summation. The main difference is that my commitment to Eddie has been unwavering.

I find that many of the individuals on Nicks who criticise anything and everything are just reacting to the short term failures and have no understanding of long term planning or vision.

From my business experience I realise what it takes to build something that is good and worth while. It rarely happens in the short term and it rarely happens without problems or issues. Also if it is something really special not everybody can do it and it takes talented people to build something of value.

Eddies contribution to our great club can only be question by shallow people with little to no understanding of what he has accomplished.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:31 pm

I see this is the sycophants thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:35 pm

collie dog wrote:
I see this is the sycophants thread.

Just this thread collie doggie woggie?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:38 pm

i am not sure the point of this thread. all it will serve is to dredge up old wounds and relitigate discussion that has been had ad infinitum.

i didn't think queensland was that boring a place that every post from the authour turns out to be a thesis of drivel. spare me.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I agree in part qldmagpie 67. A pretty good summation. The main difference is that my commitment to Eddie has been unwavering.

I find that many of the individuals on Nicks who criticise anything and everything are just reacting to the short term failures and have no understanding of long term planning or vision.

From my business experience I realise what it takes to build something that is good and worth while. It rarely happens in the short term and it rarely happens without problems or issues. Also if it is something really special not everybody can do it and it takes talented people to build something of value.

Eddies contribution to our great club can only be question by shallow people with little to no understanding of what he has accomplished.

I did this tongue in cheek as I have never publicly criticized Eddie but like many wondered at times if Eddie had defended us enough.
He took over the club in a position of despair and built it be a power house of Australian sport. His guidance (along with other board members and club employees) has put us in a position of strength that will reap dividends for years to come.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm

John Wren wrote:

i didn't think queensland was that boring a place that every post from the authour turns out to be a thesis of drivel. spare me.

A thesis of drivel well John it may be that in your opinion like many of my other posts but I unlike you respect the right of any member to express his or her opinion without being castigated by members more intent on personal attacks than constructive input.
If my thesis annoy you so then maybe you should find some less boring pursuits than reading them all.
On a separate note I was being tongue in cheek as I have never critiqued Eddie or his performance or decision making on any issue as I for one don't know what goes on behind the closed doors of the board room.
If you can enlighten us all to your knowledge of all events listed above I'm sure the readers of my thesis would appreciate it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 pm

GWS was a big mistake, the new team should have come out of Tasmania, a state that loves aussie rules, not in rugby league heartland.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Open Letter to EddieReply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Dear Eddie, I like many others over the years have wondered at some decisions made and the direction of the club.
Some times I have wondered if you have defended our position strongly enough or were you to busy with your many media and business commitments.
Now in hindsight I realize you are so much smarter than you have been given credit for.
I list the following as examples of your brilliance.

1- Replacing MM, at the time I wondered whether giving him the brush (basically) with Bucks who hadn't coached at this level was correct. 2 & 1/2 yrs later you have been proven correct. The game has obviously passed the old man by but his ego and tunnel vision doesn't allow him to see this. He is more worried about his games coaching record surpassing the legendary Jock he doesn't have time each week to actually see how badly he coaches. You must have seen this in his make up and decided we would be best served by giving a young coach a go than stick with kicking the ball around the boundary each week.

2- Letting Swann and Buffient go. Now I thought they were both very good servants of the club. And yes it's a free world where people can pick and choose there jobs. I thought you could have fought harder to keep both but now you have been correct in not. Swann has proven he is a good CEO but when you look at the disarray carlscum are in and how good a job Pert has done for us you are a genius. Buffient was heralded by MM as the best in the business. Ummm really now look how carlscum look so unfit constantly. Again you have been proven correct.

3- Suns & GWS I never understood why you didn't spray the AFL for expanding the competition with out regards to the current clubs. I thought the spreading of talent would be to great for clubs to survive. Again your a genius you thought the extra revenue generated by the tv income would lessen the burden that would be placed on successful clubs when the AFL came calling for equalization for struggling clubs. Also you knew a smart club would plan for this and lock away some very good talent to get us through the compromised drafts (which we have done successfully) while dumb clubs who are poorly managed would struggle ie carlscum. Super planning Eddie because not only have we not had to bottom out we also gain the joy of watching carlscum become a serious wooden spoon candidate for a decade to come (a joy that keeps on giving weekly thanks to Jezza)

Eddie I for one would like to offer my sincere apologies for ever doubting you and your wisdom. Every decision has proven to be correct.

Today we sit inside the 8 whilst we aren't playing well having injuries or suspension to at least 7 of our best 22 at least we have some hope for th future with some very good young players coming through and we haven't seen our 2 top 10 draft picks from last year yet.
Yes Eddie we wouldn't swap you for anything now.
Please keep on making these great decisions and if possible if you could find any way of making things worse (if that's possible) at carlscum I for one would be grateful.

Regards
Qldmagpie

Oh you poor sad sorry soul. I presume you are a grown adult and reduced to licking butts with this type of post. Spare us all the unmanly grobble. This would have to rank as one of the weakest bum licking displays by a so called adult we have ever read on here. I have no problem with Eddie, but gee any man reading the post you just wrote would have to cringe! You weak little piss ant. Grown some balls and start behaving like a real football fan. Eddie is good and I am sure he knows it. We don't need to read you sorry thesis because you have never had any male role models in your life close to you to admire.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Hiss wrote:
Oh you poor sad sorry soul. I presume you are a grown adult and reduced to licking butts with this type of post. Spare us all the unmanly grobble. This would have to rank as one of the weakest bum licking displays by a so called adult we have ever read on here. I have no problem with Eddie, but gee any man reading the post you just wrote would have to cringe! You weak little piss ant. Grown some balls and start behaving like a real football fan. Eddie is good and I am sure he knows it. We don't need to read you sorry thesis because you have never had any male role models in your life close to you to admire.

The best slap down on the internet

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Hiss Gold - worthy of inclusion in his K-Tel 20 All Time Hiss Greats Dance Party album
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Hiss wrote:

Oh Hiss you poor forgetful bitter twisted ole fool.
I like many others can clearly remember your illogical rants on Eddie and now he ruined the club by demolishing the social club and along with cheap meat pies and schooners.
A word of advice ole mate if you wish to have any credibility when posting replies or topics then please don't handle the truth with such careless abandon.
May I also suggest that in future your ask Bertha not to sit on your chest starving your pea sized brain of oxygen.
As for not having a male role model in my life I recommend you find your facts correctly first before making personal swipes at people.
I could easily say something like your mother and father may not have loved you enough as a child due to your personal attacks on fellow posters but I'm not that kind of person.
Again I state I did this as a tongue in cheek post to remind people like you who have denigrated Eddie and the club from pillow to post for ages.
Do we need to attach your annual AGM rant as a reminder ?
Go have a another schooner at the RSL and reminisce with your friend about how you much knowledge you on the game.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:58 pm

Not having a crack mate but are you seriously suggesting that at any stage Ed hasn't defended Collingwood strongly enough?

Shit I reckon if someone said that colour TV was better than black n white Ed would be up in arms and make a case in protest.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:47 am

So you want Eddie to be Sacked as President?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:45 am

Dave The Man wrote:
So you want Eddie to be Sacked as President?

DTM it was a tongue in cheek go at the Eddie knockers. It was an attempt at humor but it appears to many cant see the cynicism in it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: