Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fingers crossed for Marley - And it worked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess, it'll take a day or two to settle his mind from the emotional rollercoaster but I reckon he'll be jumping out of his skin and play a blinder this Saturday. A lot's happened since but he was in blinding hot form in the preseason, probably our best defender and it wouldn't surprise me to see him promoted before the end of May. Wishful thinking? Hell yeah! Very Happy
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
At a guess, it'll take a day or two to settle his mind from the emotional rollercoaster but I reckon he'll be jumping out of his skin and play a blinder this Saturday. A lot's happened since but he was in blinding hot form in the preseason, probably our best defender and it wouldn't surprise me to see him promoted before the end of May. Wishful thinking? Hell yeah! Very Happy

Maxy pretty much said yesterday that he's not going to play this week.

It seems as though he won't be back in the VFL until after the bye...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
He made a mistake, and realises it, good lad, he will learn. Just hope the couple of jerks on here who wanted him dropped from our club, just pull their bloody heads in, and realise everyone deserves a second chance. Well done ed, Rodney, perty, and all concerned,he is a vital player for us.

Agree word for word Piesnchess. Great and CORRECT result.

Just to clear up a few other comments here, Marley pleaded guilty to common assault, NOT to GBH. Huge difference here and he did the right thing. Why plead guilty for something he didn't consider himself doing???

The other point is the one I made numerous times in the older Marley thread. Marley was assaulted in the toilet by these bloody shit for brains as the Judge has now confirmed. How come the provocatuer/instigator gets away with it while the responder/retaliator gets punitive action? This is the one part of the laws of this country I cannot work our for the life of me. Those bloody dickheads who waited for him outside AFTER they were kicked out of the club should be doing time. I hope Karma gets to them real soon.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

I provoke someone, they hit me. They get jail. I get off. FMD.

Reminds me of that stupid rule where robbers break into a house with total intent to rob, the house owner catches them in the act and gives them a hiding in his own house. The robbers charge him for assault, the house owner does time...... Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
does anyone know the law? If another incident happens in Victoria, does this set off the suspended sentence, or does it need to occur in WA? If it is the latter, then keep him out of WA for the next 12 months.

The suspended sentence applies for an incident anywhere in Australia.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Damien wrote:
Hats off to the club for the way it has Been handled too. Everyone from the Prez down has done it in the most dignified, responsible and respectful way for all involved. From the moment they made him unavailable right up until today. Very professional. Well done Collingwood football club.

Yes, spot on.
The support the club offered Marley was fantastic as well as the decisions made and messages given along the way.
We've come a long way since the shaw/dids debacle.

Very proud of the club and hope Marley repays the faith in a very long and distinguished career.

THIS.

The Collingwood Football Club has been bloody fantastic with this stuff. Really professional and supportive of the player. Top effort from them.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Looks like he'll cop the penalty on the chin & get on with the rest of his life.

Hate the one to be negative but can the WA prosecution authorities ask for an appeal for the sentence? Just wondering, that's all.......... Rolling Eyes
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Lazza -
I reckon this 29 yo goose probably copped his right whack. (pardon the pun).
If he's had his jaw shattered by 1 punch from an 18 yo, don't think he'd last too long in jail - especially with the other inmates knowing the back-story.
"Bubba's bitch" comes to mind! LMAO!!!!!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Lazza -
If he's had his jaw shattered by 1 punch from an 18 yo, don't think he'd last too long in jail - especially with the other inmates knowing the back-story.

You are of course right but I reckon the entire priciple of the instigator getting away with it is so wrong, and has always been wrong. Even with the AFL umpires, you see this all the time........... Exclamation
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Damien wrote:
Hats off to the club for the way it has Been handled too. Everyone from the Prez down has done it in the most dignified, responsible and respectful way for all involved. From the moment they made him unavailable right up until today. Very professional. Well done Collingwood football club.

Agree 100%.
The club has been sensational, not sure if it would have been handled so well by any other club.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Lazza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Lazza -

You are of course right but I reckon the entire priciple of the instigator getting away with it is so wrong, and has always been wrong. Even with the AFL umpires, you see this all the time........... Exclamation

Agree with the sentiment, but he hardly "got away with it". I wonder if he's eating solids yet?? Very Happy

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:03 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-23/williams-may-play-in-vfl
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

Maxy pretty much said yesterday that he's not going to play this week.

It seems as though he won't be back in the VFL until after the bye...

Maxy just trying to quell expectations to protect his team mate? Nothing wrong with that of course, just say'n.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Lazza -

My daughter got busted whacking another girl in retaliation and got in trouble. It's always the retaliator who cops it, from cradle to grave. I've told her that if she hits someone back then she'll get in trouble from school but not from me. If she hits someone first then there'll be hell to pay Laughing

As for the home defence thing, it is indeed an absolute joke that we don't have the right to self defence without jumping through legal hoops of 'reasonable force' to avoid going to jail. Someone invades your home then all bets should be off (called Castle doctrine in the States). No chance of Police making it in time to save your life so as they say, better to be judged by 12 peers than buried by 6.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:09 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Lazza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Lazza -

Agree with the sentiment, but he hardly "got away with it". I wonder if he's eating solids yet?? Very Happy

I meant getting away with it in a legal sense.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Wokko wrote:
Lazza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Lazza -

My daughter got busted whacking another girl in retaliation and got in trouble. It's always the retaliator who cops it, from cradle to grave. I've told her that if she hits someone back then she'll get in trouble from school but not from me. If she hits someone first then there'll be hell to pay Laughing

As for the home defence thing, it is indeed an absolute joke that we don't have the right to self defence without jumping through legal hoops of 'reasonable force' to avoid going to jail. Someone invades your home then all bets should be off (called Castle doctrine in the States). No chance of Police making it in time to save your life so as they say, better to be judged by 12 peers than buried by 6.

Wokko, I agree with every single word you wrote. It has always been a real mystery to me as to why society through the legal system or the media hasn't ever made a deal of this stupid abnormality in the past.
I recently heard a case of a burglar who was chased by the house occupant and cut himself while jumping over a wall which had pieces of broken glass cemented on top for security purposes. You guessed it, the house occupant was charged with having a dangerous home environment...... Shocked Go figure...... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: