Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Variable Ticket Pricing and Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:59 am
Post subject: Variable Ticket Pricing and CollingwoodReply with quote

This week we've witnessed the complete breakdown in communication between the supporters and the AFL err....umm....media department. Variable ticketing pricing will go down as one of the great jokes of AFL recent decision making. Does anybody understand it? Is it a great idea to change the game status and pricing four hours prior to the game starting? Well yes, if you happen to be the AFL's chief-gobbledegook-in-a-suit!

A complete shambles is what it is and Darren Birch should be demoted immediately; he has no feel for the game, cannot explain his ideas and gets all huffy when challenged. Heh, wait a minute, let's promote him instead. Forget Gillon McLachlan as CEO, we've got enough toffy-nosed, Adelaide private school boys on the AFL Commission already. Let's promote Darren Birch to the top job.

But I digress, what I meant to say is this and it's a genuine question: if ticket pricing is meant to fluctuate with the demand for tickets, won't Collingwood supporters always be paying through the nose? Am I missing something here?

Of course it won't just be Collingwood supporters who will be slugged; it will be Essendon, Hawthorn, West Coast and Adelaide supporters too. In fact, any club that makes large profits will end up disadvantaging its supporters under this new AFL ticketing system because these games will be in high demand. Collingwood logically, as the biggest drawing club over the last 20 -30 years will be super-penalised. Not only will supporters be slugged up to $30 a game for blockbuster matches (and that means just about all Collingwood games), but the AFL will then siphon this money off to the poorer clubs who can't run their businesses at a profit.

Sign Joffa's petition and let's get some teeth into the AFL Supporters' Association.

Rexy17 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100%
It is always going to hit the clubs that have the biggest membership base, and that is us. We are always going to be propping up the "weak" clubs. Watch our membership numbers drop off over the next few years if this continues. Oh and don't get me started on the fact that clubs get entry rights to away games because they play home games interstate. This must stop!

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice title!! Love it!! Very Happy

And yes, agree wholeheartedly!!!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: