Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is the Footy Department telling fibs again?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I too get a bit sick of the A grade bull plop emanating from the Westpac, particularly when we lie about favourite sons. Last year and for years before the two most popular guys within our club were Daisy & Heater, followed by Dids and Swanny, basically they were the funniest guys ay the club and kept all the boys on their toes, particularly when travelling. Mick knew this and it was a big part of the reason we travelled better than any other team.

To come out with the disinformation & pure lies they gave us about these guys was horribly offensive, and couldn’t NOT affect the playing group. The players themselves know that Neither of those two wanted to leave, but they told the media that very thing. Heath Shaw directly contradicted that lie, and the liars made no reply at all, and have never repeated the lie.

I've said it ad nauseam, but until Buckley understands the mental side of the game we will be a side lacking confidence. Sides which lack confidence are unable to play at their best each week, skill errors and missed shots at goal are the outward signs of this lack of confidence.

Our skill errors dropped noticeably against the Roos, and though we missed plenty, as usual, we didn't kick ourselves out of the game. Maybe something is changing? I certainly hope so. Anzac day will give us far more information.

Lying about injuries does nothing to bother the opposition, and is insulting to members and supporters. I have no doubt at all that there have been instances when perfectly fit players were named as 'injured' when the reality was that they were left out for disciplinary or even 'political' reasons.

This might fool us and the media, but not the playing group who hang out with these players on a daily basis.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:51 pm

I am more concerned with Reid. Next week is 2 months since he did his calf injury. I understand they probably won't risk him before the bye but I would be concerned if he is not ready to resume even in the VFL by the time we play the Crows.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It is what it is. Smile

The injuries were what they were!!! FWIW, here is the current club produced bullshit. Rolling Eyes

Tim Broomhead Shin splints Test
Paul Seedsman Hip Test
Adam Oxley Ankle 1 week
Ben Sinclair Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Ben Reid Calf 1-2 weeks
Nathan Freeman Hamstring 3 weeks
Matthew Scharenberg Feet Indefinite

So going by this, every player minus Shazza should be fit to play AFL/VFL after the break.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Collingwood (as of 4th March)
Tim Broomhead, hand – 2 or 3 weeks
Nathan Freeman, hamstring – 4 or 5 weeksPatrick Karnezis, groin injury – 4 to 6 weeks
Adam Oxley, ankle injury – 4 or 6 weeks
Matthew Scharenberg, feet injuries – 8 to 10 weeks
Paul Seedsman, hip injury – 2 or 3 weeks
Josh Thomas, knee injury – 1 week -

See more at: http://www.aflonline.com.au/afl-news/2014-afl-injury-list/#sthash.1CZLub9w.dpuf

Just shows how much the club tells porkies with Injurys..Broomhead should have been back before round 1!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

I reckon they're actually pretty truthful. The initial assessment is usually a best case scenario, and while not a lie should not be seen as a definite return schedule. Recovery rates can vary and setbacks do happen. When recovery is taking longer the club usually says so. They were upfront about Freeman's situation for instance. Ben Reid's the bigger worry and is looking more like Beams last year.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:56 pm

They were only upfront about Freemans situation about 3 -4 weeks ago.

Which was 3-4 after he was due back.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I reckon they're actually pretty truthful. The initial assessment is usually a best case scenario, and while not a lie should not be seen as a definite return schedule. Recovery rates can vary and setbacks do happen. When recovery is taking longer the club usually says so. They were upfront about Freeman's situation for instance. Ben Reid's the bigger worry and is looking more like Beams last year.

Reid is nothing like Beams last year. Beamer, by his own admission, kept training too hard against doctors orders and kept re-injuring himself. Reid, according to the latest reports, injured his calf closer to the tendon than the muscle, and they have taken a more cautious approach with his recovery than they initially expected they would need to.

And yes Lazza, provided there are no hiccups in recovery, we should have a very healthy list post-bye. Pretty sure the Seed and Broomy are confirmed starters this week in the VFL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: