Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Something I noticed today.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:56 am
Post subject: Something I noticed today.Reply with quote

Hawks coming out of defence, they hit up a target on our fwd flank, Collingwood player A who's minding Hawthorn player B on the wing decided to rush to the hawk player on our flank, in turn leaving hawthorn player B all alone, rinse and repeat process all the way into Hawthorns fwd line.

This happened so many times today I lost count, how $£$%^%%$ dumb are we? On most occasions we had pressure coming to pressure the kicker on the flank, he was never going to run the length of the wing, but time after tucking time will fell for it.

With the pressure coming from behind the hawk kicker we'd force him to kick on the run, if we held our structure he wouldn't have a loose man to kick to, and in turn it would crowd hawthorns front half more, I don't get it, what good is leaving your man 30 metres in the clear to man a mark in our half of the ground?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 am
Post subject: Re: Something I noticed today.Reply with quote

Defender wrote:

This happened so many times today I lost count, how $£$%^%%$ dumb are we?

Defender, sometimes I agree with you, sometime I do not..........But in this case, I couldn't agree more. It shit's me to fkn death how fkn dumb this team can be.

One opposition player has it, two players run at him leaving an opponent free.....said opponent receives handball, and the coast is clear......the Hawthorn game is bible on this example.

It is just dumb f**king players not using their brains.....and surely the coaching muppets have to see this???????????? I say muppets as it's been a constant for a while.

C'mon Collingwood!!!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:32 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
Defender wrote:

This happened so many times today I lost count, how $£$%^%%$ dumb are we?

Defender, sometimes I agree with you, sometime I do not..........But in this case, I couldn't agree more. It shit's me to fkn death how fkn dumb this team can be.

One opposition player has it, two players run at him leaving an opponent free.....said opponent receives handball, and the coast is clear......the Hawthorn game is bible on this example.

It is just dumb f**king players not using their brains.....and surely the coaching muppets have to see this???????????? I say muppets as it's been a constant for a while.

C'mon Collingwood!!!

Yeah I forgot to add it wasn't only one player sucked in, what I don't get is even I know you don't leave your man to simply man a mark in your half of the ground, and I'm a $£$%^%%$ hack, it's almost like they were told to do it, in that situation the choice is simple, if your backs aren't willing to push up and cover the loose man you stand fast.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:48 am

Defender wrote:
Hawks coming out of defence, they hit up a target on our fwd flank, Collingwood player A who's minding Hawthorn player B on the wing decided to rush to the hawk player on our flank, in turn leaving hawthorn player B all alone, rinse and repeat process all the way into Hawthorns fwd line.

This happened so many times today I lost count, how $£$%^%%$ dumb are we? On most occasions we had pressure coming to pressure the kicker on the flank, he was never going to run the length of the wing, but time after tucking time will fell for it.

With the pressure coming from behind the hawk kicker we'd force him to kick on the run, if we held our structure he wouldn't have a loose man to kick to, and in turn it would crowd hawthorns front half more, I don't get it, what good is leaving your man 30 metres in the clear to man a mark in our half of the ground?

I disagree

Sometimes it was 4-5 Collingwood players charging at the player with the ball...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:51 am

The_Staunton wrote:
Defender wrote:

I disagree

Sometimes it was 4-5 Collingwood players charging at the player with the ball...

I was being kind.

You like this.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I noticed Cloke had 2 or 3 players on him every time the ball came to him ----- surely that means that we have 1 or 2 players unmanned ---- why the %$^£$%^&%% don't we kick it to the unmanned player ???????????

Witts looked lost most of the day . I say play him as a stay at home full forward when he's having one of those days . The kids not a bad kick for goal

GO PIES

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:57 am

Defender wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Defender wrote:

I disagree

I was being kind.

The honeymoon is over for Nathan kindness is a thing of days gone past.

Next year could be his last and if we don't finish top two should be unless we are willing to give him time like we did MM and wait until 2022 for a flag.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:26 am

1061 wrote:
Defender wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Defender wrote:

I disagree

I was being kind.

The honeymoon is over for Nathan kindness is a thing of days gone past.

Next year could be his last and if we don't finish top two should be unless we are willing to give him time like we did MM and wait until 2022 for a flag.

Top two???

Lol.

Get a clue.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 am

We need Maxwell back in the side.
Say what you like about him as a player, his leadership and tactical nous is priceless.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:27 am

Defender wrote:

Spot on, I noticed the same thing.

The only thing to add was that when they won the contested footy either in the middle or inside the defensive 50 they ran hard and spread wide so that the fisrt kick was out to the wing. Not exactly rocket science but very effective.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 am

Melbourne did the same thing to us too.

Difference is, Hawthorn have much better skills than Melbourne.

You could see this coming weeks ago.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 am

Wait. So you're telling me the reigning premiers gameplan is superior to ours, and the reason it is so is because they have the footskills across the whole team to execute it?

Enough of the smartarse remarks from me. But I don't think the answer is as easy as not running at the free player. Why was he free in the first place anyway?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:20 am

Cause and effect of so many inexperienced players. Will improve as the team stabilises and the kids get more exposure. Hawthorn have been struggling formwise over the last few rounds and they had 5-6 players with under 50 games, we had 11 on the weekend.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:09 pm

What p1$$es me off is when we let them short pass the ball all the way up through the middle third of the ground. Do not concede. Do not concede.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Not just us that does this. Most sides do.

Hawthorn makes a fine art of having someone outside of packs who they can tap the ball out to.

... and if we are looking for a change in our game plan, i look forward to having a forward line where our only option is not having Blair flying for a mark against three or four defenders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: